Dec
2009

“Intimint” Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: ,

Cookies

IMG_4983picnik.jpeg

Yes, my husband named these cookies.  I was cracking up and thought I’d give him one title to a recipe.  When he ate them he said, “oh these make me feel so intimate” and the story evolved to the point that he named them Intimint cookies :)  Weirdo! but a Hot Weirdo!

So, I whipped up a couple batches of these cookies, wrapped them up and gave them to neighbors, my husband’s co-workers and for myself of course.  This was one recipe I couldn’t completely get out of my house.  Found these awesome Nestles “Limited Edition” Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels at Target.  Go quickly and pick up some bags, found them on sale right now for $1.78 in CA.  They are ridiculously good and you must try them!  If you absolutely cannot find them, you could use those Andes Mints in place of Limited Edition Chips.  Hope you enjoy these “Intimint” cookies!!

IMG_4934picnik.jpeg

Try not to eat all the dough before baking…..

IMG_4940picnik.jpeg

You’ll definitely want to wait for these babies!

IMG_4969picnik.jpeg

Ahhh, the fabulous finished product.  I can’t stop using my cute cake stand from TJ Maxx!

IMG_4976picnik.jpeg

Picnik collagepicnik.jpeg

IMG_4990picnik.jpeg

“Intimint” Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 Cup softened butter

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

2 large eggs

1 Tablespoon real vanilla extract

2 1/2 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 bag Nestles Limited EditionDark Chocolate and Mint Morsels

1 1/2 Cups white chocolate chips

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add to wet ingredients along with the chips.  Mix until just combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet about 1 1/2 inches apart.  Bake for 9-11 minutes or until slightly golden on outside edges.  Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.

3 dozen cookies

______________________________________

Have a wonderful new week, see you soon with more treats!

Don’t forget to check out my latest Giveaway and Recipe of Joy opportunity HERE!!

Comments

HoneyB says:

Jenny, these look delish! I got some of those special edition chips at Target too (in Northern NY). I made some fudge with one bag. Haven’t decided what to do yet with the other one!

natalie says:

yum-i got a couple bags of these but haven’t decided on what to make with them yet!!! might have to try these cookies!!

I LOVE these chips. I made the same cookies with double chocolate chip – they are so good!!!

allyson Lyon says:

These look so yummy and pretty!!

Gaby says:

omg i am in love with these cookies!!! I just have to find those mint chips and I will be in the kitchen!

Mint and chocolate-yum!

patsyk says:

Wow! Mint is a popular cookie flavor these days! They look wonderful, now I have to go and find these mint baking chips! Yum!

These look wonderful. May make this afternoon. BTW, Andes also makes a mint chip.

Looks great, mint is very popular this time of year, in fact we found and bought some Mint Oreo’s this weekend.

BTW, I like the name too!

Camberley says:

Wow Jenny! These look amazing. I’ve been on a huge “sweets” high the past couple of weeks. I will definately be making these later this week so I can get my fix.

~Camberley

I picked some of these up too. Glad I have a recipe to use them in. Great recipes. Love your site.

Those look so darn good. Did you husband tell you why he thought that name was fitting. LOL

CookiePie says:

They look great – yay for your hubby! :)

Anissa Wheeler says:

Just made these with the kids for treats to their preschool buds. THEY ARE SO GOOD!

Kelly says:

These look so yummy! Sadly, I have looked in 3 stores (Target, Farm Fresh and Harris Teeter) and I cant find these morsels!

Annie Hadley says:

I found the morsels at just our local grocer, but I used them in fudge! I totally agree they are divine!

Susan says:

Hey Jenny! These cookies look great – I hope I can find those chips! Also, I keep eyeing that cake stand at TJs…it’s too cute in your photos!

kendralula says:

couldn’t find the limited edt. chips so i made these with the andes chips instead. also, i think i made them a bit small, because i got 60 cookies out of it!! but they’re delicious, so maybe smaller is better…

Jessica says:

I found these at Super Walmart today and I also saw them in the grocery store too. Anything mint and chocolate can’t be bad! I will be making these this week! Also trying the biscotti as well but with peppermint kisses instead of mint kisses since I’ll have the mint from these cookies. Thanks for the great ideas!

Barbara says:

Love your cookie recipe! Chocolate and mint are soooo good together and these have the added bonus of being “intimate”!

Nutmeg Nanny says:

These look delicious! I have a bag of these chips in my pantry right now. I can’t wait to use them up :)

Jolie Medeiros says:

I made them and I LOVED them. I have to say they are much better the next day when the green chips are kind of hard and crisp. Love your blog!

Stephanie says:

I baked these yesterday and my family loves them!! I found the chips at walmart, my target was out. I am going to add them to my christmas giving this year. I will definitly be making another batch soon!!

Amber says:

Jenny~ I am a newcomer and I don’t know if you respond to these but I thought I would give it a shot. I want to make these cookies but I live in Utah and all my cookies turn out very flat, and I don’t want this to happen to these… Any tips for these cookies for higher elevation… Thanks

Amber

Ahahaha love the name… and the cookies!

Kimm Geria says:

I am not sure why my cookies keep coming out really flat. I bought all fresh ingredients and made 3 batches and they look like pancakes. :o( I was making them for my cookie exchange 6 dozen and they look so bad :o( any ideas what I could be doing wrong??

Jessi says:

I made these cookies for a cookie exchange at work and they turned out so yummy. One note: I couldn’t find the specialty chips so I used Hershey’s Mint Kisses and they still taste wonderful. Thanks for the great recipe!!

Kelly says:

I have these in the oven right now! Never found the Tollhouse morsels but I did find the Herseys Mint one. I have to make 6 dozen for a cookie exchange tomorrow! Thanks!

Kate says:

Just popping my last pan of these cookies into the oven right now. I tried a couple already and I’m not sure they’ll make it to the party I was going to bring them to…these are incredible! I’m glad I scooped up some extra bags of chips! Thanks for this amazing recipe!

Amber says:

Jenny~

Thanks for the tips. The cookies were yummy but still flat. I am convinced it is Utah because I never had these problems in Arizona. I am going to try again and add more flour on top of the other tricks. Thanks again.

Amber

Annette says:

I made these today. I subsisted the Nestle dark chocolate and mint chips with mint M&Ms. They were delicious!

Daphne says:

Thanks for this yummy recipe! I made the cookies this past weekend and it was a huge hit at my house and work. I posted about it on my blog. Come check it out!

Beth says:

Ok, I just found your website and everything looks delicious!! I think I definitely will have a few new cookies on my Christmas trays this year!

plumber says:

Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in internet explorer, might test this? IE still is the market leader and a good component to folks will pass over your magnificent writing due to this problem.

nfl says:

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your site.
    Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
    A small number of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
    Do you have any ideas to help fix this problem?