Hi everyone, yes as you can see, I have another banana peanut butter recipe for you. These Healthy Banana Muffins with peanut butter and chocolate chips are so good! I had a friend give me 3 big cases of yogurt last week and I told her I’d make a batch of somewhat healthy banana muffins to repay the favor. You’ll be so happy eating one of these bad boys for breakfast, they are soft and full of fabulous flavor! I baked one muffin in a small ramekin then wrapped it up for my friend. Give it a try, it makes a cute homemade gift!
No worries if you are not a coconut fan, just leave it out. I made half of them with coconut topping for me and half without to satisfy my picky coconut hating husband! Hope you all enjoy!
Up next are my newest stuffed shells that will have you stuffed in NO time! Come back soon!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins with Peanut Butter
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 Eggs (I use Eggland's Best Eggs)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup low fat vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar or another coarse sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter, eggs, bananas, yogurt, sugar and peanut butter into a large mixing bowl. Mix to combine.
- Place all dry ingredients into a separate large bowl and stir to combine.
- Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips until just combined.
- Scoop into muffin tins lined with paper cups 2/3 way full. Sprinkle with coarse sugar and shredded coconut.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from center.