Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Jun
2008

Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes

Tags: , ,

Breakfast and Brunch

Just got done watching the long awaited Top Chef finale and they definitely picked the right person. Since I already ruined it for someone, I deleted my commentary about the winner. It was a great show though!

Now for some pancakes. The kids go nuts for these pancakes, so since many of our Dad’s are still big kids themselves, I thought I’d share these tempting pancakes before Father’s Day. The marshmallows are fabulous as they melt into the pancakes with the chocolate chips. These are certainly not your everyday type of pancakes, they are a real “treat” and should only be served on “special occasions!” Just a slight sugar HIGH!

Hope everyone enjoys this weekend with all of the Father’s in their lives! I’ll be back soon with a killer recipe using some of the leftovers from my Father’s Day Dinner!

Here’s a more realistic shot, the marshmallows and chocolate chips are certainly optional on top, they just seem to make my pictures more fun!

Mmmmm!

Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes

4 Tablespoons melted butter
½ Cup half and half
½ Cup milk
2 eggs
1 ¼ Cups whole wheat flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 Cup mini marshmallows

Pure maple syrup
Pads of butter if desired
Handful of mini marshmallows to sprinkle on top
Handful of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top

Makes about 12 medium size pancakes

Comments

Heather says:

Great pictures as always. Great recipe, as always! This is a naughty breakfast but looks divine, everyone is a kid now and then.

www.adorn-jewelry.blogspot.com says:

OOOhhh. yummy! my boys would love these. this morning we had banana pancakes topped with syrup and peanut butter! they were yummy too!
    emily:)

Prudy says:

Looks like a definite kid’s favorite-fun for a holiday breakfast, too.

Deborah says:

I’ll take marshmallows in anything! What a treat!

Catherine Wilkinson says:

ok, Jenny, NOW you’re going after my TEETH!!! Weren’t my arteries enough? Geezzz…these are amazingly BADDDDDD! Can’t wait to make them – Kurt will flip his lid and then go into a diabetic coma!
    Just like I like him!

Ribbon Rock Star says:

YUMMERS!
    I just featured your wonderful blog on mine.

Linda

Thanks Heather,
    Totally naughty breakfst! I like it for dessert!

Hi Emily,
    Your pancakes sound icredible!

Hi Prudy,
    Definately kid approved.

Me too Deborah!

I know Catherine,
    You’d think me being a dental hygienist I’d take it easy on the ol teeth. I just make sure to brush often!!

Hi Linda,
    Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Great to have you here. I’ll be sure to check out yours!

RecipeGirl says:

That’s ok… someone else’s blog ruined the finale for me. I guess that’s what I get for tivoing it to watch later!!

If my son sees this post, he’s going to wish for you to be his mommy! What a decadent breakfast treat :)

Chocolate Chipped says:

Yummmm! That breakfast looks amazing, and yes I think it could definitely qualify as a scrumptious dessert too!

Hi Lori,
    I think that’s why I stayed up so late to watch the finale, because I knew I’d read it somewhere today! You’ll still have to watch the highlights. We don’t make pancakes all that often around here. It seems like I make them only for special occasions! Have a great weekened!

Hi Chocolate Chipped,
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I love seeing what’s cooking in your kitchen, it all looks incredible!

jtdavid1 says:

Seriously, you have to stop. Your peanut butter-reeses-mallow-banana sandwich has become my new favorite thing. I can’t take much more!

Christy and Pete says:

Yikes! I can’t resist your recipes. I am trying to lose my baby weight as I have a 3 month old. We check your blog in the morning to see what is new! I love your recipes! I have tried about 5 of them and they have all turned out extrememly well and they have been really simple to make.
    Well, this morning I see these delicious pancakes and KNOW THAT I MUST TRY THEM! They sound delicious! They may not help the baby weight disappear, but will put a smile on this sleep deprived Mom! Many thanks for your blog!

Steph says:

Wow Jenny! Your kids are so lucky to have you as their Mom! My daughter would be requesting these every single day if I made them! Delicious!

Emiline says:

The picture are so fun! I love them.
    The pancakes sound good. I was thinking pancakes sounded good. Or fried chicken. Chicken and pancakes? Hmmm.

I am so happy with who won, Top Chef. I was getting nervous when (?) did so well, with her dessert and coconut soup.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

It’s like S’mores pancakes, isn’t it? Your house must smell allways so good with the yummy treats you do!

pearlsandchocolate.com says:

This looks like it is right up my kids alley! They would love it for breakfast!

Lore says:

I think it’s hard to stay away from these pancakes once you make them the first time. Yummy!

Jennifer says:

What a great treat! We made these this morning for Father’s Day (we have to celebrate a day early) and the pancakes were a HUGE hit! Everyone gobbled them down and felt very full afterwards. We look forward to enjoying more of your creations. Happy cooking!

HoneyB says:

These pancakes look yummy! I agree about Top Chef winner! I was very happy!

Becky says:

these pancakes look extremely dangerous. but everyone needs to indulge now and then. =)

Patsyk says:

My boys would be all over those pancakes before they were on the table! So delicious!

I agree, the right person won… and I still haven’t watched it! I had to find out because I couldn’t bear it if a certain someone else had won instead.

Tracy says:

I was worried about spoiling Top Chef for someone, especially if someone had a feed … but what can ya do. Some things you have to watch real time. And I thought the best person won! :-)

The pancakes look yummy!

Veronica says:

Oh boy..marshmallows and pancakes…I’m in heaven!

Sharon says:

Talk about a sugar high! I can’t imagine anything that looks better. Your kids probably think you’re the most amazing mom ever!

SteamyKitchen says:

oh ymyumyum!! definitely a fun breakfast!

Melinda says:

I whipped these up for breakfast this morning, after spotting the photo on foodgawker. Wow, absolutely scrummy, but definitely a ‘sometimes food’. I served them with a small scoop of ice-cream because us Aussies aren’t really accustomed to proper maple syrup and the fake stuff we’re used to is really just flavoured sugar. Far too sweet for these lovely pancakes.

Thanks for posting this great blog. Check out my very own!

[...] Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes via Picky Palate 4 Tablespoons melted butter ½ Cup half and half ½ Cup milk 2 eggs 1 ¼ Cups whole wheat flour 2 Tablespoons sugar 3 teaspoons baking powder ½ teaspoon salt ¾ Cup semi sweet chocolate chips 1 Cup mini marshmallows Pure maple syrup Pads of butter if desired Handful of mini marshmallows to sprinkle on top Handful of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top 1. Place melted butter, half and half, milk and eggs into a medium bowl, stir to combine and set aside. Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir to combine. 2. Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Gently stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows. 3. Preheat a griddle or large skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray over medium low heat. In batches, pour about ¼ Cup (or more if you like larger pancakes) batter onto griddle/skillet. Cook both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side. 4. Pour warm pure maple syrup over pancakes and serve with pads of butter, additional marshmallows and chocolate chips if desired. Makes about 12 medium size pancakes [...]

yummmmyyy says:

hii can u tell me what i can use as a subsitute for half and half?????????