Sep
2010

Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookie-wiches

Tags: , , ,

Cookies

Meet my Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookie-wiches!  Aren’t they the cutest little things?

I had to run across the street to our local Gelson’s market last week when I ran out of butter (who does that?) and as I was waiting behind the slowest customer in the entire store when my eyes glanced over to the beautiful cheese display to my right.  It was then when I saw these adorable little “Petits Toasts” right above the cheeses. I quickly snatched a package before my turn to check out.  I had a zillion things in mind that I could do with these cute little toasts.

When the boys had a friend over a couple days ago I told them I’d make them some warm cookies for a snack.  I took my cookie dough out from the fridge then saw my little toasts in the pantry and the light bulb went off.  I was so excited to see how these would turn out and let me tell you it’s all GOOD!  The toasts are not too crunchy, but just enough.  You are going to love these….and so will everyone else!  Here’s a picture of the package below.

photos from google images

Here’s the cute package of Imported Petits Toasts.  I would first check your nicer grocery stores in the cheese section, then look in the cracker section.  IF you can’t find them in your stores, I found them on Amazon for $2.99

Y’all ready for the extreme difficulty of this recipe?  Ok, brace yourselves….place your mini toasts onto a baking sheet then place 1 teaspoon of cookie dough over top and bake for 9 minutes.  Phew, that was tough!  lol.

Here they are baking.  Now, I will say you will want to use a chilled cookie dough that has a good amount of flour.  I will give you my cookie recipe that I used below.  It didn’t ooze over the sides of the toasts at all and still tasted delish.  I use this cookie recipe all the time.

Right after you take the toast/cookies out of the oven, quickly get the other toasts to gently press over top while cookies are warm so the top toast sticks after they cool.

I melted some good chocolate, drizzled it over the tops and viola!  Here you have the cutest little cookie-wiches you ever did see :)  Enjoy!

Itty Bitty Chocolate Chip Cookie-wiches

1 package Imported Petits Toasts

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (This Recipe worked great, stayed on top of toasts nicely when baked)

2 sticks butter

3/4 Cup brown sugar

3/4 Cup granulated sugar

2 Large eggs

1 Tablespoon pure vanilla

3 1/4 Cups all purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon kosher salt

2 Cups chocolate chips, I used semi-sweet

1.  To prepare cookie dough, cream your butter and sugars in a stand mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla until well combined, scraping sides of bowl.  Place flour, baking soda and salt into a large bowl; mix then slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips.  Beat on very low until just combined.  Transfer dough to a tupperware/bowl with lid and chill for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.

2.  To prepare Cookie-wiches, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Place mini toasts onto a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet.  Place 1 teaspoon of chilled cookie dough balls over top of toasts and bake for 9 minutes.  Remove from oven and gently press more toasts over top of hot cookies.  Don’t press too hard or cookies will just oooze all over the place!!

3.  Melt chocolate, spoon inside a corner of a ziplock, snip a tiny edge and drizzle chocolate over top of toasts.  Let chocolate harden…or don’t :)  Serve and enjoy!

at least 3 dozen cookie-wiches

**One of my blogging friends Erica of Ivory Hut had a tragedy happen a couple nights ago.  Her entire house burned down.  Her and her family barely made it out alive.  Read about her story HERE and find out how to donate to her sweet family if you can.  Thanks!**

______________________________________________

Have a great rest of your week and weekend!  See y’all soon :)

Comments

Oh my goodness! Jenny these are so adorable!

Jenny, the cute factor is out of control here!!! Love these little babies. :)

Lara says:

I just bought a pack of petite toasts this week for .49 at Trader Joes…just might have to use them for this.

these are the cutest things in the world! i am in love :)

OMG Jenny! These are so stinkin cute!

oh my gosh, those are so cute! I never would have thought to do something like that, but now I can’t wait to try them!

Lora says:

so cute and creative!

Heather says:

These are too cute Jenny! Love them!

TOO cute!! Love these!

Those are so cute! Does the cookie bake all the way or does it stay more doughy?

Hi April,
      The cookie bakes just as it would on the baking sheet. I took it out a half minute before I usually would just so it would stay soft :)

alison says:

Love this idea! So awesome and creative!

Becki D. says:

LOL!! I don’t know if I really want the extra carbs with my cookies, but these sure are fun to look at. Super cute, Jenny!!

pam chang says:

i can’t wait to make these for my after the wedding brunch! :o)

Tickled Red says:

Oh my goodness!! How cute are those! I can’t wait to show my step-mom, she just adores cute little bites of goodies. :)

cathy myers says:

So cute and love the cake stand. What is that on your baking sheet with the red border?

SMITH BITES says:

I’m in LOVE with these!!! Clever, cute, mini – just the cutest things ever and I’m going to try them!!

Wenderly says:

So precious! I love the darling little ditties!

But I’ve just got to know…how on earth do you keep your silpat mat sooooo perfectly clean? wowza!

Rhea says:

How cute are those!! Definitely adding it to my “to do” list!

Amanda :) says:

Oh my gosh girl!! :) Those are a-dor-a-ble!!! :)

These are adorable, and so beautifully photographed! I can’t wait to try to make these!
    I have recently launched my own blog http://www.prettygoodfood.com I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think :) Thanks!
    Happy Cooking!

Such a cute idea and so elegant looking!

Jenny, these are soooo cute! Because they are itty bitty does that mean we can eat lots of ‘em at once? Such pretty photos! Love the itty bitty’s on that cake stand :) xo

Fuji Mama says:

These are out of this world cute!!! You are so creative–you always amaze me!

Stephanie says:

These look amazingly good!

What a silly little dessert! Definitely cute!

ThatsSoYummy says:

You outdo yourself each time, these are ADORABLE! Love it!

Tasha

So cute! (I love those little toasts!)

Jennifer Lan says:

I saw those boxes of tiny toast a couple of months ago. Picked it up and put it right back down. I only wanted it because they were tiny and cute, but didn’t know what to actually do with them. It looks like I now need to go back and grab a box (or two!) and try these! :)

amber says:

I’ve been a lurker for months now, don’t think I commented yet, but I love your blog. Your recipes are amazing, and these cute lil cookies just stole my heart tonight. LOVE it! Wish I could make them for myself, but I’m no sugar low carb, so I’ll have to make them for my family instead. Thanks for all of the lovely posts, I always look forward to your updates!

Kristen says:

You, my dear, are the queen of recipe creation. Brilliant!!

Krista says:

These are beyond adorable! What a genius idea. You rock!

Those are so darn cute! I love bite-sized treats :) I have to try this one out!

Renee says:

So cute! And where on earth did you get that absolutely adorable stand!?

Jennifer says:

They look so good! Love the cake stand. Where did you get it?
    Thanks!

Sues says:

Um, this is one of the best ideas I’ve seen in a LONG time!! Brillant :) I definitely saved and will be making for a future party I’m sure!

April says:

That is such a cute pedestal platter! I love the bow.:) Where did you buy it?

April says:

Nevermind, I see someone already asked. I see TJ Maxx. I’ll have to make a TJ Maxx trip soon…

Sarah says:

Um you are awesome! just saw this recipe and i am now hooked on your blog!

Julie says:

That’s one of the cutest things I’ve ever seen :)

Arlene says:

These are the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! The only problem with these is that I might eat the entire tray myself…

Katrina says:

What a great idea, Jenny. You had me for sure with that last picture of a bite out of one. CUTE!

Candace says:

Not only are these adorable but they look fabulous, as well. Great idea! Candace

hellooo… i’m new to your blog but i just have to say- wow, you’re so creative!!!

i’m adding you to my g-reader! keep my eyes out on you (;

Deborah says:

These are the cutest things ever!

I have two more packages of those adorable toasts-this is such a cute idea for them!

Eliana says:

These are almost too cute to eat. I love them.

These are just too cute!! I love them! So creative!