Sep
2009

Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

Tags: , , , ,

Desserts

IMG_4037picnik.jpeg

It’s Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss time again!  I quickly snatched up a bag at Target last week and was so excited to whip up another Fall recipes with them.

You are  going to love these caramel pumpkin mini cheesecakes.  I wish I would have snapped pictures of my husband and boys fighting over the last few bites of these that didn’t last long at all.   Animals!

I love a good Oreo Cookie crust on my cheesecakes.  It goes perfectly with the pumpkin spice and caramel.  Not a whole lot of ingredients in this recipe, which makes it all the more tempting.  Hope you all enjoy!!

IMG_4021picnik.jpeg

IMG_4036picnik.jpeg

IMG_4053picnik.jpeg

Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites

8 whole Oreos, finely ground in food processor

1 1/2 Tablespoons melted butter

8 oz softened cream cheese

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1/2 Cup pumpkin puree (I used Libby’s)

1 large egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg

3 Litehouse Lowfat caramel dip (comes in a package of 6 20z little cups)

12 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses, unwrapped

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Combine ground Oreos and melted butter into a bowl until well combined.  Spoon into 12 mini cheesecake cups that have been sprayed with cooking spray.  Press into the bottom of each cup so the crust is flat.  Partially bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven.

2.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the cream cheese,  sugar and pumpkin until smooth.  Beat in egg, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until combined.  Pour evenly into the 12 cups filling about 3/4 way full.  Spoon about a teaspoon of caramel into the tops of each filled cup and swirl with a toothpick gently.  Bake for 25-28 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through.  Let cool completely.

3.  Remove cheesecakes from pan and top each with a spoonful of remaining caramel and a Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kiss.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

12 mini cheesecakes

_________________________________

Have a wonderful rest of your week and weekend!!

Comments

Meghan says:

Oh wow these look fantastic!!! I LOVE pumpkin, and the pumpkin spice kisses; your caramel looks soooo good :)

Lynda says:

I am so excited – another recipe to use with my new mini cheesecake pan!! These little cheesecakes look fabulous. I can’t wait to make them – thanks!

These look INCREDIBLE… PERFECT for Fall!!!

I’ve got to find the pumpkin kisses!!

Thanks Jenny!

VeggieGirl says:

CARAMEL!! Holy yum, once again. Man oh man, do those treats look exceptional.

Molly says:

Jenny,
    I just picked up a bag of the kisses and was wondering what to do with them. These little goodies will be perfect! Now I just need an excuse to make them. :) Thanks for sharing!
    -Molly

Oh WOW! These look so yummy. And totally unique! I have never seen something like it! Can’t wait to make! I am gonna try this weekend. :)

And ohmigosh, I just noticed these are pumpkin spice hershey kisses?!? I have never seen these ever! I hope I can find them around me! I will buy out the store!!

Lane says:

Do you know if the Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses are available everywhere? When I was at Target a few days ago, they only had candy corn flavored….ick! I’m obsessed with anything pumpkin…..I’m drinking my coffee with pumpkin pie flavored creamer right now! If I find the kisses, I will definitely be making these!! They look amazing!

Sara says:

I have ever seen these before! Where did you get them? Please answer, it looks so good!

Thanks so much for the fun recipe; it sounds really tasty, and they turned out gorgeous!

I love your blog!!!!!!!!

Pam Shank says:

very wonderful..they look so like fall and I am sure they are delicious. will give them a try for halloween or thanksgiving events. thanks

Kerstin says:

I just made Fall-themed mini cheesecakes too! Yours look great with those kisses on top!

Sara says:

Oh…my…gosh! These look awesome, Jenny! Usually I only bake treats when we’re having company over or if I know I can give them away to people…but if/when I make these, I’m keeping them all for myself. :)

Kylee says:

These look so delicious! I can’t wait to make these!

Meg says:

There is not a word to explain how amazing these look! What a great way to use the pumpkin spice kisses!

VirginiaG says:

I’d love to make these but don’t have mini cheesecake cups (or 12 ramekins) – could I use muffin cups, do you think?

Nutmeg Nanny says:

These look great! I had no idea they made pumpkin spice Hershey kisses!

Oh my, are those just the perfect bites!

Risa says:

Okay this looks too good and I want a bite, yummy!!

Jessie says:

holy moly! I am in awe, that looks really good and so adorable too, it’s like little pieces of edible art on a plate

CookiePie says:

Oh those are gorgeous!!! I made an oreo crust pumpkin tart last Thanksgiving – I love the cheesecake idea! Bookmarking!

Pumpkin spice kisses?! they think of everything!

Those look too good.

Jody says:

I have never even seen the pumpkin kisses until last week and I thought they looked disgusting, even though I LOVE pumpkin. But you just made a believer out of me and I’m off to buy some and make these little babies!!

pligg.com says:

Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites | Picky Palate…

I know what I’m making for halloween….

Laura says:

Have to tell you I love that you used “low fat” caramel dip to top the fattening babies off. Will definitely be making these.

Sarah M says:

I LOVE your recipes and have used many of them. Anyway we could get more delicious healthy/light/figure friendly recipes in the next little bit? Everything you come up with is great…and I could use the help!

Kimm Geria says:

Where can I find the mini cheesecake pans? These look fantastic I will certainly be making them for one of my fall events. Thanks for sharing another wonderful looking recipe and I just adore caramel.

Kimm

Oh you are just so bad. But oh so sweet!!!!

Kimm Geria says:

Hi Jenny i want to make this tomorrow for a girls night out. I am thinking about making a whole one since I don’t have the individual mini pans. Will the quantities work for a standard size cheesecake pan?

These look fab!

[...] Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites | Picky Palate from picky-palate.com [...]

Just found your blog…LOVE IT. I am SOOOOOOOOO stinking impatient that I ran out to buy the ingredients for this, but am baking it in mini muffin pans. SIGH. Hope they turn out!!!!!! LOVE all your recipes!!!

Mandy says:

Jenny…oh, my YUMMMMM!! I can’t wait to make these!

Caroline says:

Thanks for leaving a comment on my cupcake hero entry, very encouraging.

These cheesecake bites is too much — caramel, pumpkin and so cute! They’re awesome.

teresa says:

oh these are just sinful!

Kristin says:

OH MY.

I only recently (within the last 2 weeks) have discovered your site. These last three recipes have put me over the top. I am NOT a sweets person (savory all the way, baby), but I am about to change over to the “dark” side! I decided I wanted to make the Ultimate Chocolate Layered Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Birthday Cake first. But, I forgot the recipe when I went to the store. I thought, “Oh, I think I can remember all the ingredients,” so in I went. Yeah, not. I came home with half of the ingredients for that cake and then half for the caramel apple cream cheese cookie bars! I guess both just fused their ingredients into my brain and now I need to make both – actually both of those AND the black bottom mini caramel pumpkin cheesecake bites! My waistline, my butt, my thighs, my stomach, and my tastebuds all thank you!

[...] to meet her. Leave it to Jenny to tuck all of my favorite flavors into a tiny compact treat. These Black Bottomed Mini Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecakes combine pumpkin, spices, oreos, and caramel and are topped off with the fabulous Pumpkin Spice [...]

Melody says:

This looks like fall in a little cute cake. Beautiful!

I seriously gained 12 pound just thinking about these. Wow, oh, wow!

Hilary says:

oh.my.heavens. those look absolutely amazing. I just may have to give them a try this year for Halloween!!

crystal says:

Looks absolutely yummy! I almost licked the screen…lol

Dawnielle says:

I was just thinkin’ it needs to turn cold – you know, at least 60! Great blog!

Anything with canned pumpkin makes me happy (because I’m a dietitian and I can’t resist all that immune-boosting vitamin A) and anything with caramel makes my mouth water because it’s one of my favorite flavors. This recipe looks beyond yummy!

Colleen says:

I am drooling looking at these pictures. And I need to go get some of those pumpkin spice kisses!

Stephanie says:

Yummy!!! Thanks again for such a great idea!!!!! I can’t wait to make these!!!!

Krystle says:

Omg these look delicious! I love your site! Cant wait to try some of your stuff!

I love pumpkin! Thx for sharing.

Barbara says:

What a great presentation and combination of flavors!

Maggie says:

seriously how is it that you are baking these wonderful luscious concoctions all the time and still look so trim? i’m guessing you have will power of steel!

Lyn says:

Oh dear, those look fabulous. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful recipes. My son’s bday is next week & he loves all of the above combinations. I’ll make him 13 for his thirteenth bday.

Pat says:

Sounds great, as usual, Jenny. Will have to look for those kisses – hadn’t seen them yet.