Dec
2007

“A Popcorn Ball That Would Smell So Sweet…”

Tags:

Desserts

I never get tired of watching my kids sing “Popcorn Popping.” My youngest has just learned all of the movements from his nursery class and dances all around while trying to sing the words!

I got out my camera tonight and took a picture of these yummy popcorn balls that were dropped off tonight. (Thanks Sherri!)

I thought it would be fun to share a tasty popcorn ball recipe just in time for those holiday plates. My boys and I shared at least 3 of these tonight and what a treat they were! The recipe I am sharing is by Shannon Felix, from our church cookbook we put together a few years ago. Easy Easy Easy!

Caramel Popcorn

3/4 Cup brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
10 large marshmallows
1-2 bags unbuttered popped popcorn

1. Heat brown sugar, butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium-low heat until melte. Pour over popcorn, form into balls then let cool.

Comments

Emiline says:

I’ve never made popcorn balls before! I have everything to make them, so maybe I’ll give them a try, soon.
    That’s cute that your kids sing that song. My sister has a 2 month old, and I can’t wait till he gets older and starts doing cute stuff like that.

Well now you’ve got to make them if you’ve got all the ingredients. They are soooo good!

Kristen says:

My kids would get a kick out of making these with me. Thanks for sharing a great recipe!

Hope they love them Kristen!

Deborah says:

I have never had marshmallows in popcorn balls before – this recipe sounds wonderful!

Yes, this is a good one!

kameron says:

I’ve been a lurker on your site for a while now, and though I’ve drooled over each and every one of your recipes this is the first one I’ve tried. Love it!! So easy and so very yummy. I used Kettle Corn, since that was what I had, and it was pretty dang good. In fact, I took a few over to our neighbors and they immediately opened them up and gobbled them down. I told the wife where I got the recipe, so she wrote down your site, and then I told her your name and they got all excited because they’ve seen you on different cooking shows. Thought it was funny.

Kameron,
    Thanks for sharing that story! Glad you and your neighbors enjoyed the popcorn balls. Those are so tasty! I think I’ll try them with Kettle Corn next time. Sounds great.

Kirstynn Evans says:

I was just introduced to your blog! I had a hunch you were LDS, but this confirmed it! Thank you so much for all your great ideas. Your BLOG is awesome. I am officially a “Blog stalker”. I love the pictures.

bernice says:

I love this website. Will visit often.

Melissa says:

These are SO good! I have already made them at least 5 times this month… and my whole family cannot stay out of the bag until they are gone!

We have a family reunion in the Black Hills in August and you can bet your buns I will be making these as a yummy treat/snack!

Ashleen says:

It wasn’t very so, but it seemed to me
    Popcorn popping on the apricot tree
    Hello fellow church member! I absolutely love this
    Recipe. I just started my own blog and would love
    to get a few pointers if you have the time!I’m a new mom and found
    a love for blogging!

Walkamongthewild.blogspot.com

Kim says:

I knew I could rely on you for a quick, easy and yummy treat to make. Thank you :)

kayla says:

Ahh JENNY!! I always wondered if you were LDS, so this makes me happy! I love how there are SO many LDS bloggers!

Aimee J says:

Going to try this – fascinated with the idea of using marshmallows, yum!! Question, should I add a little sugar before hand if I use air popped popcorn? Thanks Jenni! Just found you via a pin from a pin from a pin (gotta love pinterest!!)

Lisa G says:

Great recipe! So easy. Thanks! :)

Holly says:

I think it is so interesting that the last person who commented on your post was a whole year ago. I also think it interesting that you posted this in 2007. Now, thanks to Pinterest, old posts are becoming new again! Thank you for posting this recipe so long ago. It was the perfect recipe I was looking for. We (my 6 year old daughter and I) made them and are delivering to our Visiting Teachees tonight. A special thanks for inspiring us to sing, too (your title of your post)!