Sharing my favorite pumpkin spice cookies today! The Best Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies are perfect for your Fall Baking and upcoming parties!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
So excited for you to try these Pumpkin Spice Cookies! This time of year is the best time to bake don’t you think? I have The Best Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies to share with you today. Super simple to prepare and one of my favorites for Fall. Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Try my Best Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe too! Follow Picky Palate on Instagram for daily recipe inspiration!
Here are some of your basic ingredients you’ll need to make your cookies.
How To Make Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet for your cookies.
Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in pumpkin and molasses, stirring until combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing to combine.
Add flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Stir just until combined then add chips. Stir to combine. Scoop dough onto baking sheet, placing 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until baked through.
Cream your butter and sugars to get started!
Add your pumpkin puree. I used Libby’s today. Trader Joe’s also has a great can I use often as well.
A touch of molasses up next.
Stir in your egg and vanilla up next.
Dry ingredients up next! Flour, instant pudding mix, baking soda and salt.
Add your bag of Cinnamon Chips!
Where To Find Cinnamon Chips
I get the Hershey’s brand. These can be difficult to find, but this time of year you should be good! Check your local grocery store’s baking isle. If you can’t find them, I’ve ordered them on Amazon plenty of times. They’re actually delicious all year round.
This dough! Heavenly, I’m telling you.
Scoop your dough onto your favorite baking sheet. I love the 1/2 sheet size. You can also use parchment paper or a silpat mat. Today, I decided to bake right onto the baking sheet. Do whatever you prefer.
You’ll want to bake your cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. I did one batch at 12 minutes and one at 10 minutes. I actually like both. The batch baked for 12 minutes are baked fully, the batch baked at 10 minutes are a little gooey in the middle. Mmmm!
Tips For Making The Best Cookies
- Don’t alter the recipe, use all ingredients as listed.
- For a more firm cookie, refrigerate your cookie dough for 24 hours before baking.
- Always use butter, not margarine. ALWAYS. I prefer salted butter for my chocolate chip cookies. Try it!
- Do not ever grease your cookie sheets. Will make cookies spread and change texture.
- Don’t skip creaming your butter and sugars for a good 2 minutes. Helps create a fluffy, chewy cookie.
- Try sprinkling dough with just a touch of salt for a perfect sweet and salty combination.
- Don’t overtake your cookies. Cookies will continue to cook on hot cookie sheet when removed from oven.
- Let cookies cool completely before storing in containers. This will keep their crispness
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for 3 days room temperature.
The Best Cinnamon Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 stick salted butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag Hershey’s Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare a baking sheet for your cookies.
- Cream butter and sugars in large mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in pumpkin and molasses, stirring until combined. Add egg and vanilla mixing to combine.
- Add flour, pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Stir just until combined then add chips. Stir to combine. Scoop dough onto baking sheet, placing 2 inches apart. Bake for 12 minutes or until baked through.
Pin To Your Favorite Recipe Board!