Just got done watching the long awaited Top Chef finale and they definitely picked the right person. Since I already ruined it for someone, I deleted my commentary about the winner. It was a great show though!
Now for some pancakes. The kids go nuts for these pancakes, so since many of our Dad’s are still big kids themselves, I thought I’d share these tempting pancakes before Father’s Day. The marshmallows are fabulous as they melt into the pancakes with the chocolate chips. These are certainly not your everyday type of pancakes, they are a real “treat” and should only be served on “special occasions!” Just a slight sugar HIGH!
Hope everyone enjoys this weekend with all of the Father’s in their lives! I’ll be back soon with a killer recipe using some of the leftovers from my Father’s Day Dinner!
Gooey Marshmallow Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 Cup half and half
- 1/2 Cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 Cup whole wheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Cup mini marshmallows
- Pure maple syrup
- Pads of butter if desired
- Handful of mini marshmallows to sprinkle on top
- Handful of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top
- Place melted butter, half and half, milk and eggs into a medium bowl, stir to combine and set aside.
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Preheat a griddle or large skillet that’s been sprayed with cooking spray over medium low heat.
- In batches, pour about ¼ Cup (or more if you like larger pancakes) batter onto griddle/skillet. Cook both sides until golden brown and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Pour warm pure maple syrup over pancakes and serve with pads of butter, additional marshmallows and chocolate chips if desired.