Good Thursday everyone!! I am practically jumping out of my old computer seat dying to share my latest cookie with you 🙂 A week or so ago as I was making the boys an ice cream shake, I started thinking…..hmmm I wonder how vanilla ice cream would work out in chocolate chip cookies? Well, can I just tell you it worked, and it’s over the top INCREDIBLE! I used a creamy all natural vanilla ice cream by Breyers. I really think any vanilla ice cream would work just fine.
So, what you’ll taste is a delicious very “vanilla-y” flavored chocolate chip cookie. They are soft and perfect. Can’t wait for you all to try this recipe, it was so much fun creating it. I took like 5000 pictures, bear with me I had to share a ton of them 🙂
Have fun baking!!
Here’s the line up of most of the ingredients. Your basics, plus….ICE CREAM!
Cream your butter and sugars as usual.
Mix in your large eggs.
And your pure vanilla.
Here’s where the fun begins, get a nice big scoop of your favorite Vanilla Ice Cream. Measures as a heaping 1/2 Cup.
Our options are endless, can you imagine some other ice cream flavors? Can’t wait to experiment!
Add in your dry ingredients.
And your favorite bag of chocolate chips 🙂
Mix until just combined.
Voila’ ready for the cookie sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 9-11 minutes.
Ice Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 Cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons pure vanilla
- Heaping 1/2 Cup vanilla ice cream (frozen from container)
- 4 Cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a stand or electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add in eggs and vanilla until well combined. Add in ice cream until combined.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix. Add to wet ingredients along with the chocolate chips; mix until just combined. With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until cookies are cooked through. Let cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Serve with a marashino cherry on top 🙂
3-4 dozen cookies
Enjoy! Have a fabulous Memorial Day Weekend 🙂 See you soon with a new recipe!!
FOLLOW PICKY PALATE ON INSTAGRAM! Show me what recipes you're making from Picky Palate by using #pickypalate.