Nov
2007

Toffee Crunch Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

I’ve been wanting to try these cookies for the past few weeks and got a chance this morning. I found the recipe while browsing through Food Nework’s website. It must have been from a challeng show because the lady who created this recipe (Jeannie Eddy) won 1st place in 2006. They are definately worthy of 1st place. Toffee bits, almonds, coconut, oatmeal…..Yum. I’m glad I found this one, it’s a keeper! Enjoy!

Tofee Crunch Cookies

1 cup real butter, softened
1 Cup brown sugar, light
1 Cup white granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 Cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 10 oz bag toffee candy bits (I used the Heath brand that was chocolate covered)
1 Cup chocolate chips (not in her recipe, but I added them)
1 Cup oatmeal
1 Cup sweetened flake coconut
1 Cup chopped almonds

1. Preheat oven to 350. Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat the eggs slightly then add to butter mixture and mix well. Sift flour, salt and baking soda; then add slowly to the moist ingredients and mix well. Mix in toffee bits, chocolate chips, oatmeal, coconut and nuts until just combined.

2. Drop dough by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are just golden brown

Comments

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun says:

I don’t know how you do it Jenny! You are the cooking/baking machine! And everything always looks so good! I really wish I lived closer to you so I could just stop by and taste all your hard work!

I don’t know what is is about this time of the year, I always feel like baking something!

Becky says:

Cami DeWitt told me about you cooking blog. After looking at all your pictures and recipes, I am soooo hungry. Thanks for sharing your recipes, some of neee all the help we can get!

Welcome Becky!
    Glad to have you. Hope you’ll find some recipes your family will like.

Crockpot Lady says:

these look amazing!
    -steph

[...] Toffee-Chocolate Chip Cookies from Recipe Girl Heath Oatmeal Toffee Cookies from Food Librarian Toffee Crunch Cookies from Picky Palate Posted In COOKIES 85 Comments / Leave a Comment »   [...]

Kelly says:

Jenny, I just made these but put cinnamon chips in place of the chocolate chips. They are seriously good! And the dough is to die for…so crunchy and delicious. Thanks for all of your great recipes. I’m making holiday cookie tins for a party tonight – so there are these as well as your bakery-style cookies & cream, and the soft gingersnaps. They all turned out great!

Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to know so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e-book in it or something. I think that you simply could do with some p.c. to power the message house a little bit, but other than that, this is wonderful blog. An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.