Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2007

Good Morning Honey!

Tags: , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

(This Breakfast tastes much better than the picture looks)

So, I got up early today thanks to my little one and made my hubby breakfast (took under 30 minutes). He is such a sweetheart. He got up early to take some friends to the airport so I wouldn’t have to. However, he was hurrying me while I was taking pictures of it, so it’s not my best. I can’t wait to get my new camera. I’ve doubled this recipe and it’s fed the 4 of us. Give the kids a little ketchup to dip the potatoes and they love it!
So Good Scrambled Eggs With Pan Fried Baby Red Potatoes

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
2 medium baby red potatoes, small dice
Pinch of salt and pepper (I like big pinches, but everyone is different on saltiness)
¼ teaspoon dried parsley flakes

1 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 Tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
2 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
3 eggs
2 Tablespoons milk
Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys or Spice Hunter is great)
¼ Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese

1 piece buttered toast of choice
2 strips bacon, cooked and crisped (I get the precooked bacon at Costco and hit it in the microwave for 60 seconds, it’s great!)
¼ Cup salsa of choice

1. Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions, potatoes, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook and stir frequently for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and slightly golden on edges.

2. Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Saute red bell pepper and onion for 3-5 minutes, until softened. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Pour into hot skillet. Cook and stir with rubber spatula until cooked through. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, remove from heat.

3. Serve with toast, crisped bacon and a side of salsa.

Serves 1-2

Comments

Jules says:

Okay, seriously, YUM. I am so excited to try these recipes on your site! I am so impressed with your contest entries!

Kim A says:

Ok, no offense, but the potatoes are creeping me out!

Leave it to my sister to be totally honest. I told you the picture bites! Those potatoes are really good, I promise!

KacieFlake says:

Halloween’s going to be killer for Kim if a few potatoes are creeping her out. Ha ha, I love sisters.

LOL Kacie! Maybe as a joke I’ll leave a plate at her door, ring the doorbell and run! Oh darn she reads this!

Alli Elggren says:

Jenny-

How do you 2 not weigh 3oo pounds? You have a lucky hubby to cook such yummy foods for him!

Hi Alli,
    I miss not having your family in the ward already! At least we have our blogging!

I seriously eat alot, I also enjoy working out. If I didn’t exercise, I would seriously weigh 500 lbs.

buyclomido says:

Is not spam, it is only my commercial offer. Sorry if i mistake of topic!

Buy Clomid – Best testimonials. Buy now. Satisfaction is guaranteed.
    Best price for brand and generic medications.
    From $0.60 per item. Free Airmail shipping for Clomid 100mg 90 tabs and save $135 on order!

Gil Bollich says:

Highly impressed, discovered your page on Bing.Glad I finally tested it out. Not sure if its my Opera browser,but sometimes when I visit your site, the fonts are really small? However, love your page and will check back.See Ya