Talking about our favorite cupcake recipe today!! These Caramel Cupcakes are all kinds of delicious. Whip up a batch today!
I’ve got just the cupcake recipe for you! Homemade yellow cake on bottom and salted caramel on top! You are in for a treat with my homemade cupcake.
What a treat partnering with Werther’s Original in honor of National Caramel Day! I’ve developed a cupcake that you are going to absolutely love. You have a homemade yellow butter cake with crushed caramel candies melted throughout when baked and my homemade buttercream on top with melted Werther’s Soft Caramels.
How To Make Best Cupcake Recipe
To start, cream your butter and sugar until well combined.
You’ll add your eggs and vanilla then sour cream up next.
Add half of your dry ingredients and continue with remaining ingredients.
Stir in your crushed caramels.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20-22 minutes, until baked through. Let cool completely.
Place unwrapped caramels into a small saucepan with a couple tablespoons of milk to melt.
Prepare the buttercream, scoop or spread onto cupcakes and slowly drizzle partially cooled caramel.
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup buttermilk no substitutions
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 unwrapped Werther’s Original Caramel Hard Candies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 20 unwrapped Werther’s Original Soft Caramels
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Place butter and sugar into stand mixer, beat until well combined. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla until well combined. Slowly add half of buttermilk, half of dry ingredients then remaining buttermilk and dry ingredients mixing until well combined. Stir in Werther’s Original crushed caramels.
- While cupcakes are cooling, place butter into stand mixer and beat until creamy. Slowly add powdered sugar until you’ve got a nice consistency. Stir heavy cream until smooth. Frost over cupcakes. Place Werther’s soft caramels and milk into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and let cool until thick yet still able to drizzle. Slowly drizzle over tops of frosting and serve.
Disclaimer: This post is in partnership with Werther’s Original. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Picky Palate possible.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.