Feb
2010

Carmelized Onion and Sweet Pepper Turkey Burgers

Tags: , , , ,

Dinner

IMG_5278picnik.jpeg

Hey everyone,  hope Valentine’s Day Weekend was a “sweet” success.  We spent the weekend with my family visiting from AZ, had a blast!  We saw “Valentine’s Day” Saturday night, played at the beach, watched the sunset and ate lots of good food!  To top it off, my very sweet husband ordered me a new camera that I can’t even wait for it to arrive this week!  Really was a great weekend.

We’ve also got the entire week off for “ski week” around this town.  Funny right?  Only in Newport Beach!  The boys and I will be hanging at Disney most of the week :)

So, since we all probably overdosed on chocolate and other sweets over the weekend, I thought I’d share a rather light and very simple lunch and or dinner recipe that you will love!  These turkey burgers are such a treat, hope you enjoy.

IMG_5280picnik.jpeg

IMG_5271picnik.jpeg

Caramelized Onion and Sweet Pepper Turkey Burgers

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 large onion, thinly sliced

1 Cup chopped sweet peppers (I get the big bag from costco, they are mild and delish)

4 Jenni-O prepared Turkey Burgers, seasoned

Light Mayonnaise

Mustard

4 Orowheat Sandwich Thin Buns

2 Cups fresh Baby Spinach Leaves

1.  Preheat grill to medium high heat.  Place oil into a large skillet over medium heat.  Saute onions and peppers for 7-10 minutes or until softened and golden.  Reduce heat to low.

2.  Grill turkey burgers until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side depending how thick each burger is.  Lightly spread mayonnaise and mustard onto buns and place burgers on bottom bun.  Top burgers with spinach and caramelized onions and peppers.  Close with top bun and eat!

__________________________________

Loved the sunset in Corona Del Mar last night!

Who else saw “Valentine’s Day” over the weekend?  Thoughts on it?  Have a great Monday :)

Comments

Such a gorgeous sunset! We love the sandwich thins…we go thru tons of them every week!

Pam says:

Wow! That looks delicious! And the sunset is gorgeous! Just huge piles of snow here!

Meghan says:

These look so delicious! I love turkey burgers and sweet peppers – yum!

I saw “Valentine’s Day” too! I thought it was a less-cohesive version of “Love Actually.” I was a bit disappointed, but I didn’t really expect too much. There were cute and funny parts though, and my husband gets major points for going with me :) :) :)

Lol! I know I saw Love Actually, but am blanking on who was in it? Yah, it definitely wasn’t the best movie around, but entertaining none the less. Major points to the guys for taking us!!

I love the “bun” that the burger is on! I want to see that movie, but I am sure that it will be a renter for us!

Kimball and I saw Valentine’s Day…OK. Liked seeing so many great actors but hated that they put McSteamy and that other guy together at the end. The audience was saying “no no no” praying they wouldn’t show a kiss.
    Love Jennifer Garner and for once I even like Ashton.

Lol! We thought the exact same thing about the movie! Had they just changed those few scenes it would have been so much better!! We were totally entertained though :) Tell the kids we say Hello! Would have loved to drop Valentine’s Day goodies off to you guys :)

Autumn Twig says:

Wow, this looks great. I’ve never tried it before but now I think i will :) thank you

Molly says:

Oh, yum! This is my kind of sandwich. I caramelized a ton of onions last night for our Valentine pizza. Delicious!

pattyann says:

Wow, This looks delish! I think I am off to the store for the peppers. No costco in our area, but the regular store should do. Thank you so much for all the recipes. We have tried several that they have all been ones the girls enjoyed.

Debbie says:

I didn’t see that movie, but i saw “When in Rome” so cute!!!!

This sandwhich looks so taste…I can’t wait to try it.

BTW who won the visa gift card????

TIffany says:

Yummy!!

I am not sure which I like better… The awesome recipe or the incredible Sunset!?!

Kim says:

We love the sandwich thin buns also! Although I loved all of the actors in ‘Valentine’s Day’, I wouldn’t care to see it again. ‘When In Rome’ and ‘Leap Year’ were much better!

Agnes says:

Spot on with this write-up, I actually feel this site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!