Sep
2008

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Hey everyone. It’s hard to believe tonight is already here. I leave for NY tomorrow morning. I’ve been dying to go to NY for years and I finally get my chance. I’ll be sure to post pictures of some adventures my sister and I get into. There is a huge storm brewing up here, so I’m going to make this snappy before my internet goes out.

Since I’m off to have some fun this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to post something that has fun written all over them. These cookie cups will not disappoint. They are so EASY and done in no time at all. The peanut butter cookie dough consists of a whopping 3 ingredients. Do try them and let the kids help, it’s a breeze of a recipe! Does it get any better than Reeses Peanut Butter Cups tucked inside warm peanut butter cookie dough? I think not!

Have a great weekend everyone, I’ll see you next week for some NY pics! I can hardly wait to get my hands on one of those Levain cookies, woo hoo!

Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies

1 Cup creamy peanut butter

1 Cup sugar

1 egg

12 mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, unwrapped

36 mini marshmallows

1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips

2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream

1/4 Cup mini M&M’s

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place peanut butter, sugar and egg into a large bowl and mix until well combined. Scoop dough evenly into a 12 count mini cheesecake pan or mini muffin pan. Cook for 13-15 minutes until almost done. Remove from oven and press a peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie until flush with cookie top. Top each cookie with 3 mini marshmallows and return to oven for 2-3 more minutes or until marshmallows are puffed. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

2. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until melted smooth. Stir in 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream until silky and smooth. You can return back to microwave for 15 seconds to get a thinner consistency. Spoon chocolate over top of puffed marshmallows and sprinkle with mini M&M’s.

12 cookie cups

Comments

PaniniKathy says:

I have a sneaky feeling these could quickly become addictive! Great party idea too.

Claire says:

These look great! I can’t WAIT to hear about your trip to NY. Mine last month was AWESOME!

Pamela says:

They look so cute and sweet. Have a great time in NY!

Lisa says:

You make the best treats! Have a safe trip!

Barbara Bakes says:

My boys would totally love these! Have a safe trip!

RJHnrksn says:

I love these little cookies. We make them with the store bought dry mix peanut butter cookie dough, and it works out great as well!

Heather says:

Oh YUM! Wonderful as usual Jenny and easy. Have a great time in NY, eat it up and then tell us all about it.

Melanie Anne says:

My little boys would go nuts over these! I will have to make them this weekend! Have a great time in NY–I am jealous!

Heidi says:

YUM! I can’t wait to try these! Although I think I got rid of my mini muffin tin….now I need to go get another one! :)

Emily says:

Jenny this may sound corny but your food always looks sooo uplifting and just beautiful! What a pick me up after non of my pictures turn out to see your amazing shots and recipes! Have fun in NY and happy cookie munching!

Emiline says:

Your cookies look great!

Have a wonderful time in New York! I’ll actually be there at the same time. That’s so funny! What a coincidence.
    Hey, maybe we’ll bump into each other at Levain.

Noor says:

I bet your kids were sure happy when they saw this cute lil things. YUM

Andrea and Casey says:

Your little boys are lucky. You make them the best treats! I bet they would think it’s weird for a mom not to take pictures of everything you make. :) The pictures are always delicious looking.

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Oh Jenny! I don’t know what’s more exiting, going to NY or these babies, lol! They’re a kid’s dream, and mine as well ;)!
    Have a lot of fun in NY, plase report back! Have one Levain for me! Can’t wait to see pictures!

HoneyB says:

Be safe Jenny! You will be so close yet so far still from me!

Do you think if I made these PB treats for seminar the kids would love me forever? lol I just may have to try it and find out!

Leslie says:

Oh my..what a great twist on the classic cookie! You are one smart cookie…and speaking of cookies..ohhh I am so very jealous you get to taste The famous Levain cookies..be sure to take lots of pictures! Dont get tooooo crazy;)

Prudy says:

Safe travels and best of luck.

Patsyk says:

Jenny -have a great trip! We’ve got a bit of rain headed our way, but hopefully it will pass us by and you can enjoy the nice cool weather we’ve been having lately! Can’t wait to read what you did while out this way!

Those peanut butter cup cookies look awesome! May have to do some baking with the boys this weekend and give them a try! I just love your recipes!

Mary Ann says:

Okay, Jenny, these are seriously too cute! These are definitely going to be an after school snack for next week. Have a great trip! Can’t wait to see pics!

Steph says:

Have a blast in NY Jenny, I’m so jealous!!! I haven’t been in years, and it is my all time favorite place. These cookies are adorable and look sooo delish! Have a safe trip!

RecipeGirl says:

Absolutely darling! Bookmarked.

Have a fun trip!

Mary says:

Have a great trip, Jenny. These cookies look delicious!

alexandra's kitchen says:

these really do have fun written all over them! they look so moist. Have a great trip.

Candy says:

Delicious! Good Luck Girlfriend!

carol says:

You girls have a FANTASTIC time in the “Big Apple”….I know you’ll find PLENTY to do and see!
    These are the cutest cookies-and oh those photos are making my mouth water…wait until my daughter sees these(she loves your blog too!)-her boys will love them….the 2 little ones AND the big one she’s married to!!!! :)

Sara says:

These look so fun! I’m excited to try them. Have fun in NY!

Deborah says:

Great cookies!

Have a wonderful time in NY – I’ll be here, jealous of you! It’s my favorite place!

Sara says:

Oh these look fabulous!! Especially for a peanut butter fiend like me. Have fun in NY!

Kelly says:

those are adorable! I’m guessing the mini reeses cups just melt into the cookies, right?

Meg says:

These cookies are adorable! They look sinful!

Live.Love.Eat says:

You’re right, these look super fun. The color and everything!!! Have a safe trip and enjoy!!! Jenny – you MUST eat a knish from a corner vendor in Manhatta if you never had as well as a pretzel and a hot dog with onions. But definitely the knish.

Cami D. says:

Oh my goodness…those look delicious but there is NO way I will make them – because I’d probably eat more than 1! Seriously Jenny girl how to you stay so thin with recipes like these!? Ha ha LOVE EM!

Have TONS of fun in NY..I love it there!!

Pam says:

Amazing! I am bookmarking this recipe – my kids and husband would love these little beauties. Have a wonderful time in NY!

Bob says:

Oh yes. I’m making these tonight. Awesome.

Amy says:

Have a GREAT trip!!

Bridgett says:

I could definitely use one of these about now! I hope you have a fantastic time in NY. You are going to LOVE it.

Dawn says:

Those are just adorable! I would eat way too many of them in one sitting.
    Have a blast in NYC. Yes, go to the Levain Bakery…I loved it there. They are expensive, but you’ll see how easy it is to recreate those infamous CC cookies at home.
    Make sure to go to a Papaya King; there are a bunch of them around NYC. You’ll love it there, ask any New Yorker.

Michael and Dena says:

These look so good. Checkout my blog I gave you an AWARD!

Katrina says:

Total yumminess! Gonna have to try these. I love the cut open one and it’s slightly underdone look.
    Have a super time in NY. I just went for the first time in April and LOVED it–also really liked the Levain cookie. Ya gotta go to Jacques Torres and try his, too. Two totally different kinds of ccc’s but both great!
    I’m going back to NY in Nov. and can’t wait!
    Be safe and have a blast!

eldivenlerim says:

Mmmmmm, your cookies look very yummy;)

~Priscilla~ says:

wow, these look so good. will be making them this week. have a great time in NY, hopefully you have nice fall weather!

Casey says:

these look so yummy! my brother’s birthday is this monday, he loves peanut butter, I think I many make him a batch

have a great trip! Can’t wait to hear about it! These treats look so fun to make.

Kristen says:

I hope you have a GREAT time! Good luck. Can’t wait to hear all about it!

Beth says:

Have a fab time. Lots of pics please! See you soon x x x

Rolyndia says:

I knew I should have looked on your site before going to the store. DANG!!!!! Have a great time in NY. I hope to go there one day also.

Cristine says:

Looks delicious and amazing, as always!

I gave you a blog award… check out my blog if you get a chance!

Katie's blog says:

I love the look of those cookies!!! Have fun in NY – I was there a couple of years ago and plan on going again this next summer! Havce a great time!

CookiePie says:

WOW – those look amazing! Chocolate-PB heaven! Enjoy your trip!

Aggie says:

Those are some good looking cookies! I love peanut butter cups, I would eat the heck out of these! Have a great trip!!