I had so much fun creating this cupcake 🙂 Hot chocolate is the best during the winter so why not add it to your cupcakes?! Talk about a dreamy soft chocolate cupcake with a surprise mint truffle kissed center. These are truly to die for….can’t wait for you guys to give these a try. Can you practically taste the toasted marshmallows on top? Mmmm!
Have fun whipping these up with your family. They’ll be a huge hit 🙂 Happy baking!
Here’s your line up!
Feel free to use any brand of hot chocolate mix, even your own recipe is A-OK 🙂
Make a small cup of hot chocolate for the cupcake batter. Just warm milk, not hot!
This is some good batter 🙂
Fill your cupcake liners up….
Break out your mint kisses or even the candy cane ones work 🙂
Press a kiss in centers of cupcakes and time to bake.
Top with marshmallows and bake some more.
Until they look like this 🙂
Stick a trimmed straw inside for a little decoration and time to EAT!
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes With Mint Kissed Centers
- 1 Devils Food Cake Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup warm milk mixed with 1 packet hot chocolate mix
- 24 mint truffle kisses (or the Candy Cane ones work great too)
- 3-4 cups mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place cake mix, eggs, oil, pudding mix, sour cream and mixed hot chocolate into a stand mixer on medium speed. Mix until well combined, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Scoop into 24 paper lined muffin tins about 3/4 full. Place a mint truffle kiss into center of each cupcake pressing to bottom.
- Bake for 18 minutes, remove and top with marshmallow.
- Return back to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until marshmallows are puffed and just starting to brown.
- Remove and let cool. You can place a cut straw into each cupcake if desired to decorate.
Hope you enjoy! Have a great rest of your week!!