This Chicken Caprese Pasta Recipe is the perfect quick fix weeknight dinner packed with fresh tomatoes, fresh basil, mozarella cheese and cheesy pasta! It’s a winning dinner recipe all around that takes just minutes to get into the oven.
Chicken Caprese Pasta Bake
Pasta recipes are some of my very favorite kind of recipes to create! I’ve developed this simple and ultra flavorful caprese pasta recipe the whole family is going to love in a creamy alfredo sauce with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Plus it’s done in about 30 minutes! Score!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s a quick and easy pasta recipe for busy weeknights!
- You get a flavor packed pasta dinner with minimal ingredients.
- This dinner is done in about 30 minutes!
What You’ll Need
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this pasta dish at home. See the recipe card located at the bottom of the post for full details.
- penne pasta– I used Penne pasta for my pasta bake, any similar sized pasta works just fine.
- prepared alfredo sauce– Check your grocery store for prepared alfredo sauce located in the pasta sauce isle. There are many good choices available.
- cooked chicken breast– For my recipes that call for cooked chicken, I use a rotisserie chicken that I’ll de-bone and keep the shredded chicken in the refrigerator for quick use in recipes.
- cherry tomatoes– Find cherry tomatoes in the produce department of your grocery store. They’re nice and small, cook nicely in pasta.
- fresh basil leaves– Fresh basil is a main ingredient in Caprese recipes. It’s fresh and absolutely delicious in this pasta dish.
- Parmesan Cheese– Look for a nice Parmesan cheese to use in the recipe. There are plenty of good options that have been grated, and shaved pre-packaged.
- sweet peppers– Sweet peppers can be found in the produce department near the bell peppers. They’re very mild and slightly sweet. They’ll be sold in a bag with red, orange and yellow small peppers. Great in pasta and salads.
- mozzarella balls– Check the cheese section of your grocery store for mozzaella balls that are marinated in either water or olive oil. You can also use other fresh mozzarella that you slice yourself.
What Exactly is Chicken Caprese?
Don’t get thrown off by the name Caprese, it’s basically a chicken recipe made with fresh tomatoes, basil and mozzarella cheese. Sounds nice and fancy to impress your guests, but it’s actually a very simple recipe to put together.
How To Make Chicken Caprese Pasta
Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Cook Pasta. Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in a large skillet over warm heat.
Add Pasta Sauce and Remaining Ingredients. Stir in pasta sauce, chicken, tomatoes, basil leaves, Parmesan cheese and sweet peppers.
This is such a great dinner recipe for anytime of the week to put together quickly. It’s colorful, creamy and perfectly cheesy. One of our favorites to have on hand.
Transfer Pasta To Baking Dish. Transfer pasta to a baking dish and top with the Mozzarella balls.
Bake. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until cheese is melted and pasta hot.
How To Serve Chicken Caprese Pasta
Serve this dinner with a nice side salad. You can serve with garlic toast if you’d like too. This pasta bake is even great on its own.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover pasta in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in a heatproof plate or bowl, covered for 60 seconds or until hot.
Tips For Easy Dinner Recipe
- Chop all of your vegetables the night before or ahead of time to save time before dinner.
- Use a cut up rotisserie chicken, love keeping in the refrigerator for quick fix dinner ideas.
- Serve this meal with a nice chopped salad.
Try More Pasta Recipes!
Chicken Caprese Pasta Bake
- 9 x 13 inch baking dish
- Large Skillet/Fry Pan
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 12 ounces dry penne pasta
- 1 cup prepared alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves cut into chiffonade
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella balls Ciliegine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and lightly spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in a large skillet over warm heat.
- Stir in pasta sauce, chicken, tomatoes, basil leaves, Parmesan cheese and sweet peppers. Transfer to prepared baking dish and top evenly with Mozzarella balls. Bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese is melted.