Oct
2007

Chocolate Drizzled Macaroons

Tags:

Cookies

I feel like I’m the only one who LOVES Macaroon cookies around here. I did however hear a mmmm from my youngest after a big bite. These are so soft and chewy. I always add a drizzle of chocolate over the top for fun. Enjoy my fellow coconut fans!

(recipe from Paula Deen)
3 Cups shredded sweetened coconut
1 tsp almond extract or vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
2/3 Cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 egg whites beaten stiff
1/2 Cup chocolate chips melted for drizzling

1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix coconut, almond extract, salt, milk and cream of tarter in a large bowl until combined. Fold in egg whites. With a large cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until edges and tops of cookies are golden brown. Let cool completely. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. I put the chocolate in a ziplock, snip the edge and drizzle it.

12-15 large cookies

Comments

Kim A says:

Love the pictures of these….they look de-lish!

Thanks Kimmy!
    Love these. I’ll save you one.

Shannon says:

Hey can I be invited to your other blog, I really would like to stalk you!!! HA-HA!!! Shannon

Hi Shannon,
    No problem. Just sent you an email with the invite. You know you have to send me yours now!

Anna says:

Nice picture!

It’s hard to go wrong with Paula Deen, y’all.

Thanks Anna,
    Isn’t that the truth with Paula’s recipes. They all taste good!

Kusf says:

Loose the coconut shavings.:) Real coconut is the only way to go as discovered from my Yap experience.

For those of you who care, kusf is aka my husband.

Good one kusf. There are plenty of people who like shaved coconut, especially in cookies.

He even had coconut in a cookie tonight at Paradise Bakery!

There are various posts out there near this, I do believe taking there reference could experience made this spot or article really informative. That’s not me expression this information is poor quality. Simply I need to pronounce the fact that info provided here was unique, merely rebuild more near complete, supporting to former information will receive been actually good. The points you have touched listed below are really important, thus I’ll spot many of the information here to make this actually best for entirely the newbie’s here. Thank you this info. Actually helpful!

Scot says:

Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. This
    is a really neatly written article. I will make
    sure to bookmark it and come back to read extra of your useful information.

Thanks for tthe post. I will definotely comeback.

Madonna says:

Woow that was odd. I just wrote an very longg comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear.
    Grrrr… well I’m not writing all thhat over again. Anyway, just
    wanted to saay wonderful blog!