(This Breakfast tastes much better than the picture looks)
So, I got up early today thanks to my little one and made my hubby breakfast (took under 30 minutes). He is such a sweetheart. He got up early to take some friends to the airport so I wouldn’t have to. However, he was hurrying me while I was taking pictures of it, so it’s not my best. I can’t wait to get my new camera. I’ve doubled this recipe and it’s fed the 4 of us. Give the kids a little ketchup to dip the potatoes and they love it!
So Good Scrambled Eggs With Pan Fried Baby Red Potatoes
The satisfying combination of scrambled eggs with home fries is taken up a notch with peppers, onions, seasonings and melted cheese. Goes great with a side of toast and bacon!
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 medium baby red potatoes small dice
- Pinch of salt and pepper (I like big pinches, but everyone is different on saltiness)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of garlic salt seasoning (Lawrys or Spice Hunter is great)
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 piece buttered toast of choice
- 2 strips bacon, cooked and crisped (I get the precooked bacon at Costco and hit it in the microwave for 60 seconds, it’s great!)
- 1/4 cup salsa of choice
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, potatoes, salt, pepper and parsley.
- Cook and stir frequently for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through and slightly golden on edges.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Saute red bell pepper and onion for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic salt in a medium bowl. Pour into hot skillet. Cook and stir with rubber spatula until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese, remove from heat.
- Serve with toast, crisped bacon and a side of salsa.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 21g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 270mg | Sodium: 660mg | Potassium: 1298mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 988IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 208mg | Iron: 4mg
Keywords: breakfast potatoes and eggs, breakfast scramble, scrambled eggs with cheese