This Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad is so fresh, healthy and delicious. This is going to be your new go-to recipe for days when you want lasting energy and strength!
Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad
One of my favorite things to do is go to lunch with my girlfriends. I love trying new dishes and new restaurants while chit chatting the afternoon away. That’s the best right?!
A favorite place to go grab a bite to eat is right in Fashion Island, Newport Beach. It’s a little cafe/bakery called Le Pain Quotidien which means “the daily bread”
They serve fresh, healthy and wholesome menu options that leave you feeling great. Last week, if you follow me on Instagram, you saw my photo of a salad similar to the one I have here today. It was a gorgeous quinoa tabbouleh over arugula and drizzled with dressing. It was so fresh and wonderful I had to re-create it at home for you all!
So…..here you have my take on Le Pain’s Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad 🙂 Enjoy!
You start with a beautiful bed of arugula leaves….or any of your favorite greens.
You’ll whip up my simple quinoa recipe that is perfect over your greens….or eaten straight out of the bowl.
Time for a simple balsamic vinaigrette. My husband, the lovely hand model will be demonstrating this for us today. Start with some extra virgin olive oil into a mason jar. I would use a large mason jar for the whole reciope, what you see here was for 2 salads for my hubby and I 🙂
Add some balsamic vinegar next please 🙂
Some kosher salt to the jar.
….and some freshly ground black pepper.
Here’s the fun part, give a good shake.
No, a really good shake. My husband was being too gentle with it, lol! Shake like crazy until nice and combined.
Set your dressing aside and slice a beautifully ripe avocado.
There we go, now fan the avocado slices around your greens.
Take a giant cookie scoop or spoon and place your lovely quinoa right on top of your greens.
Here you have one of my favorite salads that you can enjoy right at home. This salad is gluten free too, yippee!
My husband is not the world’s biggest arugula fan, so he uses spinach leaves which was equally as delicious, so use what you’d like.
Make sure you drizzle some of that wonderful dressing over your salad and eat up!
Quinoa Tabbouleh Arugula Salad
- 2 cups dry quinoa
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 8 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Basic Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp kosher salt (more can be added after tasting)
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups arugula leaves washed and dried
- 2 large avocados pitted and thinly sliced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl and fluff with fork. Let cool for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so.
- When quinoa is cooled for the most part, add Parmesan, tomatoes, cucumber, Feta, parsley, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- To prepare dressing, place olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper into a large mason jar. Close lid and shake like crazy for a good minute, or until dressing is nicely combined. Drizzle half into quinoa, stirring to combine. Save remaining dressing for drizzling over greens.
- Divide arugula between 4 large plates. Top arugula with large spoonfuls of quinoa and garnish plate with avocado slices. Drizzle greens with a touch of dressing and serve.