Mar
2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Crunch Truffles…

Tags: , ,

Desserts

It’s Monday again, I feel like I write this often!  Hope everyone had a nice weekend.  We are enjoying my family visiting from AZ this week for their spring break.  We’ll be running around about town, should be fun!

I came up with this fun idea last week that I think you and the kids will just LOVE!  We do peanut butter and jelly combos so much around here, that I love coming up with new PB&J creations.  This is a no brainer recipe that is fun, delicious and one that the kids can get in the kitchen to help with.

This recipe only contains 4 ingredients, so you can whip up these babies in about 10 minutes flat!  Take a peek, I know you’ll enjoy these :)

1.  Crush your package of granola bars with a rolling pin.

2.  Add your ingredients to a bowl and mix.

3.  Add powdered sugar, mix and roll your truffles.  That’s it!

Aren’t they pretty?  Who would guess 10 minutes?  Not me :)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Crunch Truffles

1/2 Cup creamy or crunchy Peanut Butter

1/2 Cup strawberry preserves, or your favorite jam or jelly

1 package Nature Valley Oats and Honey Crunchy Granola bars (1 package, 2 bars)

3/4 Cup powdered sugar plus 1/4 cup for rolling truffles

1.  Place peanut butter and jelly into a mixing.  Crush granola bars with a rolling pin while still in package.  Open and pour into peanut butter and jelly bowl.  Mix until well combined then slowly stir in 3/4 Cup powdered sugar until combined.  Take 1 inch pieces of mixture and roll into balls.  Roll each ball into remaining 1/4 Cup powdered sugar then place into paper cups. Refrigerate or serve room temperature.

about 16 truffles

___________________________________

Watched the sunset last night at Corona Del Mar Beach with my family.  Gorgeous night!

Another shot I am in LOVE with.  Might have to frame this one of the boys too!

If you’d like to see more of my sunset pics from last night click HERE, it’s my new “life in OC” tab :)

______________________

Have a great new week!  Come back soon for more good eatin’!

Comments

Gorgeous sunset photos! I so wish I lived there!

How fun and easy! I’ll definitely make these for my two girls :-)

TIffany says:

I might get in some trouble with these… They look delish!! I can’t wait to try some of your recent goodies this week with Lil Man.

Have a great week Jenny!

*tiffany

What a great truffle idea! Do they end up getting mushy, if you don’t refridgerate them?

Hi Ally,
      They don’t get mushy at room temperature, but stay soft. The crushed granola keeps it’s crunch. I like them both ways, chilled and room temp. Give both ways a try!!

CookiePie says:

Oh YUM – I want one right now!!!!

Yum! And great photos too! I want to go to the beach, no fair!

Julie says:

These just sing to my soul! I know I’d never be able to stop eating them !

Tawny says:

LOVE how easy and yummy these truffles sound! I am printing that post! Also, don’t you love those napkins! I stocked up at Cost Plus and am scared to use them…I don’t want spills. Perfect choice for the photo!

Dana says:

This is great! This is so easy for my girl scouts to do!

joanne says:

As soon as I saw PB+J in the title, I had to bookmark these. Then I read the recipe and bookmarked them again. For good measure.

Great photos!

You’re so creative. Way to fancy up some PB&J. Sorry I have been a stranger!!!

Niki says:

Oooooh! All ingredients that I love! Think I might make these today!
    Cute napkins, btw!

Rhonda says:

Can you just use loose granola? How much granola do the crushed granola bars make? I have organic granola on hand but not granola bars.

I actually have a package of those exact granola bars in my cupboard that I have been keeping around for months…now I have a reason to use them! Thanks!

Sara says:

Genuis! There is a very good chance that I’ll be making these tonight. :)

Memoria says:

What lovely photos. Treasure these moments you have with your kids. You are very fortunate.

These truffles look delicious. What a great idea!

Debbie says:

I’m going to have to give these a try with my grandchildren. That’s a precious picture of your children at the beach…headed there myself next week. My corned beef and cabbage are cooking away in the crock pot as I type. It smells soooooooo good! Enjoy your St. Patrick’s Day and come join me for Crock Pot Wednesday if you can.

Gala says:

Wow that’s a quick treat and it sounds delicious, especially with the added granola!

Fuji Mama says:

Oh wow, if I make these for my kids they’ll feel like they’ve won the lottery! How could you NOT love these? Too fun!

Missy says:

Yummy!! I will definitely try these!! Congrats on being featured on Tasty Kitchen!

Debbi says:

These look great! We love PB&J!

Erin says:

Where did you get those darling napkins???? LOVE them!

Hi Erin,
      I found the napkins at Cost Plus World Market. One of my favorite places to shop for cute kitchen stuff! I just got them, so I’m sure they’ll still have them :)

Barbara says:

Interesting truffles, Jenny. I bet they have great appeal for your kids too!
    (Your napkins are a breath of spring!)

Tickled Red says:

Gorgeous sunset photos! The truffles look delicious.

Bob says:

That’s awesome! I’m sending it to my sister with 4 kids, they will love it.

Yes, I love all these flavors and how simple this recipe is!! Great colors, love that springtime print!

I was going to ask about the linens, too! So cute!

I think my husband would do tricks for these truffles!Yum!

Patty says:

What a fantastic take on the classic PB&J! Thanks for posting!

Shari says:

This was obviously a very good way to spend 10 minutes! Gorgeous results!!

Christina says:

I made these last night, both Strawberry and Grape flavored. Weird thing happened, the strawberry turned a bit runny, totally not roll-able. So I added more sugar and granola bar to firm them up a bit. I also refrigerated both of them before I rolled them to make it easier. Great tasting recipe! I’m sure the ones I left at home for my kids will be gone by the time I get home from work!

Gaby says:

I have a feeling if I made these they might disappear before anyone even would get to try them!! They look delish – love the photo too! xo

Jessica B. says:

Yummy! I passed around to friends. I had the same issue as Christina in regards to texture. Had to add a 2nd packet of granola, lots more sugar and a bit more PB. Is chilling in fridge right now to try and firm up. I used the ED Smith Jam from Costco (Blueberry, Raspberr, Pomegranate) which def. gave me a darker color than your pics but seems tasty! Maybe it is a runnier jam? Not sure!

sharon says:

Gorgeous beach photos! This is such a fun and easy to whip up recipe…great for a last minute dessert.

Great post can you recommend any forums to join?

Jennifer says:

Loved this recipe. Easy and quick. I then made it a second time with some substitutions. which turned out REALLY good too! I substituted 1/4 cup honey for the jam and 1 cup of loose granola for the granola bar. I like them chilled.

Jaime says:

yum! those are so cute

Tara says:

Just made these. They are chilling in the fridge so I have yet to taste them. Needed a quick dessert idea to serve guests and found this off http://www.foodgawker.com. Neat idea! We always have these ingredients on hand!

Anna S. says:

wow! these look really good! have you ever made “pecan balls”? they look similar to these and they are delicious! And thanks for telling me about the frosting…i can’t wait to make that cake!!! Oh by the way…i’m not sure if you remember priscilla from priscillabakes.blogspot.com well i’m her sister! :)
    You make amazing recipes! they all look soooo good!!!

Ashley says:

Ooooh now this looks fantastic! What a great idea for a truffle :)

Very cool! Not just for kids though. BTW, not only are we both food bloggers named Jenny….I have the same silverware too. Too funny.
    Your blog rocks…I love your recipes!

Cheryl Newton says:

I am just blown away by your ability to make up (by your very own self) such yummy concoctions! What a talent you have. And I love, love, love your flatware. Where did you get it???!!!!

[...] Peanut Butter and Jelly Crunch Truffles | Picky Palate [...]

Sydne says:

These are amazing. i made these for my grandparents, my grandma is lactose intolerant, so these are perfect for her. they are so good….. i could have eaten the entire batch. no joke.

Melissa says:

I just got done whipping these up, I used all natural peanut butter, and they were a bit runny; still delicious though! I could so see myself using this as a spread or something to mix in my oatmeal. Yumm!

Tremendous things here. I’m very happy to look your post. Thank you a lot and I’m taking a look ahead to contact you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

[...] Picky Palate’s Peanut Butter and Jelly Crunch Truffles [...]

[...] Culinary Concoctions by Peabody Peanut Butter & Jelly Parfaits by Welcome Home Desmoines Peanut Butter & Jelly Crunch Truffles by Picky Palate Peanut Butter & Jelly Puffs by Cheryl [...]