Another batch of yummy soup. This time, this easy chicken soup recipe is a real comfort-style soup with lots of healthy veggies, plus jalapeños for a bit of spicy kick. The whole family really likes this one. This chicken soup with vegetables is perfect to serve with some fresh soft rolls; my friend Stacy has a good roll recipe we’ll be cooking up later this week. Enjoy!
Homemade Chicken Soup with Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 2 stalks of celery diced
- ½ red bell pepper finely diced
- ½ cup white onion finely diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno minced (seeded and membranes removed)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 28 oz chicken broth (2 x 14 oz. cans)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can northern beans undrained (white beans)
- 1 can corn kernels drained
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves thinly sliced with stems removed
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped or shredded
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Saute carrots, celery, bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno for 5-8 minutes stirring frequently. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with fresh rolls. Enjoy!