Weeknight Chicken Tortellini Soup
Sharing my Weeknight Chicken Tortellini Soup with you today! This simple dinner idea is packed with warm goodness that is great for the whole family!
My tortellini soup is about to make your dinner routine so much easier this season. Simple dinner ideas are my favorite kind of recipes to put together, especially weeknight soup! This simple soup is a must for your dinner menu! Enjoy!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks of what’s coming to the blog!
How To Make Tortellini Soup
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this weeknight soup recipe. To save time in the kitchen, use a rotisserie chicken and look for pre-chopped vegetables in your grocery store’s produce section.
Start the recipe by heating oil in a large cast iron pot and saute the onions.
Add the garlic, carrots and celery. Stir to combine and cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the chicken and bacon.
Pour in the chicken broth.
Sir in the grated Parmesan Cheese.
Tortellini up next!
Add heavy cream at the end, stir and simmer.
I like to add a few pinches of fresh chopped parsley before serving for freshness.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped peeled carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped white onion
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1 pound cooked bacon strips cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 32 ounces reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound 3 cheese tortellini I use the fresh style found near the cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in large 5 quart cast iron skillet over medium heat. When hot, add carrots, celery, onion and garlic, stirring and cooking for 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and bacon. Add chicken broth and let warm for 5 minutes. Stir in tortellini and cook for 10 minutes, until al dente. Add cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stirring to combine. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes. Before serving garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
Pin Weeknight Chicken Tortellini Soup
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.