Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
Tags: cupcakes, frosting, toffee chip
My Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Dough Frosting are the perfect cupcake to celebrate any day of the week!
I have no words to describe my newest cupcake. They are all of my favorite things rolled into one amazing cupcake.
Double chocolate, soft perfect cupcake with a giant mound of egg-less peanut butter cookie dough frosting with toffee chips throughout. I’m in heaven!
These would make the perfect Valentine’s Day treat for your sweetie pie if I might say so myself.
Hope you enjoy!
Here’s your line-up of ingredients for your cupcakes. Simple pantry ingredients you are likely to have on hand.
It’s always a pleasure teaming up with Gold Medal Flour. Always a must in my kitchen!
You’ll just need one bowl for the cupcakes. Could not be more simple.
Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter. I recommend using foil liners. These paper liners are not my favorite. I find that when I use some paper liners, I have to use 2 liners per cupcake and sometimes it’s hard to peel them off of the cupcake.
Here’s the frosting ingredients. Pretend like the Oreos are not there. I didn’t end up using them 🙂
Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Frosting. Gulp!!
I used a big cookie scoop/ice cream scoop for the frosting. Kind of love how that looks!
I drizzled the cupcakes with a warm chocolate ganache because you can never have too much chocolate! Enjoy!
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH PEANUT BUTTER TOFFEE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH FROSTING
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 20 min | Total time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 16 cupcake cups with foil liners.
- Microwave milk in a medium bowl until hot. Pour in chocolate chips and let sit for a couple minutes. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs, sour cream and oil into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Pour in melted chocolate, mixing until well combined. Fill lined muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, until baked through. Careful to not take out early, or cupcakes will sink in the middle. Let cool completely.
- To prepare frosting, place butter into a stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add peanut butter, sugar and vanilla beating until combined. Add flour, salt, heavy cream and toffee chips, mixing until desired consistency. If dough is too dry, add additional cream. Place dollops of cookie dough frosting on top of cooled cupcakes using a large cookie scoop or large ice cream scoop. Drizzle with warm chocolate ganache if desired.
Makes 16 Servings
This was a sponsored post for Gold Medal Flour, 2014 however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.