Dec
2008

Loving on Hot Chocolate…

Tags:

Good Sunday Morning Everyone! Only 4 more days until Christmas! Ready?

I don’t know about all of you, but in the winter we drink hot chocolate almost every single day. There is just nothing better to warm you right up. I surfed through the internet and found some beautiful pictures of hot chocolate. Please know that these are NOT my photos, I’m still unpacking in CA!

I have a recipe that you MUST try. I have consumed a lot of hot chocolate in my day and let me tell you, this simple recipe is the BEST! Take a look below!

Here’s the magic ingredient in the hot chocolate, I hope you can find it in your grocery store.

Chocolate Malted Peppermint Patty Hot Chocolate

1 gallon 2% milk

13 oz Chocolate Malted Milk Mix

1 Cup Coffee Mate, non-dairy Creamer powder (makes it creamy and fabulous-do not leave it out)

15 mini York Peppermint Patties

mini Marshmallows

Fresh Whipped Cream

1. Pour milk into a large pot over medium heat. Whisk in malted milk and non dairy creamer. Continue to whisk until hot. Stir in peppermint patties and whisk until melted.

2. Top each cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream. Enjoy!

Have a Merry Christmas Everyone!! I’ll be back after Christmas!

Comments

The Food Librarian says:

Happy Holidays to you! And welcome to California!

Cristine says:

I love hot chocolate! Yours sounds delicious!

Kevin says:

Happy holidays!

CookiePie says:

Happy holiday, hope you’re enjoying California! Your hot chocolate sounds divine…

Meg says:

Merry Christmas! This is the best hot chocolate recipe ever and I know exactly where to find malted milk in my stores.

carol says:

Well I just may have to start drinking hot chocolate again after looking at this recipe!
    Merry Christmas, Jenny…thanks for doing this fantastic blog and sharing all of your wonderful recipes. May your unpacking go smoothly!
    Have a happy holiday and a healthy 2009! :)

Culinarywannabe says:

I am actually drinking a cup of hot chocolate right now, and am thinking it looks really pitiful compared to these pictures! I’ll have to crank it up next time and try your recipe!

Janssen says:

Um. . . WOW! That looks divine!

Mary says:

Jennie, this, as all your entries, looks amazing. I hope the move is going smoothly. Merry Christmas.

Helene says:

Everyday for my kids too. Cute picture. Merry Xmas!

Bob says:

Heh, I just did a post about hot chocolate myself. Course, my secret ingredient was booze. ;) That stuff looks mad good though, I love malt.

Jeena says:

Great hot choc pictures they look so warming and xmassy. :-)

Annie says:

Yum! Peppermint and hot chocolate – it even sounds like Christmas!

HoneyB says:

The first chance I get I am going to be making this! Great photos!

Marisa says:

Oh wow!!!! That sounds amazing. I am such a huge fan of malt and I’ve never tried it in hot chocolate before. I can’t wait to try this!

Bunny says:

I have malted chocolate powder in the in the cupboard! Thanks for the recipe Jenny!

Sharon says:

Oh boy – that’s my kind of hot chocolate! I’d love to try malted milk powder…hopefully I can remember to look for some at the grocery store. Merry Christmas to you too!

Tahmina says:

Jenny, bless your heart for giving us a FABULOUS hot chocolate recipe with all the craziness going on in your life! We so appreciate it. Thank you for all you do.

Erica says:

No kidding, if you ask me, anything with malt powder in it is well worth trying. Good luck unpacking! I know what a huge job that is. We just moved to CA (the Bay area) 6 months ago, and we absolutely love it. It’s great, too, that you have family in AZ so that you’ll have lots of excuses to visit! I grew up in AZ and still have family there, so we do the same thing. Merry Christmas!

Kim A says:

Look at you…not unpacked and still so dedicated to Picky Palate! Can’t wait to see you in a couple of days!!!!

Allie says:

I’ll be making a batch of this for sure! I love hot chocolate!!

Derek Flake says:

Jenny,
    we made it a couple of weeks ago with fat free milk and it still turned out terrific. just letting those anti 2% milk people know.

Maggie says:

Merry Christmas Jenny and welcome to California!! My family and friends and I thank you for all the recipes you have shared over the past year and all the good eating we’ve been doing thanks to you!! I hope that your unpacking goes smoothly!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

I’ve made a similar one and it’s yummy! Happy holidays dear!

Courtney says:

Well, hello there! I can’t even remember how I stumbled upon your blog earlier today, but boy am I glad I did! I’ve been perusing your recipes all day and have your link on my sidebar now! I’m going to make your gingerbread bars with cream cheese icing for Christmas (with the in-laws…so they’d better be good..no pressure…ha!!!)

Merry Christmas to you and thanks for sharing all your secrets! :)

Courtney in Indiana

Katherine Aucoin says:

Merry Christmas Jenny!

Jaime says:

mmm that sounds like a great drink on a cold day! hope you are settling into CA ok. happy holidays!

Annie says:

Sounds divine! I love your blog:)

Katrina says:

Let the unpacking begin–no wait, let it finish! Merry Christmas, Jenny.
    I’m having a giveaway on my blog.

Girl Japan says:

These look absolutely fabulous… Have fun in Cali… and have a fab holiday…

alexandra's kitchen says:

This is quite an endorsement! Will definitely try. I love malted milk powder.

Rosa's Yummy Yums says:

Delicious!

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

Rosa

Chef Chuck says:

Yum, That will warm your bones!
    great photo work.. Chuck

Kelly says:

Can you stick this in the fridge and heat it up again later for another cup?

lynn says:

They sell this at Walmart in most areas! I just discovered it myself. My son loves the vanilla, but I will try the chocolate as well. I originally purchased it to make a cookie recipe feature on the Pioneer Woman’s blog. Now, I have another reason to keep a container on hand at all times. This recipe may even taste good using the Vanilla flavored malted milk. I will let you know if I try it!!! Great blog, Im hooked!
    besos,lynn

[...] Photo: Picky Palate window.___gcfg = {lang: 'en'}; (function() {var po = document.createElement("script"); po.type = "text/javascript"; po.async = true;po.src = "https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"; var s = document.getElementsByTagName("script")[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })(); [...]