Jun
2010

White Chocolate PB&J Muddy Mix

Tags: , , , , ,

Appetizers and Sides

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great Father’s Day weekend :)  We took the boys to see Toy Story 3 Saturday evening and I was a mess, did you guys see it?  Talk about a tear jerker!  I haven’t cried like that in a movie in a long time.  How embarrassing.  We LOVED it, can’t wait to buy it on video :)

So, I’ve got a great kid friendly snack for you today.  We all love our traditional “puppy chow” or “muddy mix” so I’ve created a Peanut Butter and Jelly version that you guys are going to LOVE!  I’m talking white chocolate, peanut butter and jelly mixed up with honey nut chex cereal and powdered sugar….yum.

Easy, perfect for summer and great for getting the kids in the kitchen to make a midday snack :)  Hope you all enjoy!

Here’s the line up of ingredients

Oh man, I love this cereal, measure out 9 cups :)

I used Sarris’s White Chocolate Bloc and chopped it up, but you can also use white chocolate chips

Add you chocolate, peanut butter, jelly and butter into a microwave safe bowl and heat until melted.

perfect, nice and melted.  Now stir until well combined.

Pour your cereal into a giant mixing bowl…

Pour in your melted chocolate mixture…

Give it a big stir :)

Time to shake it up!!

Yes!  Now munch!

White Chocolate PB&J Muddy Mix

9 Cups Honey Nut Chex (or any chex variety you like)

3/4 Cup chopped white chocolate or white chocolate chips

1/2 Cup creamy peanut butter

1/4 Cup strawberry jam

2 Tablespoons butter

2 Cups powdered sugar

1.  Place chex cereal in a large mixing bowl.  Place chocolate, peanut butter, jam and butter into a microwavable safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until melted.  Stir then pour into bowl of cereal.  Mix well then divide mixture into 2 large ziplock bags.  Pour in 1 Cup powdered sugar into each ziplock.  Close bags and shake until cereal is coated.  Pour into a large bowl and serve.

Serves A LOT!

________________________________________

Have  a great new week, see you soon!

Comments

Lora says:

Love this idea. Very creative wit the flavors.

I can’t wait to see Toy Story 3, my friend also cried like a baby ;) That’s yummy stuff what you did there!!!

I would love this with white chocolate! I could eat it by the bucket full with milk chocolate, and I’m sure it would be the same with white. Yum!

Amy says:

Can’t wait to see Toy Story 3. I have a feeling this treat will be a favorite of my son’s…he’s all about PB&J. Thanks for sharing it.

OMG, you seriously just stopped me and made me put my coffee down. We are HUGE puppy chow fans here, but since my hubby doesn’t like chocolate he always passes…but THIS, holy cow! I cannot wait to make this!

Sue says:

This sounds great! I have been toying with the idea of rocky road puppy chow, but haven’t been able to figure out how to do it. If you have any ideas please let me know.

Big shock. You making a PB&J recipe! Just kidding, all that you make are great ideas and delicious! Thanks for another one.

I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one crying at the movie! It was so good! Also always love your recipes!

This looks very addicting!

Yummm! I’ve never made a puppy chow mix, but I’ve seen it before. I may just have to attempt this, since it looks pretty fail-proof.

Sara says:

You and your pb&j! Good thing I LOVE pb&J…this sounds fabulous.:)

Lizzy says:

I love the variation what is already such an amazing snack! I’m going to try it with the strawberry freezer jam I just made this weekend.

Amanda says:

Looks delicious! You definetly were not the only one to cry at the movie I was bawling my eyes out. Such a good movie!!!!

i would have ZERO self-control around this…what an incredible snack!

I’m glad I’m not the only one who cried!!! Thanks for validating me! This recipe is an interesting twist on puppy chow- I’ll have to try it.

You are the queen of PB&J creativity when it comes to recipes. I love this recipe!

Pam says:

This sounds great! Nothing like peanut butter. Good movie too!

holly says:

This looks REALLY Good!!!! My kids will love it!

Wow, this looks insanely good! Awesome snack!

We are fans of puppy chow ~ this is a must try!

Yvonne says:

I recently had the traditional muddy buddies and realized I had forgotten just how tasty they are! They are addicting! I will definitely try this, but without the jelly – do you think they will still turn out if I just omit the jelly? I am not a PB & J fan, but I am definitely a white chocolate and peanut butter fan for sure! Love your website – you’ve got great recipes!

Fuji Mama says:

Woot! I always look forward to your PB&J recipes, and you didn’t disappoint with this one! I love the traditional muddy buddy mix and so I know I’ll love this one too!

Krista says:

Oooh! Like puppy chow, but with jelly. I’m lovin’ it!

Jennifurla says:

I am so making this!

We saw Toy Story 3 this afternoon and it definitely was a tear-jerker. I would have loved a bag of this treat with me in the movie theatre.

Yafit says:

WOW…………………
    You are amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!
    A great recipe !!!!!!!!!!!
    What a great idea – Love it :-)))))))
    Have a wonderful week
    Kisses from Israel !!!!
    Yafit

Jacqueline says:

I just became a blogger myself two months ago and I never realized anything about leaving comments until then. I have been following you for some time. My sister turned me on to your site. I don’t just read, I make your food. We have had so much fun with your recipes before I even knew what food blogs were. Then I got to see you on TV and I was telling me husband to come and watch you on the Food Network. Thanks for all of your inspiration. We are both bloggers now.

Gaby says:

I am certain that if I made this I would have to hide it from myself because it would be gone in 10 seconds!!!!! I love the flavors! omg yum

JDaniel4's Mom says:

This looks awesome. I love peanut butter and jelly.

Jessica Gray says:

I love little munchy treats like this! Can’t wait to try it!
    And I cried at Toy Story as well! It was so good!

Missy says:

I was reading your recipe and was sooo suprised to see that you used Sarris’ white chocolate. We live close by(will actually be stopping there tomorrow) and I was tickled to see it. Their chocolate is the best!

PS I was holding my sleeping 2 year-old son while watching Toy Story and I lost it. Not giving anything away when I talk about all of them holding hands, but that KILLED me and I was done for the rest of the movie. Thank goodness for the 3D glasses!

I cannot WAIT to make these! I’ve always made the traditional chocolate/powdered sugar muddy buddies and my kids love them, but these look addictive.

Your blog is wonderful, can’t wait to keep reading!

Margo says:

This recipe looks like such fun. It simply has to be included in the next kids birthday party we have around here. Thanks for the inspiration!

I had something similar once, but it was called “Texas Trash” – it was a Christmas gift, and boy was it addictive. I love this kind of stuff! So more-ish!

Laura says:

Such a great idea and a nice change to the puppy chow mix, but would recommend using regular Rice Chex instead of the Honey Nut. I tried this last night and the Honey Nut is a little more crunchy at first, but makes it taste stale like the day after. Still yummy to eat though. You so own a patent on my taste buds.

Natasha says:

I always loved this as a kid, but I’ve never had it with the jam. I will definitely have to try it!

Marcela says:

I am excited about this recipe because it is made with white chocolate but do you have substitute ideas for those allergic to PB?

ivoryhut says:

What pretty photos! We’re big white chocolate fans here, and I love the use of PB&J!

Lindsey says:

I love muddy buddies and these look amazing! Can’t wait to try it!

I love the powdered sugar “snow” on this decadent treat! I could imagine grabbing handfuls with a big smile on my face :)

zerrin says:

A great creativity here! Perfect snacks!

megan says:

My 15 year old is going camping with a friend and her family, and this is a great snack to pack for her to take along. She loves puppy chow and this would be a fun recipe to try out on her!

Will Martin says:

I had never heard of this but made it this weekend and it was a big hit for our jam night. But how could it go wrong its penut butter and jelly.

Sarah says:

Muddy mix is one of the few foods I eat uncontrollably. As dangerous as it may be, I can’t wait to try your twist on the recipe! :) Thanks for sharing!

Qtorrents says:

Holy Moly that looks delicious.

4th of July says:

[...] also made Key Lime Pie ice cream, which I found over at My Recipes and I made this really simple PB&J Muddy Mix thanks to Picky Palate! And as I said before, it was a great time had by all! Here are just a few [...]

Jim says:

This recipe is…AMAZING!! My only recommendations are to change the Honey Nut Chex to Regular Rice Chex, substitute the white chocolate with milk chocolate, and forget the strawberry jam all together.

But other than that LOVE IT!

Talk to you later foxy ladaayy

Emma says:

Only in America…

Amanda says:

This will always be a favorite!