These Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars are the perfect fall dessert full of pumpkin pie spice and caramel! They’re quick to prepare, gorgeous on a serving tray and absolutely delicious!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin bars are the perfect dessert for your upcoming parties. My addition of salted caramel makes them irresistible! These bars are similar to pumpkin dump cake, but made into bite size bars that are great for snacking.
Ingredients You’ll Need For Pumpkin Bars
- yellow butter cake mix- I use Pillsbury or Duncan Hines box mix.
- salted butter– I generally use salted butter for my cooking and baking, but unsalted works just fine too.
- large eggs- For consistency, use large eggs for your cooking and baking.
- pumpkin puree– When searching for pumpkin puree, make sure the can does not say pumpkin pie filling. Should only be pumpkin puree.
- evaporated milk– Evaporated milk is generally found in the baking section of the grocery store. Usually found by the sweentened condensed milk.
- ground cinnamon– Ground cinnamon is a great spice perfect with pumpkin recipes. Find it in the spices section of the grocery store.
- ground nutmeg– Ground nutmeg can also be found in the spices section of the grocery store. It can be purchased in whole pieces that you grate yourself, or it will come already ground.
- graham crackers– Find the graham crackers usually in the cookie isle of the grocery store.
- salted caramel sauce– I love the salted caramel sauce from Trader Joe’s if you have a store near you. Otherwise, any salted caramel from your grocery store is just fine.
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a half sheet pan (18×13-inches) with cooking spray.
- Place pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, caramel sauce, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared sheet pan.
- Sprinkle cake mix over top then drizzle evenly with melted butter. Top with crushed graham crackers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool before cutting into squares.
- Before serving, drizzle each bar with warmed salted caramel sauce. You can also serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Where Can I Find Good Prepared Salted Caramel?
Find a great caramel sauce to use for your bars. I really enjoy the Trader Joe’s jar of Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce. It’s the most lovely salted caramel that can easily be warmed in the microwave for drizzling on top. You can also check your grocery store’s ice cream topping isle. Any ice cream caramel sauce will do the trick. It doesn’t need to be a salted caramel.
Pour caramel sauce into mixing bowl.
What is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spices include ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves generally. For my recipe I used just cinnamon and nutmeg. Feel free to add pinches of ground ginger, allspice and cloves if desired.
What Size is a Half Sheet Pan?
A half sheet pan is 18×13-inches. Half sheet pans are for large rectangular-shaped cakes that is normally served at a party or any time a crowd is expected. They’re great for family gatherings and Holidays. Half sheet cakes are available in the bakery department of most large supermarkets as well as in bakeries.
Top evenly with cake mix, butter and crushed graham crackers before baking. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Drizzle each bar with warmed salted caramel and my favorite way to enjoy these bars is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
How To Serve Pumpkin Bars
Serve bars room temperature at your upcoming party during the Fall. You can also serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream on top.
How To Store Leftovers
Store any leftover bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars
- half sheet pan
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- mixing spoon
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree such as Libby's
- 10 ounce can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box Butter Golden or Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 9 full graham crackers coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a half sheet pan (18x13-inches) with cooking spray.
- Place pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, caramel sauce, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle cake mix over top then drizzle evenly with melted butter. Top with crushed graham crackers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool before cutting into squares. Before serving, drizzle each bar with warmed salted caramel sauce. You can also serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.