Dec
2007

Homemade Crunchy Almond Crusted Chicken Strips

Tags:

Dinner

I had to post this recipe before the new year, before we all promise to start eating healthier. Since we’ve got a few more weeks, you’ve got to try these homemade chicken strips. They are delicious with a capital D!

I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner a few weeks ago and just started taking things out of the pantry and this is what I ended up making. We had them for one of our family night dinners we do every Monday and everyone loved them.

Break out the oil and get frying!! Dip the strips in some honey mustard or ranch dressing, mmmm!

Crunchy Almond Crusted Chicken Strips (my own recipe)

4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ Cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2 eggs, beaten
¾ Cup Panko (Japanese Bread Crumbs)
½ Cup finely chopped almonds (chopped in food processor or blender)
4-5 Cups Vegetable oil

1. Cut chicken breasts into ½ inch strips then cut each strip in half. Set aside

2. Place flour, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning in a shallow bowl. Place eggs in another bowl, then the panko and almonds in a 3rd bowl.

3. Dip each chicken strip first into the flour mixture, then the egg, then the almond mixture. Set all coated chicken strips on a baking sheet.

4. Heat about 4-5 Cups of vegetable oil in a medium dutch oven or pot over medium heat, until 350 degrees F. When hot, fry strips in batches for 3-4 minutes, flipping around often, until golden brown. Transfer cooked strips to a paper towel lined baking sheet and season with salt. Serve with favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
4 servings

Comments

Emiline says:

Mmm, I’ve been hungry for something fried. Fried almond crusted chicken strips sounds delicious. And hey, if you fry at the right temperature, it’s not that bad for you. (Or so I hear) (I tell myself this)

Isn’t that funny, I’ve been hearing the same exact thing, maybe it is true! Long live fried food!! Ok, in moderation.

Jules says:

yum. I was just looking at Cook’s Illustrated and their first two recipes under chicken–almond crusted! I love that you use Panko crumbs and Cajun seasoning. Great flavors and textures. Can’t wait to try them!

I use Panko for everything I bread, I love the texture of it. I’m about ready to make these again!

Kristen says:

Oh yum!! That looks like something my kids would love.

My little boy saw this picture last night and he said, “I want that chicken right now, please mom!” I was laughing.

Proud Italian Cook says:

This looks good Jenny! . Maybe my picky Granddaughter would even like this minus the cajun, but for me, I love the cajun addition, sounds good.

Hope she likes them! My little guy still reminds me he wants these for dinner again soon!

Casey says:

sounds delicious! just wondering?…can you taste the almonds in it?

Karen S says:

I fixed the crunchy almond chicken strips tonight and my husband and I loved them. this receipe is a keeper.

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The total look of your site is fantastic, let alone the content!

[...] Crunchy Almond Crusted Chicken Strips from Picky Palate [...]

Alese says:

Thank you for sharing your recipe.
    It was so tasty and easy to make.