Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone! Hope you are all enjoying a well needed long weekend. We are in AZ enjoying some time with family, it’s great to be home for a couple days.
Can I just say that I am in LOVE with these cookies. You all know my obsession with everything peanut butter, it’s no secret and I am not ashamed to admit it my love for chocolate too. I recently discovered these Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims from Trader Joes. They are an incredible treat and you must try them if you are lucky enough to have TJ’s near you. Now, no worries, you can also use any old Chocolate covered pretzel and still get an AMAZING cookie here. The chocolate peanut butter cookie dough is completely deadly! Can’t wait for you all to try these, bring them to your weekend BBQ and watch them disappear. Enjoy!
Double Chocolate Covered Pretzel Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 cups cocoa powder I used Hershey's Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chocolate covered pretzels coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheet. (I used a cookie sheet with a silpat liner)
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined then add peanut butter until combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in white chips and pretzels. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.