Jun
2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup!

Dinner

Hi everyone, so glad it’s Thursday!  Weekend is almost here.  Can hardly believe this is the last week of school for the boys.  This year seriously flew.  We are looking forward to summer though, can’t wait actually :)

This soup was created for a fun Challenge going on right now on my Giveaway page.  Check it out HERE :)  I LOVE this soup.  I wasn’t sure how it would turn out.  It was one of those ideas that sounded great in my mind and I was hoping it tasted as good as I imagined.  I was thrilled when I took a bite, it’s delicious.  The soup got 2 thumbs up from the boys too.  Lately they are tough to please, so I was glad when they gobbled up their bowls.

So, think BBQ Chicken Pizza in soup form.  It really tastes just like a BBQ Chicken Pizza, I will be making this soup on a regular basis now.  The best part is, you can get it done in about 15 minutes.  LOVE it!

Hope you enjoy :)

Here are your ingredients.  I ended up using only 1 can of corn, so disregard the second can :)

Chop up your onions…

Saute until softened….

Add your corn….

Add your chicken…

Give it a good stir….

Season….

Next comes the chicken broth…

And some BBQ sauce, just a little goes a long way.  I only used 1/4 Cup for the whole pot.  That was perfect.

Add lots of fresh cilantro then simmer :)

Now, eat!!

BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 medium onion, finely chopped

2 Tablespoons fresh minced garlic

11 oz can corn with peppers, drained

2 12 oz cans Swanson’s Chicken, drained

1 1/2 Cups Chicken Broth

1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce

1/2 teaspoon kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper

1/4 teaspoon Lawry’s Garlic Salt

1/2 Cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

1.  Heat oil into a medium pot over medium heat.  When hot, saute onions for 5 minutes or until softened.  Stir in garlic, corn and chicken breast; mix to combine.  Pour in chicken broth, BBQ sauce, salt, pepper, garlic salt and cilantro leaves.   Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.  Garnish each bowl with a fresh sprig of cilantro.

4-6 servings

Comments

We love BBQ chicken anything in this house! We would love this.

Kim in MD says:

What a fabulous idea! This would be a great way to use leftover chicken, although I’m going to have to wait for cooler weather to try it (it is just too darn hot here in Maryland-yesterday was 96 degrees)! This will definately be a “must try” soup for Fall! :-)

This looks fantastic! I love the combination! Thanks!

Carol says:

A bowl of this soup would make me a very happy person. What a great recipe, Jenny.

Sara says:

BBQ chicken and pizza are two of my favorite foods. Sounds wonderful!

Vicki says:

I love bbq chicken, sounds yummy!

Mona says:

Yummmm! I’ll be making that one! Who cares if it’s 112 degrees here. That soup looks delish! So we have ice cold lemonade with it, right?

That looks so yummy.. I love your site! I get hungry everytime I look at it. Ha! :)

Carrie says:

That looks so delicious! If the weather wasn’t so hot I’d make it right away. :-)

cathy says:

our favorite is chicken noodle soup and chicken salad mmmmmmmm good stuff

Suzy says:

YUM! That sounds really good!

Beth says:

I wonder how this would taste with taco seasoning.

Aubri says:

I usually don’t make soup during the summer…but I’m so excited about this…I think that it will go on my menu this week! You are brilliant! I have your smores brownies baking in my oven right now and I’m really excited about those too! Thanks for the great recipes!

Tracy says:

I totally want to make this, only I’d probably slow-cook a whole chicken and then use some of that in the soup. Yum!

ivoryhut says:

I love soup, and I love BBQ Chicken Pizza. This sounds like a winner to me!

I love, love, love this recipe! BBQ Chicken is one of my favorite types of pizza. Plus, soup is one of my favorite types of meals. I know I would fall head over heels in love with this dish at first bite!

Mikalisa says:

OMG!! Made this soup and the kitchen smelled amazing!!! So easy…and YUMMY! Gone in 30 secs flat! lol. Made ure feta sun dried tomato turkey sliders to go along w/ it. Let my fam worship me here 4 a l’il bit then will pass on ure recipes. lol. Thank you!!

Jenny, I love your addition of BBQ sauce here. Sounds so tasty. I think my kiddos would love it too!! xo

Russanne says:

Just made it for dinner! It was great. It is really yummy with pinto beans added too!

carrian says:

it’s blazing hot out, but soup sounds so good for dinner. i just need to convince the hubby. although i did just deliver a baby 2 days ago so it should be my choice right? haha

We made this last night for dinner….SOOOOOOOO good we loved it definatly making it again

Andrea says:

To the comment left about adding taco seasoning… I actually did! I added a couple more ingredients as well.. I added pinto beans, taco seasoning and fire roasted tomatoes, and crinkle cut carrots. I actually used rotisserie (spelling ?) as well. It was FABULOUS! Thanks for the idea on the BBQ soup- keep the recipes coming- love them all :)

One of my favorite pizzas in a soup. Love it!

renae says:

This looks so good! What a fantastic idea. I buy that canned chicken by the truckload at Costco for my boys and have run out of ideas for it…this is perfect!

Jessica B. says:

Made this soup last night despite 95 degree heat! Topped it with a sprinkling of sharp cheddar and served with pizza breadsticks for dipping. YUM YUM YUM!

I made this the other night, and it was insanely good. The only changes I made were (1) to add some orzo to make the soup “stretch” (would’ve added a can of black beans if I’d had one), and (2) no cilantro (didn’t have any, and don’t really like the taste). Husband had seconds, and I was really looking forward to lunch the next day to have the leftovers…until I saw he’d taken them with him to work. So I give this an A+.

April says:

I made this soup the other night for dinner….it was amazing and easy! :)

How did I miss this one?! Yum – I make a BBQ chicken chili that is similar – looks great!

Som says:

I made this last night and it was amazing! My husband even loved it and he isn’t a fan of BBQ sauce. We will definitely make again! So easy and quick!

Definitely planning to add this to our menu for next week – looks delicious!

Tannis says:

This was dinner tonight. Very tasty! I added more chicken broth, BBQ sauce and some noodles to stretch it a bit.

Lori Lynn says:

That recipe looks really good. I bookmarked it, b/c I want to try it!

Yum! YUM! I could not resist adding this as a Tasty Tuesday pick for our Winter Wonderland Recipes – Thank you for such a wonderful blog!

Mary says:

I just made this for my friends who were over to watch The Bachelor. Everyone agreed it was totally different but amazing! Thanks!

Aubri says:

I’ve been looking for easy, healthy recipes and decided to try this. It was REALLY good…and it took about 10 minutes to throw together. We loved it! Thank you!

[...] BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup Recipe from Picky Palate [...]

Karen says:

Just made this for dinner! Served it with homemade cornbread and my children loved it! Thanks again for another great recipe!

[...] Barbecue Chicken Pizza Soup from Picky Palate – the best part about this yummy recipe?  You can make it in about 15 minutes! [...]

Kari H. says:

Oh this was so good and my kids ate every bite! YUMMY!!!!

Mandy says:

This was SOOOOOO good! It was gone in no time….definitely a keeper recipe…thanks!

Hilary says:

Great recipe! I made a couple of changes because I didn’t have a can of peppers and corn so I just used frozen corn and chopped up a green pepper and sauted it with the onion. I also had some leftover rice in the fridge so I threw that in there too for a little more substance! Turned out great! Served it with Garlic French Bread!

Katrina says:

Made it tonight and I love it! I especially love that it’s a quick recipe!!

Sarah says:

We just made this for dinner tonight and it was delicious! Everyone loved it. Thanks for all the great recipes, I love your site.

Diana B. says:

A friend made this and shared the link, so I checked it out…this looks DELICIOUS!! I think I may even try it this week in the crock-pot!! I will definitely be following your blog now!!

Andrea says:

I made this tonight for my boyfriend for dinner. It was so easy and so good! Thank you so much for an amazing recipe!

Robin says:

I intend to throw this in my crockpot tonight while at football practice for 2 hours! Thanks Jenny. Your cookbook ….WOW. You must be so proud.

Emily says:

I made this yesterday for lunch, but it wasn’t much of a fit for my family. I think that chipotle in adobo sauce might be a good substitute for the bbq sauce though.

[...] Slow cooker BBQ chicken soup [...]

[...] to my surprise, I found a recipe that sounded like it fit my craving perfectly: BBQ Chicken Pizza Soup.  Even better, I had all the ingredients on hand, except for fresh cilantro.  I put two [...]