If sweet and savory is your thing, be sure to try my Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups!
Teaming up with Pillsbury is always a treat, because there are so many fun things you can whip up with their crescent rolls. I remember the first time we tried the Monte Cristo Sandwich at Disneyland and I about died it was so good. I wanted to create those same great flavors with my crescent rolls that were simple and completely irresistible.
You definitely get the sweetness from the jam but the savory bites of provolone and turkey in every bite. All of those flavors wrapped up in buttery crescent rolls makes for a decadent little roll. Yah, they’re kind of amazing. You gotta give this one a try!
First things first, pinch together 2 crescents to form a rectangle as shown here. Spread lightly with your jam.
Perfect, now you are ready for your next layer.
Top with a couple slices of provolone cheese. Brie would also work lovely here.
Top with a couple slices of turkey breast, enough to cover the cheese.
Time to roll em up.
These babies are ready for the oven. They will spread a bit and the jam/cheese oozes out slightly. No worries. Once they are out of the oven, carefully take a plastic knife and push back around rolls. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into slices. I like to dust them with powdered sugar too 🙂
Monte Cristo Crescent Roll Ups
Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 25 min | Total time: 35 min
- 1 roll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 8 count
- 1/4 cup raspberry or blackberry jam
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 8 slices turkey breast (I used lunch meat slices)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner.
- Unroll Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and pinch 2 crescents together forming a rectangle. Seal edges. Spread a thin layer of jam over each rectangle. Layer each with 2 slices of Provolone cheese and 2 slices of turkey breast. Roll each rectangle up placing seam side down on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden. Rolls will spread and jam/cheese will ooze out slightly. Once out of the oven, take a plastic knife and bring cheese and jam back around rolls. Let cool for 10-15 minutes then cut each roll into 3 slices. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve warm.
Makes 12 Servings
This is a sponsored post for Pillsbury however thoughts and opinions are my own.
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.