My slow cooked Salsa Verde Shredded Beef recipe is great in tacos, burritos and so much more. Slow cooker recipes are my favorite and this perfectly seasoned tender shredded beef could not be more simple to prepare!
Table of Contents
Shredded Beef Recipe
Slow Cooker recipes are so convenient for busy families, I love getting them ready in the morning and having dinner ready by the time everyone gets home from school and work. This tender slow cooked shredded beef recipe is seasoned so nicely with just a couple ingredients. I use this simple recipe for tacos, burritos and rice bowls.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- No heating up the oven when using the crock pot.
- The most flavorful shredded beef recipe using just a couple ingredients!
- So easy to make!
- Makes the best leftovers in tacos, burritos, salads, and eggs!
What’s The Best Cut of Beef To Use in The Slow Cooker?
There are a number of cuts of beef you can use in your slow cooker, but when I’m doing a shredded beef for tacos and burritos I always go for the boneless chuck roast.
Here’s What You’ll Need To Make The Best Shredded Beef Recipe
For my shredded beef recipe, I literally use 2 ingredients.
- One packet of Ranch Dressing seasoning
- Jar of Herdez Salsa Verde! So easy and so delicious.
How To Make Shredded Beef In Crockpot
Place Roast In Crock Pot. Place roast inside slow cooker, pour Ranch seasoning packet evenly over roast. Pour half of the 24 ounce jar of salsa over top as well. You’ll save half once you shred the beef later.
Cook Roast. Close lid and let cook on high for about 5 hours. Low 8-12 hours works too.
Remove Roast From Crockpot Onto Large Plate. Drain liquid into a heat proof bowl, Discard once cooled. Place cooked roast onto large plate. With two forks, shred the beef and remove pieces of fat.
Place Shredded Beef Back Into Crock Pot. Once shredded and fat removed, place back into slow cooker. Reduce heat to low or warm if you still have some time before serving.
Pour Salsa Over Shredded Beef. I use the remaining salsa verde about 12 ounces left, to pour over shredded beef. Give a good stir and let simmer on low until ready to serve in tacos, burritos or salad bowls.
Recipe Tips For Success
- When roast is cooked, make sure to remove the fat when shredding.
- Season accordingly with salt, pepper and garlic salt in addition to salsa verde salsa.
- This shredded beef recipe is so versatile, use it for leftovers all week in new dinner ideas. Tacos, burritos, salads, eggs, and rice. So many options.
So flavorful and delicious. Hope you enjoy my simple shredded beef recipe!
How To Serve
How To Store Leftovers
Refrigerate. Store any leftover beef in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Reheating instructions. Reheat shredded beef in a heat proof bowl in the microwave, loosely covered, cooking for 65-90 seconds, until hot.
Freezing Instructions. To freeze shredded beef, place cooled beef in an airtight container or freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw before reheating.
Try These Other Beef Recipes!
Salsa Verde Shredded Beef
- Slow Cooker
- forks to shred beef
- 3-5 pound chuck roast boneless
- 1 packet Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix dry not prepared
- 24 ounce jar Herdez Salsa Verde
- Place chuck roast into bottom of slow cooker on high heat. Top evenly with Ranch Dressing Seasoning Mix then pour half of the salsa verde on top. Save half of salsa for after beef is shredded. Close lid and let cook on high for 5 hours or on low 8-12 hours.
- When tender, remove roast from slow cooker and transfer to large plate. With two forks, de-fat and shred into desired sized pieces. Drain liquid in slow cooker. Either discard or save for later. Place shredded beef back into slow cooker and pour in remaining salsa that was saved. Cover with lid and simmer on low heat until ready to serve.