May
2009

Double Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies

Tags:

Cookies

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! Hope you are all enjoying a well needed long weekend. We are in AZ enjoying some time with family, it’s great to be home for a couple days.

Can I just say that I am in LOVE with these cookies. You all know my obsession with everything peanut butter, it’s no secret and I am not ashamed to admit it my love for chocolate too. I recently discovered these Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims from Trader Joes. They are an incredible treat and you must try them if you are lucky enough to have TJ’s near you. Now, no worries, you can also use any old Chocolate covered pretzel and still get an AMAZING cookie here. The chocolate peanut butter cookie dough is completely deadly! Can’t wait for you all to try these, bring them to your weekend BBQ and watch them disappear. Enjoy!

Double Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 Cup creamy peanut Butter
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
2 tsps. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
1 Cup Chocolate Covered Pretzels, coarsely crushed

. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet. (I used a cookie sheet with a silpat liner)

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined then add peanut butter until combined.

3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in white chips and pretzels. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

4. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 dozen cookies

____________________________
Enjoy the rest of your Memorial Day Weekend! Coming next…something tasty, come back soon!

Comments

Denise says:

Oh My, these look great…sweet with some saltiness..one of the best combos

Dawn says:

geeez girl you know I’m gonna love these crazy cookies! I think these cover all cravings in one?

Kerstin says:

Awesome idea to put chocolate covered pretzels in cookies – I love it! And peanut butter chocolate cookie dough, wow, these look absolutely amazing!

carol says:

WOW! What a cookie! I can’t wait to try these Jenny! Good grief, I’m swallowin’ hard looking at the pictures…I so want one now!

Clumbsy Cookie says:

Oh my oh my! These cookies are so up my alley! I love everything in them! pretzels are so good in cookies, but covered in chocolate must be even better I believe!

Katrina says:

WHOA!!!

Leslie says:

Ohh Jenny..these almost look brownie like. Sooo yummy. Oh how I wish I had trader Joe’s near me

FitFoodie says:

Those look unbelievable! I love the salty/sweet combo.

LaDue & Crew says:

These are my kinda cookies! From one AZ gal to another, enjoy your holiday!

CookiePie says:

Oh my GOSH — these sound the the most perfect cookies. I must try this recipe — thanks for sharing!!!!

HoneyB says:

I would love to be chowing down on a couple of these right now!

Kristen says:

The more I hear about Trader Joe’s, the more I wish I lived near one. I’m in Canada where this none, and none in Maine (which is the closest state)…I would have to drive to Massachusets to find one. Maybe the next time I’m in Boston? So no chocolate covered pretzels for me, now that you have me wanting these cookies :o) They look so delicious!

Sara says:

OH MY! I want to makes these…but I think I would eat them all, so it’d probably be best that I didn’t. :) They look SO good.

Jeena says:

Wonderful recipe great idea using pretzels – delicious. :-)

Lynda says:

These gorgeous cookies look decadent and I heat them calling my name! Seriously, I can hear them!

MaRiN says:

Wow, I am so trying these!

Gera @ SweetsFoods says:

Chocolate PB cookies are among my favorites! Big YUMMMM!

Cheers!

Gera

Jessie says:

chocolaholic in me wants those cookies so badly! good thing there is a traders joes in brooklyn, definitely will be picking up those pretzels!

Cathy says:

Fantastic looking cookies! Very clever to add the chocolate covered pretzels. I love the sweet-salty combo.

Hugging the Coast says:

I also love the combination of sweet and salty. Bravo!

Miranda says:

These look amazing. Where do you come up with all of these amazing cookies. I made your nutter butter cookies and they were FANTASTIC. I took it to a mommy playdate and everyone devoured them.
    Thank you for an amazing site and sharing your recipes.

Eralda LT says:

These cookies look delicious! I found you through Camilla’s website. Love your blog! Cheers.

My Sweet & Saucy says:

How fun do these sound! I love the idea of a little crunch in my cookie!

Erica says:

Mmmm, these look killer! Thank you!

Michelle says:

I made these yesterday. I didn’t have any of the chocolate covered pretzels in the house, but I just couldn’t wait to give them a try. They were delicious using white chocolate/semi sweet chocolate chips. I can’t wait to try them next time with the pretzels!!

Pat says:

These cookies look and sound AWESOME! A must try….and how can you miss with chocolate!
    This will go into my “Jenny’s Recipes” file. Thanks.

Anonymous says:

I am an avid reader of your blog, but for some reason I’ve never commented. However, I made these cookies recently and they are TO DIE FOR! Your recipes are amazing and I always refer my friends to your site when they ask where I got the recipe from :-)

Thank you for all of the good eats!

dessert girl says:

Oh my gosh. These sound sooo good! All my favorite combinations in one cookie!

A & W says:

these are amazing-made them last week and blogged abt them! http://noshandtell.blogspot.com/2009/06/lookie-at-my-cookies-double-chocolate.html
    thanks for an amazing recipe!
    - Whitney

Double Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies | Picky Palate was a great read. I applaud your blog for informing people, very interesting article, keep up it coming :)

[...] (adapted from Picky-Palate) [...]

Leanne says:

Do you think chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels would work?

This is a very good article. I am certain a lot of people will benefit from it. Thank you!

[...] As usual, I was stalking Picky Palate and all the drool-worthy food she posts about when I stumbled upon double chocolate covered pretzel peanut butter cookies. [...]

I just like the valuable info you supply on your articles. I’ll bookmark your blog and check once more here regularly. I’m rather certain I will be informed many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

I have been surfing on-line more than three hours these days, but I by no means found any interesting article like yours. It’s beautiful worth sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made just right content material as you probably did, the internet might be a lot more helpful than ever before.