Apr
2010

L.A. Bake Sale…

What a weekend!  I had the opportunity of joining a fabulous group of L.A. Food Bloggers for the National Food Bloggers Bake Sale to raise money for the Share our Strength Foundation.  Gabi Dalkin of What’s Gaby Cooking did an incredible job of putting this all together, the girl is amazing.  We were set up in swanky Hollywood at Morel’s French Steakhouse and Bistro at the Grove.  Gorgeous upstairs patio location. Bloggers and culinary professionals from around LA brought the most beautiful baked goods I have ever seen.  L.A. raised over $2400 for the SOS Foundation!  Take a peek at our day and all the AMAZING treats!!

Marla (Family Fresh Cooking), Jenny (Picky Palate), Rachael (La Fuji Mama), Jen (Devour The World) Picture from Gaby of What’s  Gaby Cooking

Me and my goodies :)

Rachael sorting through bake sale goodies and Esi from Dishing Up Delights :)  Love these ladies!

This is the adorable Sherry Yard, Wolfgang Puck’s Executive Pastry Chef for Spago

By 11:00am Rachael and I realized we both hadn’t had breakfast, what better place to grab a bit to eat than at Morels?! Jen joined us too.  YUM, this place was incredible.  Our dishes were so pretty that we took photos!!  Mine was the quiche….fabulous!

Some of us ladies stopped for a quick pic at the bake sale….Left Jen, Rachael, Gabi, Me, Cathy and Carrie

Picky Palate Bake Sale Goodies

Strawberry Milk Chipsters

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies

Giant Chocolate Chip M&M Cookies….recipe coming soon!

_________________________________________

Need a quick dinner tonight?  I just started doing some cooking videos with GoodBite.com, check out my latest 5 ingredient Brown Rice Dinner HERE :)

Have a wonderful Monday!  Come back tomorrow for a new recipe :)

Comments

sibylle says:

wow great! would have loved to join in!!
    what a wonderful idea!!!!
    warm regards from geneva/switzerland
    sibylle

What a wonderful bake sale and for a good cause! Ha – the only time I hear about the “Grove” (since I live in IA) is when I see it on TMZ! I know trashy TV….great job!

Great re-cap, loved spending time with you. Thanks for driving up to LA. Talk to you soon! xo

Michelle says:

Wow, what a great turnout and so many delicious items too.

Donna says:

That look’s incredible- great job!

Heather says:

Such a wonderful event! Everything looked absolutely delicious! Great photo’s and congrats on everything.

carolyn wall says:

I just have a question…in the pic where the cupcakes are on the cupcake stand, is that spoons attached to small plates or what? That is the cutest thing! We had a bake sale at my church this weekend and I try to bag my stuff up where it is pleasing to the eye….I would love to see more of this kind of stuff…cute ideas! Thanks

carrian says:

Oh, I wish I could have gone to that!

It looks like all of you had such a good time! What a great event!

Kerstin says:

What an awesome event! Your goodies look delicious :)

Esi says:

Yay! Such a wonderful day. Glad I got to see you again :) I looove that last picture of you ladies.

Tracy says:

Looks like you all had a lot of fun! All the goodies look wonderful!!

Wish I could of been at your sale too. Congrats on a job well done! We had a great time in Utah too:)

What a beautiful treats you made for the bake sale! It looks and sounds it was a huge success.

Sounds like a great event and for such a good cause! Reminds me of my years in LA.

maggy says:

Wow! Great job, ladies. Very impressive spread of baked goods. Wish I could have been there!

Rachelle says:

Way to go on the bake sale! Everything looks great!

All I can say is, “WOW!” Everything is packaged beautifully. I hope you had a amazing time and I am sure you are proud of your accomplishments! :)