Good Tuesday night! Can you believe October is already here?!!
When I was in NY a couple weeks ago, I was able to briefly meet Lauren Chattman, who is a very talented pastry chef/cookbook author that was also taping some videos for Pillsbury. She was recently on the Today Show demonstrating some recipes from her newest cookbook, Dessert Express. This particular cookie caught my eye where she layered marshmallow cream over a cracker, then covered it with chocolate. I of course put my own crazy spin on it and have found a gold mine! This is 100% a must try and is so much fun!
I made these goodies for my cute Dad or “Teedo” as I call him, who had a birthday last week. Let’s just say they didn’t last very long. Enjoy!!
Peanut Butter, Marshmallow, Chocolate Covered Oreos
- 12 Oreo cookies
- 12 teaspoons peanut butter
- 12 tablespoons marshmallow cream
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Place Oreos onto a wax paper covered baking sheet. Spoon peanut butter evenly over Oreos, spreading gently. With cookie scoop, place marshmallow cream over peanut butter layer. Place entire baking sheet of oreos into freezer for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Place chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat in 30 second intervals until chips are melted. Stir in heavy cream until shiny and smooth. If not smooth, add a touch more cream until smooth and shiny. Spoon chocolate over cookies, spreading carefully around edges. **If marshmallow cream starts peeking through a few minutes after coating with chocolate, just add additional chocolate over white areas.**
- Place in refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes and serve. Keep any leftovers in refrigerator.
See Y’all Soon With More Goodies!