These Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars are the perfect fall dessert! They’re quick to prepare, gorgeous on a serving tray and absolutely delicious!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars
Pumpkin bars are the perfect dessert for your upcoming parties. My addition of salted caramel makes them irresistible! These bars are similar to pumpkin dump cake, but made into bite size bars that are great for snacking. My Oreo Pumpkin No Bake Cheesecake also makes the perfect dessert for your Holiday table!
Be sure to follow Picky Palate on Instagram for sneak peeks on what’s coming to the blog!
Ingredients You’ll Need For Pumpkin Bars
Simple ingredients you are likely to have on hand is all you’ll need for this recipe.
How to Make Perfect Pumpkin Bars
Start by adding the pumpkin, evaporated milk and eggs to a large mixing bowl.
Sugar goes into the bowl next.
Where Can I Find Salted Caramel?
Find a great caramel sauce to use for your bars. I really enjoy the Trader Joe’s jar of Fleur de Sel Caramel Sauce. It’s the most lovely salted caramel that can easily be warmed in the microwave for drizzling on top. You can also check your grocery store’s ice cream topping isle. Any ice cream caramel sauce will do the trick. It doesn’t need to be a salted caramel.
About 1/4 cup salted caramel up next!
What is Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin Pie Spices include ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves generally. For my recipe I used just cinnamon and nutmeg. Feel free to add pinches of ground ginger, allspice and cloves if desired.
Pour pumpkin mixture into a half sheet size pan.
What Size is a Half Sheet Pan?
A half sheet pan is 18×13-inches. Half sheet pans are for large rectangular-shaped cakes that is normally served at a party or any time a crowd is expected. They’re great for family gatherings and Holidays. Half sheet cakes are available in the bakery department of most large supermarkets as well as in bakeries.
Top evenly with dry cake mix.
Carefully pour melted butter evenly over top of cake mix.
Crushed graham crackers get sprinkled on top before baking.
Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Drizzle each bar with warmed salted caramel and my favorite way to enjoy these bars is with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
….oh and more salted caramel. Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars
- 15 ounce can pumpkin puree such as Libby's
- 10 ounce can evaporated milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce I used Trader Joe's brand
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 box Butter Golden or Yellow Cake Mix
- 2 sticks melted butter
- 9 full graham crackers coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a half sheet pan (18x13-inches) with cooking spray.
- Place pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, caramel sauce, cinnamon and nutmeg into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Pour into prepared sheet pan. Sprinkle cake mix over top then drizzle evenly with melted butter. Top with crushed graham crackers.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until baked through. Let cool before cutting into squares. Before serving, drizzle each bar with warmed salted caramel sauce. You can also serve with a dollop of whipped cream or scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Pin Salted Caramel Pumpkin Bars