Jun
2010

Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers

Cookies

Wahoo, it’s Thursday already!!  Hope everyone is having  a great week :)

Does everyone else have kids who BEG for all the sugary cereal like mine do?!  It is a constant battle with my two :)  We don’t buy it all the time, but I caved in last week and picked up some good ol’ Cap’n Crunch. Before my boys devoured the entire box within a day, I created a cookie with bits of Cap’n Crunch inside!  Can I just say these are so crazy good.  I typically get rid of all my goodies after I sample, but holy cow I had at least a half dozen of these.  I love the little crispy bits of Cap’n Crunch in each bite of cookie.  Just wait till you try these :)

Hope you all enjoy!!

Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers

7 Tablespoons softened butter

1/2 Cup granulated sugar

1/2 Cup packed light brown sugar

1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter

1 egg

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

1 Cup all purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup Cap’n Crunch Cereal, crushed with rolling pin

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until well combined.  Beat in peanut butter until combined then beat in the egg and vanilla.

2.  In a large bowl mix the flour baking soda and salt.  Slowly add to wet ingredients on slow speed.  Add in Cap’n Crunch Cereal until just combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet.  With the tines of a fork, press gently forming a criss cross shape over tops.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until baked to your liking.

2 1/2 dozen cookies

______________________________________

Happy Baking :)  See you soon!

Comments

Amanda :) says:

Uh oh- if Kevin sees this, I know what I’m making tonight! Cap’n Crunch is his favorite cereal too! They look super, super yummy! :)

sibylle says:

They look so delicious!!!
    Greetings from Geneva,
    Sibylle

Lora says:

These are inspired. Love ‘em.

I love cereal in baking – so yummy!

Carolin says:

Oh my, anything with Captain Crunch is good, have to make these! Thanks for all your wonderful recipes.

What a delicious cookie, sorry you can not find peanut butter here in Brazil, so easily. I used Google Translator.
    Beijos
    Patty Martins

@aquinacozinha

Helen says:

These look lovely. Cereal in cookies is the best thing. It adds that extra crunch. What a great pressie for Father’s Day!

I’ll definately be trying these! This was my fav cereal growing up! Yummo! Can’t wait to go to the grocery!

I don’t know about katherine’s dad, but I would enjoy these for sure!!!

Jennifurla says:

great idea, nice! I bet the cereal tasted great with those.

Monica H says:

Ha ha! She left me a comment on my blog asking for the same thing. I just posted two Cap’n crunch recipes for her. Well looks like she has more to choose from now!

~Monica

Jocelyn says:

omg… peanut butter + captin crunch! You have blended two of my very favorite things!! :) Yummy!

Katrina says:

Awesome, love stuff like this. You could also use the PB Cap’n Crunch and kick up the pb even more.

I’m going to try your ice cream chocolate chip cookies today.

Brandi says:

Wow! Those look good. And I’m loving the new photography! :)

Emma says:

i love captain crunch, these cookies look delicious!

Katherine says:

When is the last time anyone saw a recipe like this on a blog? Wow, can’t wait to make these treats!

Alyson says:

Love the picture! Looks like the Captain himself can’t wait to gobble them up!!! The look delish :)

Kristina says:

I love using cereal to bake with!! I’ve been thinking of using my Peanut Butter Puffins (kinda like PB Cap’n, my favorite!!) in a cookie or bar… :)

I love all of your photos, always… but today especially, neat views. :)

Jessica B. says:

I was thinking of you yesterday as we enjoyed a “rain morning” housebound. I made Peanut Butter Playdough (1 cup peanut butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/2 cup honey…mix and play! Put out edible decorations to make it more fun: pretzels, raisins, chocolate chips etc) and let the kids create masterpieces with our new Star Wars Cookie Cutters! Love the Cap’n Crunch idea!

Cyndi says:

Oh yeah I’m definitely trying these!

Anna says:

Hmmm, sounds delicious and the perfect cookie…for breakfast! :)

Maggie says:

At our house, we call sugary cereals “weekend cereal.” The girls (6 & 8) are allowed to eat it (one bowl) on any weekend day only (and vacation). That way, it avoids the “please, please, please.” They know just when they can have it and don’t bother to ask other times. And sometimes they forget! And despite the fact that that we have no less than 8 varieties of non-weekend cereal at any given time, we only buy one kind of weekend cereal at a time. No trying a new flavor until the old one is gone.

Terri Ab says:

Capn Crunch is my favorite cereal! These look terrific, although having the rest of the box of cereal in my house might not be a good idea, since I myself can finish a box off in two days.

Tracy says:

Cute! Love cereal cookies! :-)

Michelle says:

So cute! Love the idea of adding the Capt Crunch!

These sound awesome! I can’t wait to try them!

I also need to pick up that honey roasted peanut butter I see!

Maggy says:

These are great! And I absolutely LOVE the photo with the cookies and the box in the background. COOL!

Oh my goodness…I’m in love with this recipe! Cap’n Crunch was one of my favorite cereals growing up! I’m sure I would devour these in a heartbeat!

Melissa says:

I can’t wait to try these! I’ve been looking for a recipe using this cereal for ages. :-)

You always come up with the most kid-friendly treats using cereal!

Sarah says:

I love the versatility of Captain Crunch. I’ve used it to bread french toast with in the past, and even chicken. Have you tried either?

Stacey says:

We just made these and since all we had in our home was PB Cap’n Crunch we used that instead. They are very yummy! I can’t wait to try using crushed Cap’n Crunch on other things too. The french toast idea sounds so good.

Jamie says:

I haven’t had Cap’n Crunch in years. It was one of my favorite cereals growing up. I’m going to have my girls help me make these cookies. I love the photo of the ceral box in the background with the cookies in front…..very cool!

OMG yum! My husband would go nuts over these cookies ^_^

Fuji Mama says:

I think I’m the one with the sugary cereal problem–that’s why I never buy it! If I have a small bowl, I can’t restrain myself from having follow bowls… But maybe I could have enough self-control to get the cereal into some cookies…

erin says:

Another successful bake from a Picky Palate recipe!! These are DELICIOUS! This makes recipe three from the site for me… so far, no problems. Awesome!!

erin says:

Mandy says:

how yummy! I’ve got a box of Cap’n crunch in the cupboard, we’ll have to try these today!

Sherrie B says:

These are, without a doubt, the best peanut butter cookies EVER! The Cap’n Crunch cereal gives the moist cookie a nice little crisp in each chewy bite! What a wonderful idea adding cereal to the cookies. Can’t wait to try the Cinnamon Toast Crunch recipe too. Jenny, you inspire me to bake even more than I already do! :)

Tammy says:

My husband loves peanut butter cookies, so whenever I find a fun, new recipe I have to try them out. I made these today and LOVED them! They have a nice crispy outside and chewy inside; they don’t fall apart when you dip in milk; and they have a fantastic peanut-buttery flavor. I will definitely be making these again. I’ve posted pictures of them on my flickr site, and added a link to your blog. Thanks for sharing!!!

ivoryhut says:

What an awesome idea to incorporate cereal in the cookies! I’m going to have to try this, since we have someone at home who loves cereal AND cookies. Lovely photos!

I made these and they were yummy. My cereal didn’t stay crunchy though. I never seem to have good luck when adding cereal to cookies. BTW, your Strawberry Milk Chipsters were fun, and the kids and kid-at-heart adults scooped those up at my bake sale. Thanks for the fun recipes!

[...] Due to my upset nature over the cookie, I violently deleted the photos.  Here is the recipe and some wonderful pictures if you would like to try the recipe.  http://picky-palate.com/2010/06/10/capn-crunch-peanut-butter-cookie-stackers/ [...]

kristen says:

are these a chewy or crispy cookie?

I think I’m going to try these today. I wonder how they would taste with another cereal in them? Rice Krispies maybe? I’ll let you know how it turns out! This is the funnest recipe I have seen in a while! Thanks!

By the way, I DID try them! And they were so yummy! They’re totally perfect with a Saturday night video rental. I did make mine with Rice Krispies instead of Cap’n Crunch, and I wish I had used a touch more butter, but a total success overall. I might have to try the Cap’n Crunch version, now, just to say I did! Check out my post about it here: http://www.jensfavoritecookies.com/2012/02/18/peanut-butter-krispie-cookies/

[...] I found this recipe at Picky Palate, but changed it slightly to suit my purposes.  And my [...]

[...] Cap’n Crunch Peanut Butter Cookie Stackers [...]

Hayley says:

I’d like to say I was perfectly fine never knowing this recipe existed until now (well, my thighs were, but I wasn’t) but I am TOTALLY making this tonight with the slightly stale cereal I have in my pantry because my thighs and I just can’t resist. SO yummy!

rostik924 says: