Sep
2008

Giving Oreos a Major Face Lift

Tags: ,

Cookies

Good Tuesday night! Can you believe October is already here?!!

When I was in NY a couple weeks ago, I was able to briefly meet Lauren Chattman, who is a very talented pastry chef/cookbook author that was also taping some videos for Pillsbury. She was recently on the Today Show demonstrating some recipes from her newest cookbook, Dessert Express. This particular cookie caught my eye where she layered marshmallow cream over a cracker, then covered it with chocolate. I of course put my own crazy spin on it and have found a gold mine! This is 100% a must try and is so much fun!

I made these goodies for my cute Dad or “Teedo” as I call him, who had a birthday last week. Let’s just say they didn’t last very long. Enjoy!!

Peanut Butter, Marshmallow, Chocolate Covered Oreos

12 Oreo Cookies

12 teaspoons peanut butter

12 Tablespoons Marshmallow Cream

½ Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

2 Tablespoons heavy cream

1. Place Oreos onto a wax paper covered baking sheet. Spoon peanut butter evenly over Oreos, spreading gently. With cookie scoop, place marshmallow cream over peanut butter layer. Place entire baking sheet of oreos into freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.

2. Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chips are melted. Stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. If not smooth, add a touch more cream until smooth and shiny. Spoon chocolate over cookies, spreading carefully around edges. **If marshmallow cream starts peeking through a few minutes after coating with chocolate, just add additional chocolate over white areas.**

3. Place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes and serve. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.

12 cookies

See Y’all Soon With More Goodies!

Comments

~Holly says:

Yummy!! These look so good! You are so creative. I can always depend on you to have a new fabulous recipe!! :)

Lisa says:

Oh my! I think I just gained a few pounds by looking at them. And now I have drool all over my computer screen :)

Anne says:

Wow, those look wonderful- simple and delicious! I bet they would taste great with Nutella too… so many possibilities! Great job Jenny!

Sharon says:

These look sinfully delicious! Definitely a face lift.

Rebekah says:

These remind me of the fudge covered oreos you can get at Christmas! Yummy!!!!!!! I can’t wait to try them, my mouth is watering!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Oh Jenny! That’s my kind of face lift! I’m sure I would love those! Imagine putting another oreo on top of the cream and making a big fat sandwich!!! That would be way messy to eat, but oh so good!!!

HoneyB says:

YUM!

Lucy says:

Ooooh MY!!! Jenny, these are totally outrageous!!

carol says:

WOW-these are over the top!!!
    A facelift like this I can afford…my hips however….not so much. :(
    Jenny, you must have some WONDERFUL dreams every night to come up with these decadent creations!
    A must-try for sure…peanut butter, marshmallow, oreos and ganache…..heaven……..

RecipeGirl says:

You, my dear, are a genius. You know that, right??! What a fun, decadent treat :)

Mary says:

I’ll bet your boys love these. They look like malomars on steroids! I’ve bookmarked the recipe for my grandsons next visit.

alexandra's kitchen says:

oh wow, those look incredibly over the top. I want to melt, too!

Allie says:

Holy smackers I see why they didn’t last long. That’s way better then the plain chocolate covered oreos!

Mary Ann says:

You never cease to amaze me with your delicious desserts. These would disappear in my house as well! Yum- thanks for a great snack/dessert idea!

Thanks Holly!

Me too Lisa, oh wait I actually ate them, drats!

Thanks Anne, yes Nutella would be fantastic!

Thanks Sharon,

Hi Rebekah,
    I LOVE those chocolate covered ones around the Holidays!

Great thinking Rita, a big fat sandwich is next on my list!

Thanks Shelby

LOL Lucy, totally outrageous!

Hi Carol,
    Who knows, I think of food all day long!

No Lorie, you are the genius my dear!

Hi Mary,
    Hope your little grandsons enjoy!

Thanks Alexandra!

Hi Allie,
    They lasted about 5 minutes. I’m due to make another batch.

Thanks Mary Ann,
    Have a great day!

~Priscilla~ says:

Jenny these look super! I will be getting the stuff I need for them today! I know my brothers with love ‘em!

Laura P. says:

these look amazing! yum!

Brooke says:

You’re a genius….

Meghan says:

For the love of God, my tushie just got extremely wider.

I will be making these for sure!
    My boys will go crazy!!!! As will I.
    The husband, not much of a sweets eater…we don’t know where he came from. LOL

Amber says:

How do you eat something so evil and still look so gorgeous?

Thanks Priscilla,
    Your brother’s will love you forever!

Thanks Laura and Brooke

Hi Meghan,
    Your husband is a lucky man to not have a sweet tooth. I can’t get rid of mine no matter how bad I try!

Amber,
    Thank you for the compliment first of all. I give most of my goodies away, but you better believe that I will have a couple, life is too short!

Pam says:

My entire family would be forever grateful if I made them these. Delicious!

I love doing chocolate dipped oreos but boy did you kick it up a notch! I love the looks of this treat! you are a genius!

lynne says:

My hubby loves all things oreo. I’ll have to make these for him soon! Maybe the kids will leave him a few. Thanks!

Sara says:

These look insane! I always eat peanut butter on my Oreos…but marshallow and chocolate ganache too?! Oh my! No doubt, I’ll be making these. :)

Stephanie says:

Those look ridiculously delicious, and so easy! You’re so creative – you come up with the funnest ideas!

Thanks Pam!

Me too Maria,
    Love the chocolate dipped ones. How can one go wrong with peanut butter and marshmallow cream added?!

Hi Lynne,
    That’s the trick, keeping the kids out of these!

Hope you enjoy Sarah!

Thanks Stephanie!

Anonymous,
    Did you really think I’d keep your comment here? Yes, it may be a crap recipe, but it’s good crap!

Live.Love.Eat says:

Wow, I think I got a cavity just looking at those. ha ha. Wow, nice spin you put on those!!!!

Deborah says:

Peanut butter sounds like a great addition, but I’m thinking caramel would be delicious, too! Great cookies, and happy belated birthday to your dad!

elisha and brett says:

OH my gosh! Those look sinfully amazing! I {heart} anything with chocolate and peanutbutter! Thanks!

Leslie says:

Those wouldnt last long in my house!!!

Jamie @ Baldwin Bungalow says:

How do you not weigh 500lbs? Everything you make always looks so delicious. Thanks for sharing all of your recipes. I don’t usually keep heavy cream in the house because of the temptation to use it, but I think I’ll have to start. I LOVE to bake :)

Dawn says:

Oh dear! You know this is right up my chocoholics dream creations.
    I will have to try this for sure. This is the kind of face lift that is safe. lol

Anonymous says:

I came across your site by a million and one of my blogging pals. You are on EVERYONES “favorite site”
    I have made a few of your recipes and they are all awesome. I love that you are SO into food photography. I have a hard time wanting to make a recipe if I do not see what it looks like.
    Keep it up.
    Lisa

Thanks Stephanie,
    I couldn’t resist the oreo!

Yum Deborah, now I want to make them again with caramel!

Me too Elisha! I love peanut butter and chocolate like no other!

Mine either Leslie!

Hi Jamie,
    I should weigh 500lbs with as much as I bake and cook. I really try to give as much away as I can. I always save a little for me though!

Hi Dawn,
    Yes, a very safe but fattening face lift!

Wow anonymous,
    This was a much better comment than the last anonymous commenter left. Thank you for making my day.

I too have to have pictures to look at before I’ll make a recipe. Hope you’ll find more good things to make!

Emily says:

Holy cow Jenny! You make the most amazing creations from such simply reipes and ingredients! Briliant!

Prudy says:

Holy smokes! Those look like pure decadent fun. Wouldn’t that be fun to do with the Halloween oreos? If I ever get trapped on a dessert island, I’m taking you and some marshmallows. pb, and oreos. We’d eat well for weeks with all your brilliant creations!:)

Patsyk says:

Gonna have to make these… they look incredible!

Kim and George says:

Not being able to do pilates right now to counter your delicious treats is really adding on the pounds!! So do you have anything in your recipe files on meals to induce active labor??

Tara says:

Oh my gosh…seriously…this is just wrong! I wish I had a plate of those right now!!

Bunny says:

Jenny that’s OUTRAGOUS! My kids are gona love these!! Thanks for the recipe!!

Candy says:

ARE you kidding me? These are against the law!

That Girl says:

Facelift is right! I don’t think you can even call this an oreo any more. More like some insanely decadent dessert!

Emiline says:

I don’t know how you keep up with all your comments!
    I’m struggling over at my blog. It’s making me very, very tired.

But I like coming over here! It’s like a party. With Oreos. They look great.
    How cool to meet her!

Marisa says:

Those look AWESOME!!! You have so many great recipes on here and I have already bookmarked a bunch to try. I also love your photography of your food.

Bob says:

You, little miss, are a maniac. Those look awesome.

Sara says:

These look incredible. I love the twist you put on them.

Amy says:

I’ve got to get some oreos!! These look FANTASTIC!!

CENA - My.M.Spot says:

OMG are you kidding me? that just looks like the best food ever! i HAVE to try that one for sure! my mouth is watering….

www.adorn-jewelry.blogspot.com says:

are you trying to kill us all off? holy cow! these sound SOOOO delicious i can hardly stand it. but i am sworn off desserts for at least a month. these will be at the top of my list to try in the future!