Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Oct
2007

Hearty Healthy Chicken Soup

Tags:

Dinner

Another batch of Yummy soup. This is a real comfort style soup. Lots of great veggis and chicken. The whole family really likes this one. So good, with some fresh soft rolls. My friend Stacy has a good roll recipe we’ll be cooking up later this week. Enjoy!

Hearty Chicken Soup

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 carrots, peeled and diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
½ Cup red bell pepper, finely diced
½ Cup white onion, finely diced
2 Tablespoons jalapeno, minced (seeded and membranes removed)
3 cloves garlic, minced

2 14 oz cans chicken broth
3 Tablespoons tomato paste
1 can northern beans, undrained (white beans)
1 can drained corn kernels
2 Cups thinly sliced fresh spinach leaves, stems removed
2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped or shredded
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 Tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix

1. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion and jalapeno for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.

2. Stir in remaining ingredients, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with fresh rolls. Enjoy!

Comments

Claire says:

Mmmmmm…soup is one of my favorites and this looks GREAT!

Thanks Claire. I got the thumbs up from all of my family members on this one!

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Hmm..that soup and my mama’s rolls?? I can’t think of a better combo! I will be making this soon!

Double the recipe Lisa. My family devoured it withing 1 day. Can’t wait to bake the yummy rolls I hear so much about!!

Kristin Pattison says:

Sterms,
    I am anxious to try this tonight. Will it work out if I omit the corn? Alaina is allergic?

Thanks,
    Sterms

Hi Stermy,
    It will be fine without the corn, maybe add another vegetable that works with your family. Anything would do. Hope you enjoy. Cullen is begging me to make it again this week! Talk to you soon.

Kristin Pattison says:

Sterms,
    The soup tonight was a hit!
    I love this blog and your pictures are really looking great and so professional!

Michelle says:

Thank you for a lovely blog.So nicely written!!!I’ve just added you to my sidebar.Hope that you have a lovely week..

Karli Adele says:

I’ve never thought myself a soup girl, but I can’t get enough of this soup! My husband took all the leftovers for his lunch today… I’m wishing I had some to eat on this cold overcast rainy day! Mmmm! I loved the kick that the jalepeno gave. Great recipe!

Anonymous says:

This was a yummy soup- my husband asked me to add it to the good recipe file- thanks for posting so many wonderful recipes. For the first time, in a long time, I feel like cooking!

Paula says:

i love Chicken Soup it is so yummy.

acnecare8 says:

i love to eat Chicken Soup, my mom used always serve that dish with me specially when i am sick during my childhood days.

Chicken soup is one of my favorite dishes when i was a kid and until now. It is tasty and very yummy.

wagmomof5 says:

Almost a year since you posted this recipe and my children are begging me to make it!! We LOVE it!!

Kent says:

Chicken Soup is one of my favorite dishes of all time. it is very tasty and the ingredients are very available. sometimes i put a dash of chili over my chicken soup because i like it spicy hot.

Hey, nice post! I will keep surfing your blog ;)

[...] went back to my favorite food blog to find the recipe for my soup: Picky Palate. So far all of the recipes that I have made from her website have been winners in our [...]

Joseph says:

Hello, I am Joseph cellent. At all times handle it up!

[...] hearty, healthy, comfort style soup with lots of veggies and chicken. The original recipe came from Picky Palate, but she used a ranch seasoning packet that contains milk, so I came up with my own ranch-style [...]