What a fun filled weekend I’ve had. I know all of you ladies know the Take Home Chef, Curtis Stone right? He came right here to Newport Beach’s Sur La Table yesterday for a book signing and you better believe I made it in line with all of the other drooling ladies. I waited an hour to get a picture and an autographed book. I’d say it was worth it, what a nice guy! My pics are below of my few minutes with him.
Now for my new favorite cookies…..I recently found a great new product at Trader Joes last week called Dark Chocolate Mint UFO’s. They are awesome and I am completely addicted to them. If you are close to a Trader Joes, definitely go get yourself a bag. If you do not have Trader Joes in your town, use dark chocolate chips and a teaspoon or so of mint extract for a similar cookie. The flavor combination here is really good. Even my husband who claims to hate coconut said he really liked these cookies. Hope you all enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Mint Coconut Macaroon Cookies
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 cups Trader Joes Dark Chocolate Mint UFO Baking Pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, beat melted butter and sugars until well combined. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Place flours, salt and baking soda into a large bowl then slowly add into wet ingredients along with the coconut and dark chocolate pieces until just combined. Scoop dough with a medium cookie scoop onto a silpat or parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just golden around the edges, but still soft in the center. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.
Curtis Stone’s Book Signing at Sur La Table!