Apr
2009

Dark Chocolate Mint Coconut Macaroon Cookies……and Curtis Stone!!

Tags:

Cookies

What a fun filled weekend I’ve had. I know all of you ladies know the Take Home Chef, Curtis Stone right? He came right here to Newport Beach’s Sur La Table yesterday for a book signing and you better believe I made it in line with all of the other drooling ladies. I waited an hour to get a picture and an autographed book. I’d say it was worth it, what a nice guy! My pics are below of my few minutes with him.

Now for my new favorite cookies…..I recently found a great new product at Trader Joes last week called Dark Chocolate Mint UFO’s. They are awesome and I am completely addicted to them. If you are close to a Trader Joes, definitely go get yourself a bag. If you do not have Trader Joes in your town, use dark chocolate chips and a teaspoon or so of mint extract for a similar cookie. The flavor combination here is really good. Even my husband who claims to hate coconut said he really liked these cookies. Hope you all enjoy!

Dark Chocolate Mint Coconut Macaroon Cookies

2 sticks melted butter
3/4 Cup brown sugar
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 Cups all purpose flour
1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 Cups shredded sweetened coconut
2 Cups Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Mint UFO baking pieces

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat melted butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.

2. Place flours, salt and baking soda into a large bowl then slowly add into wet ingredients along with the coconut and dark chocolate pieces until just combined. Scoop dough with a medium cookie scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

3 dozen cookies

__________________________________

Curtis Stone’s Book Signing at Sur La Table!

Ya’ll jealous?

Have a great week, see you all soon with more good eatin!

Comments

the blog of kh says:

Jealous? Jealous? Um, Yeeeaaahhhh!

Jenny, you look so cute!!!

These cookies look like heaven. Not good! I am on a diet! :0)

carol says:

How cool….great picture of you and Curtis, Jenny! Jealous? Oh heck yeah!!!
    And great looking cookies too…I love coconut-boy, add mint to it and I’d be in heaven. Looks like a trip to Trader Joe’s is in order.

Barbara Bakes says:

I only wish we had a Trader Joes! The cookies look great!

Meg says:

How exciting to meet him and get your book signed! AWESOME!

Yummy cookies. I love the UFO baking pieces.

Bunny says:

Love those pics Jenny!!! You are just as adorable as he is!!! These cookies look fantastic!!

RecipeGirl says:

You make a very cute couple :)

Will be looking for those chocolate disks!

Love the cookies! You are so lucky you got to meet Curtis. Very fun!

Those cookies look amazing. I did see the chocolate at TJ’s. What a wonderful store. Great pics. You both look wayyyy too young, skinny and cute. Good for you!

Hi. I’m just here visiting your site, and I have to say, I like it a lot. You have some great stuff to check out. I have a small blog that has been around for about 2 years. It’s not big, I delete a few posts every now and then. But I invite you to come check out my site. I would love to have you over. :D

Erica says:

How fun to meet Curtis! And I’m so happy I finally live near a Trader Joe’s so I can make these cookies!

Hey, I have a random request/idea for you! I’ve been having this ongoing discussion with girlfriends about how to get kids to eat dinner, and since it seems like your kids do so well (probably thanks to the meals you cook), I was wondering if you have any tips for us. I bet a lot of the young moms on here would love the ideas!!

No pressure, though, just a thought! Love your blog.

Bob says:

Sure, I’m jealous. Of him. ;)

Those cookies look wicked good, would you believe I’ve never had a macaroon? I need to try them out.

Rachelle @ "Mommy? I'm Hungry!" says:

Oooh lucky you!
    These cookies sound like a minty Mounds! Mmm.

I’ll have to look for those next time at TJ. =)

Coleen's Recipes says:

dark chocolate + mint + coconut? WOW, what a great combo. I love that Curtis Stone was wearing flip-flops LOL, that is one of the things I enjoy about him (he’s so relaxed).

Kevin says:

Those cookies look good! I like those huge chocolate chips. I wonder how big a cookie would have to be to make those look like regular sized chocolate chips (relatively speaking)?

Katrina says:

Yum on both the cookies and the Stone! :) Lucky duck.

Kerstin says:

How cool you met Curtis! I love finding new products at Trader Joe’s and will definitely be looking for UFO chocolate!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

That’s a nice looking chef ;)! And even nier looking cookies. I loved the ufos! They sound like fun!

Sharon says:

Curtis is cute, huh?! :) You look quite cute as well by the way.

these look great! TJ’s also has chocolate mints that taste like fancy peppermint patties. can’t think of the name but you should definitely try them if you like chocolate mint.

Lynda says:

The cookies look very addictive indeed!
    Those are some great pictures!

Stephanie says:

Hummm!

Melissa says:

I’m totally jealous… every time i go to the grocery store i’m wishing i would run into him!!! You lucky girl!

Alisa - Frugal Foodie says:

Oh darn it, I was just at Trader Joe’s today (twice!) and didn’t know these chocolates were hiding there.

Tartelette says:

I just love love love the sound of these! The pictures are great!

Steph (I am Bee) says:

this is silly, but i once saw him walking around the building at Rockefeller Center. it was so weird ’cause he is so distinctive looking and tall!! haha

Nicole says:

Lucky girl!! How exciting for you. Here in Colorado we dont ever get to rub shoulders with anyone famous!

Those cookies look so yummy.

The Shulls says:

Oh my! I am so jealous! hahahaha! Which of his cookbooks did you buy?

biz319 says:

Um, yes, I am jealous!

I love that show – which reminds me I need to DVR it because I never seem to catch it – probably on during the day when I am at work.

I haven’t seen those UFO’s at TJ’s – its now on my list next to Fage!

Robin Sue says:

OK you and Curtis are the beautiful people! He is so cute! Love the cookies you’ve made, I am jealous of those too!

Anne says:

Jenny I’m so jealous! I’m also a little bugged because my little guy is asleep right now or I’d be in my car on the way to Trader Joe’s. Seriously. Those cookies look amazing!

Live.Love.Eat says:

Go you. Those are great pics!!!!!!! You look awesome and he is a cutie!

Christina Larson says:

Hey Jenny!
    I’m jealous of your cute little bum in those jeans!
    Great pics! How’s his cookbook?
    I’m excited to try your new cookies and mint and dark chocolate! My fave. Can’t wait for my next trip to TJ’s.

PheMom says:

LOVE Curtis Stone! He is the best! I love that you got to meet him!

I wish there were a Trader Joe’s here. :( I’ll have to see what I can do because your cookies look awesome!

Colleen says:

oooh those candies look amazing – and so do the cookies! And yes, i am jealous of your pics with Curtis!

Kelly says:

Thanks for the tip, I will try the dark chocolate mint UFOS asap! Your cookies look amazing! I feel like you can never have enough chocolate in your life! Also, if you want to try new chocolate products and recipes, hosting a chocolate tasting party might be a delicious idea. Go to http://www.dovechocolatediscoveries.com to learn more.

Kelly

Kim A says:

Hey you little cutie…I bet the Aussie was excited to get a picture with YOU!! Loved your cookies :D Can’t wait to come visit again..the weekend??!!