May
2010

XXL M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tags: , , , ,

Cookies

It’s Monday!!   I am getting myself packed up and ready for the Bertolli LA trip tomorrow.  So excited to stay in a nice hotel, meet Rocco DiSpirito and some fabulous bloggers and kick my heels up for a couple days!!  I’ll be sure to post pictures of the trip later this week :)

Now for some cookies!  So excited to share these giant Bakery worthy M&M cookies with you guys :)  Listen up….go find yourself one of these Muffin Top Pans pictured below, they make the B-E-S-T giant cookies ever!!  Check it out…

So this is the Muffin Top Pan by Cuisinart.  I picked this one up at TJ Maxx for 6.99!  If you’ve got a TJ Maxx or Marshalls near by, go try to find one.  I’m telling you, these pans are awesome for making giant cookies!  If you can’t find them, I found some online HERE you can check out :)  I’m on the hunt for a couple more myself!

Once you’ve got your muffin top pan, go get a nice bag of M&M’s!!

Now, scoop a heaping 1/4 Cup of cookie dough into each of the muffin cups and press down.

Pour your M&M’s…

and press onto tops of cookies…

bake and….

Mmmmm!  Wait until you try this recipe, just recently put it together and LOVE it!  The cookies are great chilled too!

XXL M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 sticks softened butter

3/4 Cup sugar

1 Cup packed light brown sugar

2 extra large eggs

2 Tablespoons pure vanilla

3 3/4 Cups all purpose flour

1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

12 oz bag chocolate chips

1 bag M&M’s (you’ll have some left over)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer beat the butter and sugars until well beaten.  Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined.  Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix.  Slowly add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips.  Do not mix in M&M’s!!

2.  Scoop 1/4 Cup of dough and press into a muffin top pan (or just press onto a parchment or silpat lined cookie sheet).  Now, press your M&M’s onto pressed cookies.  This way they won’t break apart!!  Bake for 12-15 minutes, until edges just start to turn golden brown.  Let cool for 10 minutes on muffin top pan or cookie sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.  Grab a tall glass of milk and EAT until your hearts content :)

About 18 XXL cookies!

____________________________________

Happy Baking!  See y’all soon!!

Comments

Amanda :) says:

YUM!!! You are bringing these tomorrow, right??! :D :D :D

natalie says:

oh yum, these look great! bet they’d make some pretty good ice cream sandwiches too!!

That is such a great idea – I never thought to use the muffin top tins!

Jannett says:

What a great idea….going to a couple of these today… :)Great photos…

I gotta get a couple of these pans. I made the ugliest cookies in the world and these look very fool proof. Thanks!

Maggy says:

These M&M cookies look incredible! And are epic in size.

Julia says:

I mean honestly…So freaking good! M&M cookies are my absolute favorite cookie, yes, sometimes I have the tastebuds of a 5 year old and a proud of it! Oh and TJ Maxx, done and done. I hit that place up all the time and get the best kitchen stuff. Can’t WAIT to make these.

Pat says:

Look so yummy. Safe travels and have a wonderful time!

Heather says:

These look soooo yummy! I have this same pan and I love it! It works great to make cookie sandwiches too. Of course, XXL cookie sandwiches. Have a super great time in LA. I can’t wait to hear how everything goes. Make sure to get a good pic of Rocco. ;)

Those look amazing! Love the muffin to pan idea, I need to find one of those!

I want that pan! So fun!

Fallon says:

I like the muffin pan idea!!!

oh dear Lord, how am i supposed to exhibit self-control when i have your fabulous and beautiful blog to read? :) seriously, these cookies look amazing!

roxan says:

What a great idea, thanks!

LilSis says:

These are gorgeous M&M cookies! I love that pan, too! Sounds like you’re in for a fun couple of days. Can’t wait to see the photos.

Sara says:

You had me at “XXL M&M.” :) That pan is so cool. I had no idea they made muffin top pans. Using it to make cookies is genius.

megan says:

Looks like I’m going shopping! Those are fun giant cookies!

bigbaker says:

wow! what inspired you to come up with this method?!

Brilliant! I have been meaning to make a trip to Marshall’s…you have sealed my fate…off to Marshall’s. Your photography looks great too!

molly says:

so cool!!!! how did you come up with this idea? i would have never thought… :) can’t wait to try

I’ve never heard of or seen a cookie baking tray. What a great idea for getting perfectly shaped cookies. Yum!

Aggie says:

Oh I want one of these! I’ve never seen them before! So do you normally make muffins in them? The cookies look amazing!

What a fun pan and delicious cookies. Have a great time at the Bertolli event!

Rachelle says:

Oooh I love thicker cookies! Great idea using that pan!
    Have a fun getaway, gosh it’s just 2 hrs from me…

Amanda says:

Oh I will be looking on amazon for one (or two or three!) of those pans! That’s awesome. bet we’ll be seeing a bunch of these type of cookies around now. LOL Even cookies that want to spread, can’t!

Tracy says:

What a fun way to bake cookies! They look great!

Nicole, RD says:

What a great idea to use the tin! :) They look SO good!

Cookies in muffin tins….just brilliant!! Have a wonderful trip to LA!! Can’t wait to catch up and hear stories :) xo

Katrina says:

How are those XXL cookies. Love that for a name. And love the pan and now I MUST go find one or two.
    Have fun with Bertolli/Rocco. I had the pleasure of going to the Night in Napa for the SF Food BlogHer conference last Sept. Really fun (even though I don’t even drink) and it was awesome to meet Rocco!

Fuji Mama says:

I love the idea of using the muffin top pan to make the giant cookies!! That is truly awesome. Then you never have kids arguing that their brother’s/sister’s cookie is bigger than theirs. Now if I just count out the exact number of chocolate chips and M&Ms for each cookie, then I’ll have solved the argument that one sibling’s cookie has more chocolate/candy than theirs. :)

cindy says:

do you use google analytics for your ideas? what’s SOOOO funny is that i’ve been searching this EXACT topic all week. i think you’ll be seeing my searches. ROFL ROFL….AM I RIGHT??!

Heidi says:

I have the muffin top pan and I use mine mainly for whoopie pie cakes. Perfect size and thickness. But now I’m excited to use it for chocolate chip cookies. It looks like your cookies turned out really thick. Just how I like them. Can’t wait to try it. But yeah, I’m going to have to invest in another muffin top pan if I like the idea because otherwise it would take forever to bake a few dozen cookies! Thanks for the idea!

Stacey says:

Oh wow, those look good!

Sharlene says:

I’m putting in an order for muffin top tins ASAP. I didn’t even know they exist!

Rick says:

Must say, I have to get a muffin top pan now!

Kaitlin says:

Genius!!

As soon as I saw the photos, I guessed that you had baked these in the muffin top tins. What a fantastic idea!!

Krista says:

Oooh. These look awesome! What a great way to use that muffin top pan. Have a wonderful trip!

Memoria says:

I agree with the second commenter. These cookies would make great ice cream sandwiches! I’m going to look for these muffin top pans! Thanks! Have a safe and fun trip to LA! I know you will. :)

What an awesome idea to use the muffin top pan for the cookies! I never thought of that before!

xo

Pam Ivbuls says:

I love how these cookies are so perfectly shaped. And who doesn’t love a jumbo-sized cookie! They look scrumptious.

I have one of those pans but never thought to make cookies in it. (Another duh moment for me.) I will definitely try these. YUM!

vanillasugar says:

oh girl i love me some big cookies, and you know i’ve been on a big cookie baking spree.
    have fun in la. details, we want details!

Julie M. says:

It’s so funny how i was looking at those cookies and thinking, “now Jenny, how the heck did you get your cookies so well rounded” and then I scrolled down and went, “ahhh.” Have a fun time with Rocco.

Helen says:

These look amazing. Very colourful! I need to get me one of those pans!

judy says:

i’ve been searching walmart and target since i enjoyed a cranberry-orange muffin top at atlanta bread co. when i checked out bed bath and beyond i not only found the pan, Chicago Metallic $14.99 but also bumped into another pan seeker who told me about your website. like what i see and will return to your site. oh and hello again to the nice customer i met at bb&b.

Judy, Welcome to Picky Palate!! What a fun story, too funny that you bumped into one of my readers looking for the same pan! You will love using the pan for cookies, let me know how your muffins and cookies turn out :). Thanks for sharing your story!

Barbara says:

Oooooo..been thinking of these all day long. Stopped at TJ Maxx for the pans, no go. But I found a bunch at Home Goods for $9.99/each. Can’t wait to try out this recipe- yippeeee!!!!!!

OMG…these cookies look amazing! I would love to have one of those right now! Yum!

Allie says:

YUM! I can’t wait to try these :)

Julie says:

I love those pans for the cookies…just perfect!

Jamie says:

Me and my girls will have so much fun making these this summer. Now, I’m on the hunt for those pans. TJ Maxx here I come.