Jul
2009

Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies!

Tags: ,

Cookies

Good Thursday morning everyone!!

I gotta make this snappy, both my boys are still sleeping and it’s almost 7:30am. A miracle!

Ok, I know I make chocolate cookies often, but trust me when I tell you that you will LOVE this version. I picked up these awesome little cherry chips by Log House in AZ quite a few months ago and wished I would have gotten more bags. They are fabulous in cookies. I got them at Super Walmart, but have found Log House’s Online store where you can get 2 bags for a little over $5 bucks. So, if you can’t find them at your grocer, check out the link HERE.

Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Cocoa Powder)
2 tsps. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 bag of Log House Cherry Chips
1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips

. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and use a cookie sheet with a silpat liner.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until well combined.

3. In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients then stir in white chips and cherry chips. Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.

4. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

3 dozen cookies

______________________________
Looks like I made it, the little tykes just woke up and I’m done with my post! Have a great rest of your week! See you all soon.

Comments

Wow, those look rich! I will look for those chips!

The Kodak Moments of our Life says:

Jenny,
    I am a new but HUGE fan of yours. I am wondering in your recipes when it calls for butter, do you use salted or unsalted butter?

Clumbsy Cookie says:

They're so dark and decadent! Thise chips must be amazing! They make me think of a black forest cake in a cookie form!

Sara says:

Yum!! They look so chocolatey!

CookiePie says:

You can never have too many chocolate cookies,as far as I'm concerned! Love the flavor combo of chocolate and cherries — yummy!!

FitFoodie says:

Those look AWESOME! Chocolate & Cherry is definitely one of my favorite combos.

Meghan says:

These look fantastic! I LOVE chocolate cookies, and I'll have to look for cherry chips in the store (or buy online!) – they sound great!

Kim Milius says:

Chocolate & cherries – what could be better?! I've never seen cherry chips before, but will definitely be on the look out for them now so I can try this recipe!

Leslie says:

7:30..isnt that NICE????
    Love the cookies!

Jennifer says:

I have not seen a cookie like that before, so dark chocolate and bright red! those cherry chips sound great! Yummy!

Laurel says:

These look fabulous! We have these at our Walmart…I'm due for another cookie bake…Have to try it!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

Oh wow these look amazing!!! I have never seen cherry chips before but now I will have be one the lookout:)

Claudia says:

And those little tykes are mighty lucky to wake up to those cookies. Rich and inviting. Beautiful.

Stacy says:

Don't you just love when the kiddos stay asleep long enough for you to blog? I know I sure do!

As for the cookies – AMAZING!!!! I can't wait to try them for myself. Thanks for sharing both the recipe and the link as to where we can buy the chips. Both are greatly appreciated!

Rawley says:

Ooh, I love the color contrast! Will be making these over the weekend–thanks!

Karine says:

Oh chocolate and cherries.. great combination! :)

Bunny says:

OMG these look so good!! You always make the best cookies Jenny!

[...] for a good chocolate cookie recipe, I found this yummy creation for Chocolate Cherry Cookies on Picky Palate. Jenny is the cookie queen, and comes up with some killer cookies. I basically followed  her [...]

Bill Baker says:

Log House was out for the longest time. I found a place Gurleys. They have an online store but they only sell in bulk. Case lots for 40 dollars. I know that is a lot to pay but at the time that was all I could find. And yes I got a case. Well worth it to me as I can try different things with them.

This is my first time reading your blog, but I can already tell you that I love it! Keep up the work!

Vanessa says:

I found some of these cherry chips in the store and bought some because they looked interesting. After googling for a good cookie recipe for them, I decided to try yours. DELICIOUS! I made them for my housemates at college and they all loved them and couldn’t get enough! The girls can’t wait until I make them again! Even the ones who don’t really enjoy cookies want me to make them again. And they are really that dark brown and bright red as in the pictures! I give these 5 stars!

[...] Like – these amazing Chocolate Cherry Chip Cookies from Picky Palate [...]

Shanna says:

Highly recommend these. Also highly recommend use of dark cocoa powder. I think they would be too sweet otherwise. The cherry and white chips cut the bitterness of the dark powder. Really nicely balanced cookie. I made the dough on Sunday and threw in the fridge to bake on Wednesday. The cherry flavor had infused the whole dough. It was excellent!

Thank you for any other informative site. Where else may I get that type of info written in such an ideal approach? I’ve a mission that I am simply now operating on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

Nicole says:

These are so delicious! I’ve made them so many times, I’ve lost count, honestly… And today marks up another time. My mother in law always purchases cherry chips for me when she can find them (since our local stores don’t carry them all year round), knowing that my husband absolutely loves anything containing them. Stumbled soon this recipe a few years ago, and it’s been my go-to ever since!