Don't miss a single recipe from Picky Palate: sign up for my weekly newsletter

Aug
2010

Chocolate Cake S’mores Cookies

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Woohoo it’s Thursday!  That means I am waking up in NYC for the rest of the weekend.  I can’t tell you how excited I am about being in NYC, I’ll tell you all about it when I get back :)

For now, go grab the kids and whip up a batch of these killer cookies.  Last Sunday afternoon the boys and I made these cookies together, we devoured these so fast!  I didn’t plan on posting the recipe because they are so simple, but after one bite I knew I had to share.

I’m talking a basic devils food cake mix people.  You don’t even need your mixer for this recipe.  Minimal dishes here :)

Try for yourself….see if you love thees as much as we did :)

Chocolate Cake S’mores Cookies

1 box devil’s food cake mix

2 eggs

1/4 Cup brown sugar

1/2 Cup melted butter (1 stick)

3 Hershey’s Chocolate bars, cut into rectangles

1 1/2 Cups mini marshmallows

1 1/2 Cups graham crackers, cut up into small pieces

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, brown sugar and butter until combined.  With a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Press cookies into little discs to flatten slightly.  On each cookie press a chocolate bar, a couple marshmallows and a couple graham cracker pieces.  Bake for 11-13 minutes or until cooked through.

2.  Remove and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.  Serve with milk and enjoy!

about 3 dozen cookies

____________________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  I’ll be eating my way through NYC, See you soon :)

Comments

ginabmg says:

I made you chocolate chip smores cookies last weekend for a going away party. They were a HUGE hit! Can’t wait to try these! Thanks!

GENIUS. i can’t wait to make these immediately!

How can these not be amazingly delicious!? S’mores in the title? Graham crackers, marshmallows and Hersheys on top of each cookie? We’re so sold.

I really need to stop reading your blog at 7am. Before I read it, I’m content with a bowl of Cheerios…afterwards, I’m craving cookies, cakes, and chocolate chip pancakes.

Fallon says:

I love these! Great trick using boxed caked mix. I’ll use this recipe when I need something QUICK!

Sheena says:

Does it have to be a Devil’s Food cake mix or could I use any chocolate cake mix? They look so good I want to try them and I have a milk chocolate cake mix in the cupboard.

I love cake mix cookies – they’re so quick but you can do so many different things! Have fun in NYC. :)

Such a cute idea. They look delicious!

teresa says:

Oh Jenny!
    I know your boys LOVED making these!
    And I know they were some kind of GOOD!
    Your home must stay smellin’ so sweet!
    Have a FAB time in NYC!
    xo

Allie says:

These look delicious! I can’t wait to try them :)

Joanne says:

I assume this means you are going to be at BlogHer! Hope to meet you there!

Wendy Fugal says:

Who can say no to marshmallows and chocolate? I will have to give these a try very soon!

Angie says:

These look amazing! We made s’mores a few nights in a row this week. These look like so much fun, we’ll have to try them.

Celeste says:

What a great idea! I bet they were delicious!

Kayla says:

Your kids are so cute!

Love it!! Such a fun idea and recipe!

HCG Vital says:

thank goodness for my program http://bit.ly/amFvSr !! I love cookies and these look fabulous!! I can eat them without feeling guilty!

Kirstin says:

ooh. looks yummy! is it a cakey cookie or more like a cookie cookie?

Love that we don’t even need a mixer for these treats! Fun seeing the boys help mom in the kitchen. Are they having a great summer or what!!

Kim in MD says:

These look amazing, and so simple to make! Have fun at BlogHer in NYC!

Julie says:

These cookies look so naughty and wonderful! I’m seriously drooling!

Stacie says:

I don’t generally get too carried away with cookies, but I could have eaten one right after the other! Sooo yummy!

Alisa says:

Yum! My son would love this, cant wait to try this soon!

Raquel says:

My kids love smores and would love being able to have these treats even when we are not by a fire.

Jennifer G. says:

Jenny…your website should have some sort of pregnant woman disclaimer…I want to eat everything you have on here!!! Lol…thank you for all the wonder recipes…

Cake mix cookies are one of my faves! Great combo idea! :)

Eliana says:

Oh lordy – these could not look mor perfect. I absolitely love them :)

These look wonderful. Great pics!

Tracy says:

Whenever I visit your blog, I always feel like you’re trying to fatten me up, haha. There’s no way I can resist these!

Michelle says:

Such cute photos and I bet everyone had a great time making these cookies!

When I have my kitchen back I am making these!

These are so beautiful! I think I’ll make these for a birthday next week and turn them into ice cream sandwiches.

Oh my goodness…these look awesome!

There really aren’t words to describe how amazing these look!!!!

GIRL….you are DANGEROUS!!!

What a treat these would be. No wonder your son looks so happy!

Megan says:

What a great cookie!

Aimee says:

My husband’s favorite treat is a s’more, so we’ll definitely be trying these out. I featured you here!

[...] puppets, get your spooky stories ready, sing some camp songs, and heat up your oven for the best Chocolate Cake S’mores. I found these delicious delights on one of my new favorite bloggies, Picky-Palate.com. My mouth is [...]

8. I found your blog via engine search and as I study them although, I was stunned by the phrases you are choosing from. It really affects my personal views in life.

Carrie says:

I just tried this recipe today and it was so quick and simple. I used my muffin top pans and the cookies came out perfectly. Thank you for this wonderful recipe!

[...] Chocolate Cake S’mores Cookies: (seen in picture above) Made with a box of devil’s food cake mix, eggs, brown sugar, butter, chocolate bar pieces, mini marshmallows and graham crackers. Recipe and photo from Jenny Flake at Picky Palate. [...]

Molly says:

I love it!! Gooey marshmallows and cookies! what could be better?! These are so cute and look super tasty :)

Suzanne says:

Just made these cookies with my 5 year old and 3 year old (they did most of the work). They are so delicious! Yummy! And so simple, too. The kids loved making and eating them. I used a medium cookie scoop and they were HUGE. Haha. Oh well, still awesome. Thanks for another super awesome recipe. =)

Katie says:

DELICIOUS! I made these into bars (I was feeling lazy!) They turned out nice and gooey, not quite as pretty as yours, but they still look great and my house smells divine! I think my husband just fell in love with me all over again. ;)
    Thank you for the awesome (and easy!!) recipe!

Heather says:

These are delicious and so easy to make! Thanks so much!

[…] 3.2.1303 Adapted from Picky Palate  […]