Sharing my delicious cookie dough cupcakes today! My Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes with Dough Frosting are the perfect cupcake to celebrate any day of the week!
Cookie Dough Cupcakes
I’ve got the perfect homemade cookie dough cupcakes for you today! I have no words to describe my newest cupcake. They are all of my favorite things rolled into one amazing cupcake. Double chocolate, soft perfect cupcake with a giant mound of egg-less peanut butter cookie dough frosting with toffee chips throughout. I’m in heaven! Hope you enjoy!
Try my Homemade Caramel Cupcakes too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Here’s your line-up of ingredients for your cupcakes. Simple pantry ingredients you are likely to have on hand.
You’ll just need one bowl for the cupcakes. Could not be more simple.
How To Make Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line 16 cupcake cups with foil liners.
- Microwave milk in a medium bowl until hot. Pour in chocolate chips and let sit for a couple minutes. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, baking soda, eggs, sour cream and oil into a large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Pour in melted chocolate, mixing until well combined. Fill lined muffin cups 3/4 full with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, until baked through. Careful to not take out early, or cupcakes will sink in the middle. Let cool completely.
Fill your cupcake liners 3/4 full with the batter. I recommend using foil liners. These paper liners are not my favorite. I find that when I use some paper liners, I have to use 2 liners per cupcake and sometimes it’s hard to peel them off of the cupcake.
Cookie Dough Frosting Ingredients
Here’s the frosting ingredients. Pretend like the Oreos are not there. I didn’t end up using them 🙂
Peanut Butter Toffee Chip Cookie Dough Frosting. Gulp!!
How To Make Cookie Dough Frosting
- To prepare frosting, place butter into a stand mixer and beat until smooth. Add peanut butter, sugar and vanilla beating until combined. Add flour, salt, heavy cream and toffee chips, mixing until desired consistency. If dough is too dry, add additional cream. Place dollops of cookie dough frosting on top of cooled cupcakes using a large cookie scoop or large ice cream scoop. Drizzle with warm chocolate ganache if desired.
I used a big cookie scoop/ice cream scoop for the frosting. Kind of love how that looks!
Homemade Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup canola oil
Cookie Dough Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose Gold Medal Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate toffee chips
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board