I feel like I’m the only one who LOVES Macaroon cookies around here. I did however hear a mmmm from my youngest after a big bite. These are so soft and chewy. I always add a drizzle of chocolate over the top for fun. Enjoy my fellow coconut fans!
Chocolate Drizzled Macaroons
- 3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 tsp almond extract or vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites beaten stiff
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips melted for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350. Mix coconut, almond extract, salt, milk, and cream of tartar in a large bowl until combined. Fold in egg whites. With a large cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or Silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 13-16 minutes or until the edges and tops of cookies are golden brown. Let cool completely. Drizzle melted chocolate over cookies. I put the chocolate in a ziplock, snip the edge and drizzle it.