Aug
2010

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

Tags: , , , , ,

Desserts

Can I just say this recipe will be a forever family favorite of ours?!  The boys and I wanted a fun treat for our family night this week and with some searching in the pantry and fridge, this is what we came up with!  5 simple ingredients and magic happened :)

I seriously can’t wait for you guys to try this out, tastes just like little Oreo Cheesecakes with a Pretzel crunch.  Rummage through your pantries and get the kids in the kitchen, these are too much fun not to try!

So, here you have Pretzels, cream cheese (only 1 oz), 7 whole Oreos, some chopped chocolate and white sprinkles.

Here are the stars of the show :)

Break out your food processor and pulvorize those Oreos :)

Next comes the cream cheese.  No need to soften it; just stir it right in.  After a few minutes, the oreo mixture will turn into dough.

I formed about 1 Tablespoon of the dough into a square, pressed it onto a pretzel bottom then closed it with another pretzel.  Easy :)

Melt your chocolate.  Either from a chocolate bark like mine from Sarris Candies, or even chocolate chips will work.

Go crazy with these cute little sprinkles.

Ta-da :)  We didn’t even wait until the chocolate hardened.  Yummy either way.

Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites

7 whole Oreo Cookies

1 oz cold cream cheese

24 square pretzels

1 Cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips, melted

White Sprinkles

1.  Place Oreos into a food processor and process until finely ground.  Mix Oreo crumbs and cream cheese until dough forms.  Pinch 1 Tablespoon of dough and form into a little square.  Place onto pretzel then gently press top pretzel to close.  Top with melted chocolate and white sprinkles.  Chill until chocolate has hardened and serve.

12 Pretzel Bites

_________________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend, see you soon!

Comments

These are just adorable! So perfect for a party.

Oh man, those little things look delicious!!! My mouth is watering over here. Ha!

Very cute, Jenny! You’re such a cute Mom. I could never think up stuff like this :)

Heather says:

How absolutely adorable are these?! Such a cute idea Jenny! Perfect little bite size dessert for a party. I have to give these a try.

You always come up with the most creative treats! Love these!

Stephanie says:

How does your whole family not weigh 800 pounds?? You’re always making these fabulous looking desserts!! :)

JulieD says:

Wow! I’m speechless…great recipe. I love Oreo truffles and this would be great with the salty/sweet combo. thanks!

These look delicious! I have all these things at home right now. I will be making these this weekend.

Ooohhh….those are so cute!!

Going Jane says:

Mmmmmm….I might try these for the bake sale I’m taking stuff to this weekend….

beth h says:

How awesome!! These are very much like my oreo cheesecake recipe! LOL
    I put the pretzels in the food processor along with a few oreos..add a little butter, use them for the crust, bake at 375* for 6-10 min. then I put half the oreos in the food processor, take them, a package of cream cheese, a cup of sugar, a tsp of mexican vanilla & 2/3 of the LARGE tub of cool whip and whip it all together. Put it on top of the cooled crust, top it with the rest of the whipped cream, chopped oreos & drizzle chocolate syrup (or melted chocolate) it is DIVINE!! <3

i don’t really love pretzels, but these are the cutest, most awesome things EVER! i love the white sprinkles too…beautiful!

Tauni says:

Wow. These look delightful! Not only that they look pretty simple too!!!

eatingRD says:

Those are too darn cute! Had to RT I love the salty sweet chocolate combo mmmm and anything mini and cute

YUM! I just recently found your blog and am LOVING IT!!! Looks like I know what I’ll be making on Sunday for our Family Home Evening treat!

Danielle H. says:

Okay, you’re killing my hips!!! I make something similar and it’s a huge hit too. You use the same pretzels and put a Rolo candy on top. Put them on a cookie sheet and pop them in the oven just a few seconds until the rolo melts a little and then take out of the oven and put another pretzel on top. Deliciousness! Thanks for all the great recipes. Got my muffin top pan last week and have been the rock star cookie maker!

Danielle H. says:

Whoops — you don’t put another pretzel on them when they come out of the oven. You put a pecan half — it’s just like a chocolate turtle candy. What was I thinking :)

How cute! These would be fun and easy to take to a party.

Kerstin says:

What cute little easy treats – love it!

Shannon says:

Made these about an hour ago. Ran right up to the store to buy all of the ingredients. I bought the Lindt Sea Salt chocolate bars and melted them down, and I used the rainbow sprinkles I already had. THEY ARE DELICIOUS.

Margie says:

Too cute, can’t wait to surprise my Son with these yummy treats! Thanks :)

Becky O. says:

These look so good and are adorable. I’m a sucker for oreos…can’t imagine it with the salty, crunchy pretzel goodness. Great idea.

Jordyn says:

Oh my goodness! I loooove pretzels…I am sure the salty flavor of the pretzels with the oreos is sooo good!

sophia says:

EVERYTHING about this blog– the design, the food, the voice, the spunk, the pictures…all screams ADORABLE and ENDEARING to me. Love, love this blog. Love, love the combo of sweet + salty in that pretzel bite.

I love the sweet and salty! These look great!

Zerique says:

looks absolutely amazing and i cant wait to try it out!!!

Kim in MD says:

I DITTO the above comments (especially Sophia’s)! This looks amazing, and your blog is a must read everyday! :-)

Lauren says:

Oh I love this idea! I love salty-sweet combos. I make the Oreo/cream cheese mixture into balls and dip them into chocolate. They are always a hit, but I don’t love the melted chocolate. This will be right up my alley. I can’t wait to try these. Awesome ideas as always, Jenny!

kirstin says:

Oh my goodness……these look amazing! Going to try them!!

OK, now my tummy is grumbling like crazy. Those Oreo cookies blended with the cream cheese sound amazing. This is such a creative recipe, I love the sweet with the salty pretzels :) xo

These look so awesome!! Yum. I have seen so many cute ideas with these little square pretzels…I need to pick some up and see what I can do with them!!
    Thanks for sharing your creativiity!

Michelle says:

What a cute idea and a great treat for Sunday Football!

These look so amazing! I could probably eat at least 10 of them right now. No joke.

Tracy says:

I love how dainty and cute these look!!

I have made the Oreo Truffles before, but never these. WOW. I can’t wait to try!!!

I’m pretty sure I could eat the Oreo dough by itself! These look like the perfect salty-sweet snack! Thanks for sharing :)

OMG this post made me drool! You come up with the most creative, delicious looking recipes :) Need to make these in the near future!

[...] Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites (jenny @ picky palate) [...]

these look off the Richter scale!!! wow!!!!!!!

[...] Oreo Cheesecake Pretzel Bites (from Picky Palate) I’m even more of a sucker for cheesecake with Oreos. And, hello? Pretzels? These little treats look amazing! [...]

Becca says:

Thanks to our mutual friend, Michelle (The Brown-Eyed Baker), you now have a new fan. Her last blog post shared a link to these adorable looking bits of Heavenly YUMALICIOUS with me. I look forward to reading more of your posts very soon!

MsJBoring says:

Mmmm… This sounds so yummy! I’ll definitely have to give this a try! Thanks!

Sweet, salty, crunchy, chocolaty and no oven involved? Brilliant! Thanks so much- I need to try these!

Kayla says:

Cute little recipe! Will have to try!

Girl, these are amazing! I love cheesecake and Oreos together, throw in pretzels and oh my!

Those look so good!!! I’m definitely going to have to try them with my kids.
    Also, I’m guessing at some point you lived in Western PA? I grew up in Western PA & my kids & I love Sarris’ chocolate!

Kimm Geria says:

Wow those look yummy and how easy to make. Will have to make these with the kiddos.

margie says:

I didn’t know about this one, but just made them and they were great!
    I only used the 7 oreos to try them and then went ahead and used the whole package.

Thanks for an easy and fun recipe!

I actually giggled when I saw these b/c they are so darned cute.

Angie says:

I was drooling over these the other day and didn’t get a chance to tell you how wonderful they are! Your so creative, and we would love these sweet salty creations too.