This Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Pasta Bake is an easy weeknight dinner idea the whole family is going to love! It’s my favorite way to enjoy a grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Casserole
There’s nothing I love more than a new simple to prepare weeknight dinner recipe! This pasta bake recipe brings two of my favorite combinations together into a fantastic weeknight dinner idea!
Try my Chicken Caprese Pasta Bake too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration.
Pasta Bake Recipe
To start, cook your pasta according to package directions.
Melt butter in a large skillet.
Add your cooked drained pasta.
A little salt and pepper. A little garlic salt and bacon pieces stirred into the pasta.
You’ll need 2 cups of the Creamy Tomato Soup. A little cumin, paprika and some diced tomatoes with peppers. Transfer soup to a large skillet and top with fresh cilantro leaves. Pour pasta right on top.
Top with cheese please!
Time to bake!
Oodles of melted cheese. I just died.
Wait until you get your hands on this dish. You are going to love it! Enjoy 🙂
Tips How To Cook Perfect Pasta
- Use a large pot. Pick a roomy pot that gives the pasta plenty of space to move.
- Load up the pot with lots of water. You want five or six quarts for a standard package of pasta.
- Salt the water. Then salt, salt, and salt again! Don’t just give a single tap of the shaker—you want to use at least a tablespoon.
- Bring the water to a full, rolling boil
- Keep stirring. The benefit: Occasionally stirring the pot will keep your pasta from clumping.
- Test the pasta two minutes before it’s “ready” No matter your preference, it’s better to err on the side of al dente, as overcooked pasta will break down and become mush.
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup Pasta Bake
- 1/2 pound dry/uncooked penne pasta I used mini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Cups prepared Tomato Soup Trader Joe's has a great one
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes with peppers
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Place butter into a large skillet over medium heat to melt. When melted add pasta, bacon pieces, garlic salt and pepper. Stir to combine them remove from heat.
- Place Imagine Creamy Tomato Soup into a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in cumin and paprika to combine. Pour soup into bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with cilantro leaves then top with pasta. Top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove and serve warm.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board