Sep
2009

Steak and Goat Cheese Quesadillas With Corn and Tomato Relish

Tags: , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Good Thursday!  Welcome to my new friends, it’s great to have you!  Getting so excited to have my Mom/Dad and little bro over this weekend for a surprise visit.  My boys have no idea they are coming, so I can’t wait for their reaction!

Boy do I have a great Labor Day recipe for you, this colorful quesadilla makes a great appetizer or dinner.  I enjoyed one for lunch and dinner a couple days ago and was a very happy girl.  This is a simple meal with very few ingredients that produces huge flavor.  It’s a win win recipe if you ask me!  A huge thanks to the folks at Il De France Cheese for sending me the beautiful goat cheese.

I am a huge goat cheese fan, but if you are not, do not fret just replace it with some good Tillamook shredded Cheddar and you’ll be loving this!  That’s what I did with the boys quesadillas, for they are not quite at the goat cheese phase.  Someday!  Hope you all enjoy.

IMG_3724picnik.jpeg

IMG_3757picnik.jpeg

Steak and Goat Cheese Quesadillas With Corn and Tomato Relish

4 Steak cuts of choice, grilled or cooked in crockpot (I cooked all 4 in crockpot on low for about 6 hours, it was really good)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt with Parsley

Corn Relish

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed

1 Cup grape tomatoes, quartered

1/4 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

____________________

8 inch flour tortillas

2-3 Tablespoons softened butter

1/2 Cup Goat Cheese, crumbled

1.  Grill steak to your liking or try cooking them in the crockpot on low for 6 hours.  Season with salt, pepper and garlic seasoning.  After cooked, cut the steak into bite size pieces.  Keep warm.

2.  To make corn relish, heat olive oil into a large skillet over medium heat.  Add corn kernels, tomatoes, cilantro, salt and pepper.  Cook for 5 minutes, until warm and fragrant.

3.  Spread butter onto one side of a tortilla.  Place butter side down onto a large skillet over medium heat.  Spinkle one side of tortilla with goat cheese, then a couple spoonfuls of chopped steak.  With a spatula, fold tortilla over filling and cook each side until browned and crisp.  Transfer to a plate and top with spoonfuls of Corn Tomato Relish.  Continue process until desired.  Enjoy!

8-10 quesadillas

_________________________________________

Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend!  Come back  soon for a sweet treat!

Comments

Molly says:

YUM, Jenny! I love anything Mexican and am always trying to incorporate new flavors into Southwestern dishes. I’ll definitely be trying this. Thanks for sharing!

These look incrdedible!! Definitely something I want to try. I’ll try anything with corn relish!! ;-)

Laura says:

These look great. Always looking for a new quesadilla combo. We have those for lunchtime often. I’m sure the goat cheese is wonderful too – nice and tangy. Thanks!

Jessica says:

Steak in the crockpot?! That’s new to me, but I like it! Did you use beef broth as the liquid? Do you recommend a certain cut over another for this method? I’m excited to try these quesadillas. Thanks for the info!

Yum! I recently came across a recipe that called for using flank steak in the crockpot. I can only imagine it would be good & shredded after several long hours. MMMM!

Sara says:

Delicious! Ya know, I can’t say that I’ve ever had goat cheese, but these look fantastic.

Goat cheese, steak…YUM!!! Your pictures are gorgeous, too!

Kerstin says:

I goat cheese, these look great!

Jessie says:

those are some delicious looking quesadillas! I’m loving the corn tomato relish too

Goat cheese more steak quesadillas….my stomach is growling only to seeing them!
    Bravo for this Mex luscious dish :)

Cheers!

Gera

Love the food styling on this one! The corn salsa on top looks fabulous!

Ramona says:

Wow, those look good. That corn on top really gives it another dimension.
    Ramona

Deborah says:

I’m new to your blog and clicked over from Bakerella. These look delicious and I can’t wait to try them out. I’m sure my hubby will love them. My children, maybe not so much! Guess we’ll make sure and serve salad and corn bread or muffins.

Hillary says:

I wouldn’t have thought to use goat cheese in these quesadillas but that looks and sounds delicious! You should submit this recipe to Recipe4Living!

Trish says:

Love love love goat cheese…this looks so very delicious.

dawn says:

girl I love that you make your quesadillas THICK. ^5 woman! Awesomeness!

This looks wonderful! You’ve officially made me hungry!

I’ll be retweeting this tomorrow (@huggingthecoast on Twitter) as part of a special Labor Day Weekend Twitter Marathon.

Stephanie says:

OMG! Yummy!!! These look amazing!!! I found your blog via bakerella. How do you make steak in the crockpot? What is the liquid you use?? I can’t wait to try this!!!
    Thanks!!!

Monica says:

This looks absolutely delicious!! Will be trying it very soon!

Laurie says:

These look amazing Jenny! going to be making them soon!

Colleen says:

OMG – AMAZING summer flavors here! I want one right now!

April says:

These were wonderful, my entire family loved them. My father in law is picky and he had seconds. I made my sons on corn tortillas, he is gluten free and he loved them too. It was fun to use our garden to make the relish. Thank you for your wonderful recipes.!

Pete says:

Just made this tonight. Used blue cheese instead of the goat cheese and absolutely loved it. I love when a recipe tastes as good as I imagine it will and this one certainly did!

Thanks for a great recipe!

Mindy says:

I’m starving right now, and those look amazing! I know I don’t have goat cheese… but I think I have everything else. I just might try this out tonight.

jennifer says:

can you give us an idea of what cut of steak you used and the method for cooking it in the crockpot?

Kimm Geria says:

I too would love to know what type of steak you used and if you used a beef broth as well for the liquid. Your looks amazing.

Molly K says:

Made these tonight…. I’ve been craving them for about a week. They were very filling. My goat cheese was spreadable not crumbly… whatever, It was still good.

Celeste says:

Holy Cow!! My husband and I *had* to make these tonight. However, we didn’t have any steak, so we used a beef roast that cooked in the crockpot for over 24 hours. It was so incredibly tender. And since we are not goat cheese lovers here, we used pepperjack and cheddar cheese. All I can say is OHMIGOSH! We also wanted to try those spicy corn on the cobs and wow! I didn’t think I would like them but they are the best corn on the cob ever!
    Your recipes are so good! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Oh, and for dessert we tried those Hot Little Chocolate Chip Cookie Pies and they were soooo yummy that I am glad I bought extra pie crust! :-) We drizzled white chocolate on top as well and it was tasty!

Michelle says:

Love the Corn and Tomato Relish topping!

Now this a great way to use goat cheese! The corn and tomato relish would add a nice sweetness to the dish.

Maggy says:

So many levels of YUM!

Tracy says:

Looks delicious, love all the flavors!

These are making my mouth water! I love goat cheese!

Beef steak has always been my all time favorite dish and i am always looking for some new recipes that has steak as the main ingredient..~*

[...] a Mexican meal that isnt too bad on your waist line either. Well this is the recipe. Adapted from this recipe, I was able to whip up each step and then put together when we were hungry. Easy, delicious [...]

[...] this sound: steak and goat cheese quesadilla with corn and tomato relish!!! lucky for me and you picky palate has a fabulous recipe for us! i know what i’m having for din din [...]

[...] show you what I did with my tortillas today. I was inspired by this recipe, which I actually followed more or less. I cooked the steak in the crockpot (what a great idea [...]

Mindy says:

OOOOOOOOO! Yummy! You take some amazing pictures. And thanks for your blog.

Sadia says:

I just made these tonight, and wanted to thank you for such an interesting and delicious recipe – my family really enjoyed them, and I particularly liked the corn and tomato relish! I never would have thought such different flavors could work together so well!

[...] My body just doesn’t allow it.  For this particular Friday I will be making a version of this wonderful recipe from Picky Palate.  If you’ve never had goat cheese I highly recommend giving it a try.  I [...]

[...] this particular Friday I will be making a version of this wonderful recipe from Picky Palate.  If you’ve never had goat cheese I highly recommend giving it a try.  I [...]

[...] adapted from: Picky Palate [...]

very nice information keep up your good work thankx

ppc says:

I visited Boston first time last year and loved it!! We did one of those duck tours and saw tons!! It a great city. Not sure Id want to live there, but Im a warm weather girl and think Id like to be where Amanda is personally So glad you had a great time!!

[...] I cannot take credit for this amazingness, that belongs to Picky Palate.  She has some super amazing original recipes, so be sure to head on over and check her [...]

[…] Steak & Goat Cheese Quesadillas with Tomatoes and Corn (from The Picky […]

I must thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site.
    I really hope to view the same high-grade blog posts by you in the future as well.
    In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own,
    personal website now ;)

Michale says:

hello!,I like your writing so a lot! share we keep up
    a correspondence more about your article on AOL? I require a specialist in this
    area to resolve my problem. May be that’s you!

Taking a look ahead to peer you.