Jun
2010

Ice Cream Sundae Brownies

Tags: , ,

Desserts

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Some of you may have gotten a preview of this post Friday morning….I hit the “publish” tab waaaaay too early :)

So, you knew once I tried ice cream inside of cookies that I wasn’t stopping there right?!!  These devilish brownies are equally as decadent as those cookies.  I’m talking perfectly crisp edges, chewy centers, thick, ultra CHOCOLATY and down right delicious!  The beauty of this recipe is you can personalize it with your family’s favorite ice cream.  I sat in front of the ice cream section for 5 minutes before I could decide what flavor to choose :)

Enough talking from me….go try these….TODAY!!

Here’s your line-up of ingredients (minus the hot fudge)  Ben and Jerry’s “Phish Food” was an awesome pick I must say :)

Add all of your goodies to the brownie mix….*Please note:  I did not add the water since I added the ice cream and hot fudge*

Ice cream time!!

Scoop in that beautiful ice cream!!  I added a heaping 1/2 cup!

Add some chocolate chips :)

….and some hot fudge, well when I added it, it was cold from the fridge :)

yes, hot fudge!!

mmmm!

Pour into prepared 9×13 inch baking dish.  I always line mine with foil. You can pull the foil right out, cut into squares MUCH easier and it’s one less dish to wash :)

It’s bake time!!

Ahhhhh, no words needed :)

How cute is this parchment paper?!  I found it at Crate&Barrel. They are actually burger liners, but I cut them into squares and LOVE them for my brownies :)  I believe they were $4.99.

Ice Cream Sundae Brownies

1 box Brownie Mix

2 eggs

1/2 Cup canola or vegetable oil

Heaping 1/2 Cup of your favorite Ice Cream (I used Ben and Jerry’s Phish Food)

1 1/2 Cups chocolate chips

1/4 Cup hot fudge topping (chilled)

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the brownie mix, 2 eggs and oil until combined…and thick.  I did NOT add the water.  Scoop in ice cream, chocolate chips and hot fudge; mix until combined.  Pour into a foil lined 9×13 inch baking dish that’s been GENEROUSLY sprayed with cooking spray.  More is better here :)  Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center.

2.  Let cool completely.  Remove foil from baking dish, cut into squares and serve.

12 brownies

Comments

sibylle says:

wow!! they look incredibly yummy!
    how fun to combine the recipe with icecream!!!
    greetings from Geneva/Switzerland,
    Sibylle

That must be one of the moistest brownies ever! I wonder where you gonna use ice crem next ;)!

Phish Food is my favorite Ben and Jerry’s flavor!! I love how you have been baking with ice cream. It has to be delicious.

Molly says:

Oh my word, Jenny! Decadent doesn’t even begin to describe how insane those look!!!

Barbara says:

I just happened to be looking for a recipe to make for my husband for our anniversary tonight. These look fabulous. Can’t wait to try them.

Niki says:

I bet these would be great w/ some peanut butter and chocolate ice cream! I’m not the biggest box mix fan, but I’m sure I can sub the milk I used in my mix for the ice cream!

You amaze me with what you come up with! These look amazing!

Ellie W says:

Wow these look great. I love coming here to see what new stuff you’ve cooked up. I found you through one of Amanda’s posts (from Kevin and Amanda) and so glad I did! I share your site everywhere!
    Hugs, Ellie

You are killing me with these ice cream posts. YUM!

Heather says:

These look amazing Jenny! And who would have thought to add ice cream to brownies…of course you! These look sinful, but so good! :)

Jocelyn says:

Ok..I am drewling over here!!! Those look INSANE!

Michele says:

Why do you do this to us so early in the morning! Those look delicious.

Joan says:

My butt just got bigger looking at the pictures. What a great idea!

Sara says:

Wow, they look so ooey, gooey and delicious! I have some ice cream that I need to use up, so I see your ice cream cookies in my future. :)

Ginger says:

OMG Jenny!!!!!! Now I have to try these!! I just made your salted caramel chocolate LA cookies yesterday, but now I’m going to have to make these brownies too!

Marie says:

Oh Man! These look SO good. I am totally going to try this!

Kylie says:

This is such a good idea! Those look delicious and decadent and sinful!!!!

Amber says:

How do you stay so skinny?!? I just look at your website and gain at least a pound. All the recipes i have tried from your site have been to die for. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and i LOVE phish food! Best ice cream EVER!!

Kristina says:

wow. I have a BBQ to go to today, and was JUST wondering what I could add to brownies… Hmm.

very serendipitous, I think. I saw your other post with ice cream, thought you were NUTS (in a GOOD way, of course, like a genius…) and these look even better. wow.

and I love Phish Food.

OMG, OMG, I am almost speechless. These are awesome and genius!!

Katrina says:

Because of the tightness of my pants, I gotta stop coming here! ;)
    The cookies were great! The brownies look even better.

Helen says:

These look so moist and squishy, the ice cream must be the secret ingredient. I think I might add ice cream to everything I bake now!

Becki D says:

Good grief, woman! AMAZINGLY AWESOME IDEA. Phish Food + Brownies HAS to = HeAvEn!

Tiffany says:

CAN NOT WAIT to try these. gonna try it with some mint chocolate chip ice cream… YUM!

Amanda :) says:

*hyperventilating* !!!

bonggamom says:

Ooh, how yummy! I’m looking forward to meeting you at the McDonald’s event this week!

bonggamom

Everything you post is sinfully delicious!

Tiffany says:

Oh NO! As if the monster cookie wasn’t enough now you come up with this!!! AMAZING! Can’t wait to try them this week!

Bridgett says:

Oh my…of course I have to come visit when I am having a hormonal chocolate craving and see these amazing brownies. What a cool idea to add the ice cream into the mix, PLUS some chocolate sauce. Talk about heaven. I love how gooey and delicious they turn out. Send a few my way!

Angela says:

My son picked out Imagine Whirled Peace, a Ben and Jerry’s flavor with a carmel ice cream base, for me add to these. They are divine!! He and his friends gave them 2 thumbs up and said they would give the brownies three thumbs up if they had them.

Oh my goodness! Those look SO divine! I’ll be keeping this on hand for the next time I have to take a dish somewhere. I’m imagining mint chocolate chip ice cream… Yum!

Those look like the most decadent, gooey-ist (it’s a word – I’m sure of it) brownies I’ve ever seen. The ice cream method is one I must try!

maggy says:

These brownies look so delicious! Would never have thought to put ice cream in brownies, but I just might be a convert!

Misty says:

My mouth literally started watering when I saw the photo of these! I will have to make them now.. thanks for the recipe!

Love Phish Food!!! What a great idea!

Amanda says:

I never usually post a comment on here…just usually look. BUT these look SOOOOO good!

Becky says:

Are you kidding? I am so in love and MUST try these!

Seriously, I think I will just hot glue it to my thighs. I’m certain that’s were it will end up anyways :)

That’s only my FAVORITE ice cream!!! Oh wow, you have inspired me.

Oh my goodness…excuse me as a drool over your photo and recipe. Wow, these look amazing!

Livia says:

I’m a brownie monster and those look delicious. No, those look orgasmic. Hmmmmmm . . .

Mrs. L says:

Oh Yum. Makes me wish I still had some fudge sitting in the fridge. Must remember to not eat spoonfuls next time and try this recipe!

Carol says:

I was going to comment sooner but I had to put my eyeballs back into the sockets…..that photo of those over-the-top-ultra-rich-ooey-gooey-decadent-squares-of-beautifuk-brownies caused them to pop right out!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….Jenny, you’re a genius! Another recipe onto the “to try soon” pile. :)

I am intrigued by the addition of the ice-cream!!!

Fuji Mama says:

Ok, that does it. Your a genius. I NEVER would have thought of putting ice cream in a brownie mix…but it makes so much sense! These look absolutely incredibly off the charts blow your mind amazing!!! I WILL be making them THIS weekend. I would be making them right now, but I’m going to have to make a trip to the grocery store to get 1 or 2 things first. Bummer!

Lori says:

These turn out very moist and delicious, just the way a brownie should! I love how you can mix up the recipe if you wanted to. Next time I think I’ll try adding white chocolate chips, caramel (instead of hot fudge) and a cheesecake brownie ice cream! Thanks for the recipe!

Lori says:

How can these be stored (since the contain ice cream)? The only reason they will need to be stored is because my husband and I can’t eat an entire pan. Well we can, just shouldnt :)

Thanks!

Janet says:

Made these today for Father’s Day, using Dreyer’s Mint Brownie ice cream. They were amazingly delicious!! Everybody loved them. Can’t wait to try the ice cream cookies :)

Oh. Good. Gracious.

Jason says:

WOW! That is an amazing brownies! Once I saw the Ben and Jerry’s ice cream, I was sold. ;)