Jul
2008

Meet The Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookie….

Tags:

Cookies

Phew, what a morning. I just got back from doing the Sonoran Living Live show, here in Phx, promoting the 2008 Tillamook Mac and Cheese Contest. I was surprised to get an email from the Tillamook people asking me to help them promote the contest this year. I’m glad I didn’t say anything about it here, because my hair was atrocious today! It didn’t work this morning, so I’m hoping no one saw me! It was however, so nice to have my Mom there with me, thanks for coming you little cutie!
I demonstrated my mac and cheese recipe from 2006, “Tillamook 4 Cheese Chicken Florentine Tortellini.” The segment seemed to go well, but boy am I glad that’s over! It is so akward to see and hear yourself on tv. If you’ve got a great original mac and cheese, seriously enter it in the contest. It was one of my favorite cook-off’s yet!I did get some beautiful cheese from Tillamook which is like gold. They have some of the best cheese around. I can’t wait to make some good mac and cheese with my supply!

So, I was messing around with this new cookie recipe a couple weeks ago and boy did these turn out good! If you are tired of your ususal chocolate chip cookie recipe, do try these. They are fun, different and the kids love them! This is a half recipe, so double accordingly. Grab a glass of milk and get dunkin! Have a great week everyone, see ya’ll soon!

Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies

1 stick softened butter
6 Tablespoons sugar
6 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ Cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
8 Oreo Cookies broken into pieces
1 Cup chocolate chips

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Cream butter, and sugars until well combined.Add egg and vanilla until mixed well.

2.Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl, stir to combine.Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then stir in oreos and chocolate chips until just combined.

3.With a medium cookie scoop, scoop onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.Bake for 7-9 minutes or until cooked, but still soft.Let cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.

Comments

Patsyk says:

How exciting to be on that show! I’ll have to check out the recipe for your dish as mac & cheese is a fav at our house.

Those cookies sound so delicious – gonna have to make them soon as my cookie supply is getting a bit low lately!

Emiline says:

I can’t possibly think of a better cookie…

A mac and cheese contest sounds like my kind of thing. I love macaroni and cheese.

Hatsuho says:

I’ve been visiting your blog recently and have tried a few of your recipes with great success! This one looks tempting too. Thanks for all the great ideas!

Sara says:

Jenny, these look awesome. I’ve got oreos…I think I will give them a try! I would love to dunk them in milk! Congrats on the award for mac n’ cheese from 2006. You are a pro. I am learning so much reading your blog. thanks!

Alison says:

I’ve been tooling around your blog recently and love your ideas! I went to the Sonoran Living website and watched your clip from this morning. You did a great job and the recipe looks fantastic!! I will have to give it a try!!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

When I saw this tittle coming on my reader I though it was a new king of Oreo cookie that had chips in the filling… I’ve seen last week on Bakerella a strawberry milk shake new Oreo, so that would be possible…
    But when I saw these, wow that’s much better that what I had thought! Oh my! I’m so going to make this!
    And the tv thing, cool!

Sherri says:

Yummy!!! I think I will make these to take to fireworks Friday night!!

Kevin says:

Cookies used to make cookies! These cookies sound good!

Sharon says:

These look absolutely amazing!! Congrats on doing the show; I’m sure it was a great experience. I blew a fuse this morning while doing my hair so i just left the house & I’m sure my hair looked worse! :)

Kris says:

Well the diet started this morning and it’s ending today with me going to the store to buy Oreo’s for these…my boys are going to flip out!! They look so yummy!

Jeena says:

I think it is fabulous that you have been on a tv show wow! No wonder when you cook up amazing cookies like this, they look wonderful I love oreos. :-)

Krissy says:

Jenny you’re precious!! Congrats on your show debuting your fantastic mac & cheese recipe!! I wish you could hear my kids ooohing and aweing over my shoulder looking at these cookies. I have 7 kids and I doubt the dough will make it to the pan, But I’ll give it a try. Thanks!!
    Krissy

Lynne says:

WoW! I have to make these for the hubby. He LOVES all things Oreos! I’ve never thought of smashing up a cookie to make a cookie. :)

Lisa says:

Now I’m sure mu chocolate cookie loving son would like these!

Julie says:

My 2 favorite things are chocolate chip cookies and oreos. I can’t wait to try these out!

Libby says:

MMMMMMMMMM-those look so tasty. K-I just went on the Sonoran Living website and watched your cute tv appearance. And my spritz sister’s hair NEVER looks bad. You looked so cute. The mac n’ cheese looks yummy. I’ll have to try it out.

Kim A says:

Can’t wait to try the new revised recipe! Thanks again for the “baggie” of Mac N’ Cheese…it was INCREDIBLE!!!

Beth says:

Ive got to try these – they look delicious!

Deborah says:

Oh, wow – those look amazing. I haven’t even been wanting sweets lately, but I’d take 2 or 3 of those!

kkicks says:

I’m so making these with the oreos from trader joes! Thanks for the inspiration!

megan allen says:

Holy Cow! This is a match made in Heaven!!!!! My two favorite cookies ever, combined into one. I can’t wait to try! I think I have tried to make everything that you have posted on your blog. I absolutely love it!! I have never commented before but this post definately made me speak up! :)

The Family Bakery says:

These cookies look absolutely fabulous! I love your blog!!

Leigh Anne says:

The cookies look fabulous. Saw your mention of Tillamook Cheese – it is the BEST. In fact we are down on the Oregon coast at our beach house for the week and had lunch at the Tillamook Cheese Factory today – lots of free cheese samples – yum! It is the only kind of cheese my kids will eat and fortunately we live in Oregon. They also make fabulous ice cream which we enjoyed today also.

Thanks for your great recipes!

Camilla says:

These sound heavenly, Jenny.

I can COMPLETELY understand why Tillamook wanted you to appear for them Jenny–they recognize GOLD, woman!

Have a happy 4th, Jenny!

Leslie says:

OMG..these look dangerous!!!!!

Mrs. U says:

OH BOY do these look DELICIOUS!!! And you know what? I JUST finished baking some chocolate chip cookies!! I would have LOVED to have tried this instead of regular old chocolate chip cookies. Mmmm.. I’ll definitely be trying these soon!

His,
    Mrs. U

Kris says:

Just thinking…did you use just the Oreo cookie outside, not breaking up the whole cookie? I broke up the whole cookie, filling and all. Maybe that made it too greasy?

Hi Kris,
    I’m not sure why yours would have turned out flat, if you want to make them again, try freezing the dough for 30 minutes or so, to see if that works. I’m going to make them again this week and I’ll get back with you.

Julie says:

I just finished baking these and my kids loved them. I actually doubled the recipe (have company coming over for dinner) and used butter flavor crisco instead. They turned out great. Thanks for sharing.

mona says:

HI Jen!
    Just peeking at the new goods. Yummmy! I’m so glad I went with you to Sonoran Living, you did an awesome job. I don’t know how you manage to stay so calm in front of the cameras. Love you little honey…Mona

Nicky says:

Well those cookies were the final straw! First you tempted me with the Cookies & Cream brownies…then the Roasted banana brownies….then the Banana peanut Butter cup cookies and now these Choc chip oreo cookies. They are DIVINE!!! What diet???? Love your work, thanks for the inspiration and the extra pounds!!!!

The Swinson Family says:

I made these yesterday (I doubled it for my large family). I took them over to my parent’s for Sunday dessert and they we’re gone before dinner. These are amazing! They’re soft and the perfect amount of chocolate. So easy to make too. Thanks for this recipe…we will definitely be making more in the future.

Mrsblocko says:

I made these today and I am going to hide these from the rest of the family! I prepared the dough a day ahead. I didn’t have a cookie scoop so i guessed at the size and flattened them a little. Mine ended up spreading a bit. Next time I will leave them unsmooshed. I also used the oreo mini’s since I had them on had. I guessed that 5 mini’s would equal 1 large one. I don’t think the mini’s have as much of the filling, but the end result still turned out delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe.

PheMom says:

Very cool about the show – I’m sure you actually looked adorable! These cookies look and sound fantastic! Combines my two favorite cookies – what’s not to love!

Feed the Moose says:

I made these for a Fourth of July party and they were a hit! I am going to blog about them on my website (www.feedthemoose.blogspot.com) tomorrow!

Nashvillians Now says:

I have been checking out your blog for awhile now and love it! Thanks for all your wonderful recipes and pictures. I made these cookies today and they were a huge hit with everyone! Thanks for a great recipe I am sure I will be making again and again!

Sara says:

I made the oreo cookies and they are delicious. Next time I am going to make my oreos more chunky. I love the crunch that the oreo cookie gives to this cookie. This is now one of my favorite cookies.

Anna says:

Those look like the ones I make. They are very good!

Maggie says:

My family went crazy for these. They were so good. Thanks again for sharing all of these fabulous recipes.

Maggie says:

My family went crazy for these. They were so good. Thanks again for sharing so many fabulous recipes!!

eatme_delicious says:

Wow hello those cookies are gorgeous!

Becky says:

These are so good! Thank you! I love this blog!!!

Anonymous says:

These cookies are awesome. Its the best of both world. I just made these last night and they taste amazing.

Yummy! I just made these and they were delish! I’ve been wanting to make them ever since you posted the recipe in July. I can’t believe I made it until November to try them. Definitely will be making them again!

snbjork says:

Oh man are these cookies good! I made them tonight with my 3 year old son and 8 year old sister-in-law. They had lots of fun helping, but much more fun eating these! Yum, they are now a family favorite! Thank you, Jenny!

TammyP says:

OH MY GOSH!!! I don’t even want to share them!!! They are DELISH!!! Thank you so much!!

Lynn says:

Oh man, do these look incredible! What a terrific idea, to add Oreos to choc chip cookies ;) I’ll definitely be trying this.

[...] Chocolate Chip Oreo Cookies Source: Picky Palate [...]

Cherine says:

I just baked these cookies and they turned out totally flat :( any idea why?? Could it be that my batter was too runny?

Elissa says:

this cookies r so good i love them alot thanx!