Nov
2007

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Gorgonzola Crumbles

Tags:

Dinner

Those darn breaded chicken strips from the deli at the grocery store looked too good to pass up today, so I gave in and bought them. Just another reason you shouldn’t grocery shop while your hungry.
The first thing that came to my mind was to make a buffalo chicken sandwich for lunch and I was so incredibly happy eating it! So bad, but sooo good! If you ever give in to buying chicken strips, or have extra chicken around, this sammy is a must. Enjoy!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Gorgonzola Crumbles

1 soft sandwich roll of choice
Mayonnaise for roll
Finely shredded lettuce
2 large pre-cooked chicken strips, warm (I used ones from grocery stores’ deli)
¼ Cup Buffalo Wing Sauce (I use Frank’s)
1 Tablespoon butter
¼ Cup Gorgonzola Cheese crumbled

1. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of roll. Layer bottom roll with lettuce then chicken strips that have been thinly sliced, about ½ inch.
2. Place wing sauce and butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until butter is melted. Stir to combine and pour over chicken.
3. Top with crumbled gorgonzola cheese and close with top roll. Enjoy!

Comments

Emiline says:

Ohhh, I love Gorgonzola, and spicy things. These sound so good, and I think they’re worth the extra calories.

kellypea says:

This sounds really delicious. Gorgonzola is a favorite around my house in just about anything.

The Recipe Market says:

Hi Jenny!

I saw your comment on the Recipe Market, thanks for doing that! It’s fun to meet new people. I am glad you like to check the RM, I love it, obviously.

I have to say BRAVO for all your dedication to food and the creation of all things YUMMY. I LOVE your site, I check it often. I heard about it from one of my friends via email. You are much more of a foodie than I, so I am anxious to learn from you!

Glad to meet you!
    ~Kristen

Jill says:

Hi Jenny
    I’ve been reading your blog faithfully since you started…in fact I have a link on mine to yours. Everything always looks so good and I’ve even made some things. I have a question…could I use barbeque sauce instead of wing sauce on these sandwiches? Thanks for all the yummy recipes-yours is my favorite foodie blog!

Hi Emiline,
    I totally agree, these are sooo worth the extra calories, in fact I’m about to enjoy another tonight!

Kellypea,
    I love gorgonzola too. I want to make a gorgonzola cream sauce for pasta this week.

Kristen,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am learning everyday about new “foodie” things. That’s one of the best things about this hobby, is there is always something new to learn and experiment with. I look forward to talking food with you!

Jill,
    Thanks for posting, you are so sweet. I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the recipes. BBQ sauce would work great as a substitute on these sandwiches. You could add a little honey and chipotle to the BBQ sauce to jazz it up a bit, that would be great! Let me know how it turns out!

Jill says:

I’m back…I made these for dinner tonight and everyone loved them…my 4 year old told me I make yummy dinners :D. And the barbeque sauce with the jazzy ingredients added turned out great! My 9 year old asked if we could have them often! Thanks!

Hi Jill,
    Thanks so much for sharing that. Glad your kids enjoyed the sandwich! I think I’ll try BBQ sauce next time I make them!

The Harris Family Daily Chat says:

Hey Jen.. I saw another fun recipe blog on my friend Lisa’s. It’s called hotgarlic.blogspot.com
    Just thought you might want to see it. It’s no picky palate..but I saw a few things that look fun.

Thanks Lisa,
    I love new food blogs!

Kim A says:

I’ll take the # 1 combo with a diet coke!

kusf says:

Kim,
    You’ll take the #1, #2 and #3 combo

[...] from Cassie Craves Jalepeno Popper Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese from Lauren’s Latest Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Gorgonzola Crumbles from Picky Palate Buffalo Chicken Bites from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen Buffalo Chicken Soup from [...]