Sharing our favorite turkey chili recipe today made with simple pantry ingredients. My Taco Turkey Chili is simple to prepare and packed with delicious taco flavors!
Making dinners that use simple pantry ingredients are so helpful right now while we’re navigating how to deal with the Corona Virus that has consumed our lives so quickly. I’m here to help! I’ve got a good eye for quick fix dinners and I’ll be here to get some simple dinners on your table.
Ingredients For Turkey Chili
- extra virgin olive oil
- ground turkey (can also use ground chicken, ground beef or ground sausage)
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning packet
- ground cumin
- kosher salt, black pepper
- garlic salt
- diced tomatoes with green chilies (Rotel, mild)
- can of corn, drained
- can of black beans, drained
- can of kidney beans, drained
- can of tomato paste
- prepared mild salsa
- chicken broth
- chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in large pot, when hot brown ground turkey.
Can I Substitute Another Meat?
Yes, feel free to substitute with ground chicken, ground beef and even ground sausage.
Add seasonings to turkey while browning. If you don’t have Ranch Dressing dry seasoning, you can add 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt in its place.
Add the canned items, corn, tomatoes, beans, and tomato paste.
Stir in your favorite prepared salsa and chicken broth. Stir to combine then simmer on low until ready to serve.
How To Serve Turkey Chili
- Serve turkey chili by itself with your favorite toppings such as sour cream, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped green onions and even bacon crumbles.
- Serve chili over rice for another option. It’s always nice to serve with a side salad too.
Can I Freeze Chili?
Yes, let chili cool, place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost and heat to serve.
Taco Turkey Chili
- Dutch Oven
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Ranch Dressing dry seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- two 10 ounce cans diced tomatoes with green chilies such as Rotel (mild)
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 15 ounce can kidney beans drained
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or more if you'd like.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro for garnish if you'd like
- Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. When hot, add turkey, Ranch seasoning, cumin, salt, pepper and garlic salt. Cook and stir to combine and brown. When turkey is browned, add corn, tomatoes, beans, tomato paste, salsa and chicken broth. Stir to combine and let cook for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low to simmer until ready to serve. Garnish top of chili with fresh cilantro if desired. We like to serve our chili with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion, and salsa.